" The Russian"

Jurrah-Time

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Na i think it was. i remember C.C having a bet with Jolly's manager at the time that he would get a first round pick for him but the general consensus was that they overpaid for a guy who was strugging to get a game for sandy seniors. in hindsight they did very well.

The value of Jamar is obviously what a club is prepared to pay for him, and i wouldn't dismiss an offer being made in the top 20.

You are wrong. "General consensus" meaning your opinion

In 2002

Leigh Brown went from Freo to NM for pick 13.

Barry Brooks went from PA to St K for pick 6 and 61

Barnaby Frnech went from PA to Carl for pick 16.

In 2003

Peter Street went from Geel to WB for pick 20.

And you are telling me Sydney paid over the odds for Jolly? :rolleyes:

Guest hangon007
Remember buy on the fact and not on the rumour.

:lol: :lol: :lol: if you are referring to stock market terminology ... its buy the rumour sell on the facts.

Guest hangon007
Wikipedia told you we are talking rubbish?

:lol: :lol: ... no it suggested then where talking absolute garbage ... I watered it down not to hurt their feelings.

I said if the rumour was true.

Agree. Then I dont know why you raised the issue in the first place as it has no factual substance.

:lol: :lol: :lol: if you are referring to stock market terminology ... its buy the rumour sell on the facts.

Certainly kept alot of people in good stead in recent years. :blink:

Poor Jamar, we're flogging him around like a used piece of meat!

So far he's been included in just about every deal mentioned on Demonland.

Jamar for Ablett I hear you say...

Especially when you consider that all that has been reported is that Port are keen. Nothing has been said about Melbourne's willingness to entertain any kind of trade.

If Port want him, make sure they pay him well over market price for him. We've put plenty of development into this guy, I don't want to see him leave for anything but a top 10 pick (sweeteners aside).

if we have alrady offard a two year contract then the dees dont want him to go, and jamar is not ging anywhere,if jamar does not sign soon then he is thinking about leaving,but he has to wailt for the deal to be done with SB and hawthrone,if that does not happen then no trade is posible,what if the SB hawthrone deal goes throuh at 1 min to 2 on friday then there will be no time left to make any other deals.

You are wrong. "General consensus" meaning your opinion

In 2002

Leigh Brown went from Freo to NM for pick 13.

Barry Brooks went from PA to St K for pick 6 and 61

Barnaby Frnech went from PA to Carl for pick 16.

In 2003

Peter Street went from Geel to WB for pick 20.

And you are telling me Sydney paid over the odds for Jolly? :rolleyes:

na you're wrong.....trust me ;)

is it possible they all paid over the odds :o

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/all-...f-1225783565277

well the Hun have included us this time in their daily trade wrap... According to them Jamar isn't going anywhere, and that Daniel Bell is on the table... I wonder what Carlton would give up for him... Either a really low draft pick we won't use, which will save us delisting him, or a fringe player from their list... Brad Fisher perhaps?

well the Hun have included us this time in their daily trade wrap... According to them Jamar isn't going anywhere, and that Daniel Bell is on the table... I wonder what Carlton would give up for him... Either a really low draft pick we won't use, which will save us delisting him, or a fringe player from their list... Brad Fisher perhaps?

I don't mind giving him away for nothing - if he was uncontracted we'd probably delist him ahead of other guys in the gun, so that would be a win.

I don't know much about Fisher but there's no point bringing in someone who isn't best 18 or has significant upside (and would fill a hole).

I don't mind giving him away for nothing - if he was uncontracted we'd probably delist him ahead of other guys in the gun, so that would be a win.

I don't know much about Fisher but there's no point bringing in someone who isn't best 18 or has significant upside (and would fill a hole).

Fisher on his day is a very handy forward. Good hands but not a great shot for goal. Would be good depth, but we probably don't need more fringe players - like you said.

look, jamar isnt going anywhere unless someone is desperate and wants to pay over the odds for him. as a ruckman (and mature aged)he is a sort after quantity which means he is worth more than his mediocre performances suggest. ie if he was a half banck flanker, and had an equivalent output aged 25, he would be delisted, but as a ruckman he is worth keeping on the list. because there are not many ruckmen out there he is worth more, so he is probably worth somewhere in the 2nd to 3rd rounds.

for us to trade for that would be sensless, we dont gain anything, thus whoever wants him has to buy him at a premium. i cannot see us accepting anything higher than pick 20 because it would be a loss for us, and i cant see many clubs who were in the top 4 being particularly interested in him. thus the only picks we would accept, from clubs who would be interested in would be 14 or below. jamar is simply not worth that.

so he performed well this year? he only played 7 games!

so he kicked a bag of goals? has he ever done it before?

if he had done it for 20 matches, or for 2 years in a row, clubs would be lining up for him, but he hasnt.

for the record, i dont rate him, but at 25, he is at the right time for a ruck to really hit his straps, so if we keep him and he kicks on thats great. if not i dont think we're paying him much anyway...

Guest hangon007
look, jamar isnt going anywhere unless someone is desperate and wants to pay over the odds for him.

Question is will we "pay over the odds for him" .... :mellow:

All this negative Jamar "talk" is very counter productive when the player is un-contracted.

Poor Jamar, we're flogging him around like a used piece of meat!

So far he's been included in just about every deal mentioned on Demonland.

Jamar for Ablett I hear you say...

look, jamar isnt going anywhere unless someone is desperate and wants to pay over the odds for him.

I think everyone can take a deep deep breath now, because Jamar is staying put.

Blues have interest in Daniel Bell. *cough*

I think everyone can take a deep deep breath now, because Jamar is staying put.

Blues have interest in Daniel Bell. *cough*

I personally was not holding my breath.

Where did Sylvia go HT? You on board the Jurrah wagon now? :(

Edited by Mr Morton

I personally was not holding my breath.

Where did Sylvia go HT? You on board the Jurrah wagon now? :(

I 'share the love' Mr Morton. Doing it for the team. ;)

You've only just noticed? I've been on the Warlpiri Wizard for a while mind you, but I changed avatars during Sylvia's suspension. Well and truly still on Sylvia's bandwagon. With Trengove and Scully likely "ins" the avatar might get a workout next season......Grimes, Blease, Strauss,...

Fair to say Newton won't get a guernsey....

Fisher on his day is a very handy forward. Good hands but not a great shot for goal. Would be good depth, but we probably don't need more fringe players - like you said.

So was Darren Cuthbertson.

In addition to not being a great shot for goal, Fisher is slow and he is woeful below the knees. Take Matthew Bate's efforts below the knees in his earlier days and you're still not in the same ballpark. And he has a long history of soft tissue injuries. In short, no use. Couldn't be less interested.

Apparently hears footsteps.......

Carlton are crying out for a 2nd forward option but Fisher cant get a game.

Avoid at all costs.

Bell was on the table last year and no one was interested.

He has done nought in 2009 to change that interest.

Oh wait on, he is from Adelaide so therefore Port Adelaide will be enticed as part of a Burgoyne deal. It could be the sweetener that swings the deal our way. :rolleyes:

Oh wait on, he is from Adelaide so therefore Port Adelaide will be enticed as part of a Burgoyne deal. It could be the sweetener that swings the deal our way. :rolleyes:

Sweet!

Pick 9?

Way to go Harrington!

Harrington! You've done it again.

Everything is coming up Melbourne...