Jim Stynes

Eth

So it' sounds like it's just a matter of time? I don't mean too sound negative at all and I want him to pull through as much as anyone. I have had no experiences with cancer (touch wood) I really really hope he makes it, I also really really hope sooner rather than latter there is a cure for this horrible thing known as "cancer"

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets try to keep a positive Tone & good wishes. IMO Jimmy wants to be treated normally with the regular type banter, etc, with smiles & optimism.

Not too much sympathetic toned best wishes. It would be tough to keep up a good sense of humor if in that position, so probably needs help from the adoring supporters with bright & cheerful cheekiness.

So it' sounds like it's just a matter of time? I don't mean too sound negative at all and I want him to pull through as much as anyone. I have had no experiences with cancer (touch wood) I really really hope he makes it, I also really really hope sooner rather than latter there is a cure for this horrible thing known as "cancer"

its really hard to say Daz. it may be a matter of time. i agree with you, i hope he pulls through. its a horrible disease, and thats being polite. but in what i have seen the human spirit and will is just as important as any treatment, mental toughness is key to defeating this bastard of a disease. spirit, will and mental toughness is what our Jimmy has in spades, so lets see how he goes, he won't hold back, he won't give up, he needs some luck too. as i say to patients i look after, you're only dead when ur in the ground, if ur still breathing, keep fighting, thats what jimmy is doing. he will give it all he's got, lets hope it's enough. our thoughts are with him and anyone else out there that is dealing with this disease, that includes the families, its just as hard for them too.

a lot of u may not have known that last week was Mens Health week all over the world, the slogan we had was Men: Look After your Important tools! it was a time to ask questions about your own health and wellbeing, check you tackle boys, do it regular, from an early age. i am happy to answer any queries via email here if anyone has any questions, would be confidential obviously. we all want to be fit and well to see our boys lift the cup, its not far away, Carn the Dees

Edited by tarzan16

all cancers are not equal. cancers derived from different areas of the body vary in their behaviour and how aggressive they are. Jim hasn't stated in the media the type of cancer he has (as far as i know), but i have heard it is melanoma. Again, there are various different types of melanoma with various different attached prognoses. What I'm trying to say here is that we cannot compare the experiences we have had with our family and friends, who are likely to has faced different fights, and that we do not have enough information to know how jimmy is going. I suspect that it is not looking good, but jimmy is young and a fighter. people can and do survive against the odds and if anyone has a chance at beating it, it is jimmy.

but in what i have seen the human spirit and will is just as important as any treatment, mental toughness is key to defeating this bastard of a disease.

I wouldn't get into a long winded debate about this as it's not the time nor place, but I'd dispute this view. The most positive and strong willed people have and do die of cancer and some of the most negative people from the outset survive. I don't think there are any studies that support your theory, but I'm happy to be directed to them.

That said, I know which state of mind I'd recommend to people. And no, I have no expertise in this field whatsoever.

Does anyone know what happins with his treatment? Does he require more surgery?

Today's twitter that 2 old tumors are back suggests that he will need more surgery. However the fact that no new tumors have emerged is much better news than I had feared.

Keep fighting Jimmy .. we're all with you.

I wouldn't get into a long winded debate about this as it's not the time nor place, but I'd dispute this view. The most positive and strong willed people have and do die of cancer and some of the most negative people from the outset survive. I don't think there are any studies that support your theory, but I'm happy to be directed to them.

That said, I know which state of mind I'd recommend to people. And no, I have no expertise in this field whatsoever.

its no theory mate, i too have seen the strongest minds and bodies dwindle away and the worst kind of people survive,its an unfair disease, but there are those who just give up and they slip away without even fighting, that is my point mate. Jimmy won't give up, even if it does get him at the end, he will have given it all he's got.

its no theory mate, i too have seen the strongest minds and bodies dwindle away and the worst kind of people survive,its an unfair disease, but there are those who just give up and they slip away without even fighting, that is my point mate. Jimmy won't give up, even if it does get him at the end, he will have given it all he's got.

That is spot on. With Jimmy's spirit and an ounce of luck, hopefully he can see this off.

Jimmy is in huge trouble. We are all hoping for a miracle - and that's exactly what he needs. I suspect he knows that. No man on earth deserves a better outcome than the one Jimmy is facing.

I hate baring ones feelings/souls to a person they do not personally know but in this instance I think Mr Stynes has had an indirect, some cases direct, impact on our lives in such a positive way.

Here is hoping Mr Stynes you are one of the fortunate, amazing people who beat this disease. That you are able to go on and live a wonderful life with your family.

:wub:

Big Jimma has just got to live each day to its fullest. I think he is doing that, he inspires us all i hope.

What can you say, The Big man is in a bad way-we as supporters of the MFC can only send him encouragement and love for both him & what he has done for this Mighty Club

Hopefully the re-emergence of the Demon will help pull Jimma through all this....

What an amazing,amazing man.I have followed this football club for 50 years.And have never been more inspired,humbled and yet feel so helpless at the same time.

I constantly see this great man,leave hospital against doctors orders,to give hope and inspiration to others.Truly remarkable.

GREAT POST :wub:

FWIW, i'm working for a doc from Peter Mac and he tells me Jimmy does have a cancer which can disappear for no apparent reason, irrelevant of treatment.

Well let's hope that your doc is right. Cancer can be a very Random disease. Personally i believe Positive Thinking can sometimes Beat certain cancers as well.

The Big Jimma has that in spades. So we the DEMON ARMY just have to help him through it all & beyond.

FWIW, i'm working for a doc from Peter Mac and he tells me Jimmy does have a cancer which can disappear for no apparent reason, irrelevant of treatment.

I've Not been a religious person but a spiritual one, however I'm becoming somewhat more God orientated, so I for one will say some prayers for our Jimma.

• 5 months later...