Cats game NOT live

melbournefc18

Kellie Underwood isn't the best commentator out there, but she's not as bad as people suggest.

I think a lot of people are put off by the fact that she's female and they're not used to it.

It makes her stick out a little more than the other commentators and any bad calls are emphasised to a greater extent.

In a positive light, at least we're on free to air TV this week. It's been a while since those without foxtel have been able to see a game if we can't make it to the 'G

Im well aware of the terrible commentators and personnel in the media, though Kelli voice is what gets me...its...so bogan!

looks like i'll be listening to the radio and following online No big deal, as another poster said at least we get some "free to air" coverage for those that arn't mad, passionate, crazy supporters (like us) and or have foxtel. As for Kelly Underwood IMO she is a terrible commentator, i don't care that she is female, if she new what she was on about and didn't have a terrible mono tone voice it wouldn't bother me. All of the decent Football callers are on radio anyway!

I don't see why people get so uptight about the game being slightly delayed.

Just pretend the game starts at 3:30 or whatever...big deal.

There's no material difference.

Yep, since I can't make it to the game due to a work commitment earlier in the morning, I will just switch off all electronic devices at 2:10 and pretend the game is live when it starts on TV at 3:00.

The last time I did that with a Geelong game was the day we won by one point down at Kardinia Park, so who knows, I might be tattooing myself afterall :o B)

surely they could televise this one live its not like it that easy to get a ticket

I can't stand 9 anyway, so I'm waiting for the broadcast rights to be completed so I can hopefully enjoy 7 & 10 getting footy home where it is.

Stuff those pretentious big heads over there @ Channel Eddie & his whiteline fever.

looks like i'll be listening to the radio

anyone figure out how to get an hour's delay on the radio so I can mute the TV and synch the radio with the TV :)

I think a lot of people are put off by the fact that she's female and they're not used to it.

I really don't like this defence. Yes, I applaud her for breaking into a male-dominated industry. But that doesn't mean I have to like her. Or refrain from criticising her commentary. She's not good. Worse when Geelong's playing, as her obvious knowledge of the Cats, their game, and their players, is starkly contrasted with her less-than-optimal knowledge of other clubs. She doesn't really do a good job of telling you what's going on (a bit of a redundant job anyway for a TV commentator) and she's annoying to listen to, both in terms of her voice and her cliches.

It's nothing at all to do with her being a woman. There are plenty of male commentators I dislike too. The fact she's a woman should not prevent her from being open to criticism.

We should be happy with some free to air coverage

stop whinging!

Agree. Let's enjoy the fact that, for the only time this year, a game that's not in Melbourne is viewable by the majority of us. The rest of our non-Melbourne games are all on Foxtel. It's only 60 minutes.

Seriously, I have to wait 2.5 days for the Lost finale (it's torture).

anyone figure out how to get an hour's delay on the radio so I can mute the TV and synch the radio with the TV :)

if you have an iPhone you can get an app called "tune in radio" and it allows you to record radio so u can just record it and start listening to it when the footy starts and it will continue to record.. That's how I will be doing it

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
Kelly Underwood: Oh! Garry Ablet has the ball, hes such a super star.

Look his handballed it. yes he did, and its gone straight to that gorgeous hank of manhood Tom Harley. Now Harley has kicked it long into the forward line and Cam is going up for the mark.. Oh damn that lousy lousy Melbourne player just spoiled the mark, you know? whats his name.

Anyway looks like Geelongs won, which went without saying.

Come on everyone lets join in the chorus, We are Geelong ....

Stephen-quartermain: Excuse me Kelly you cant do that

Kelli Underwood: What you mean I cant sing the cats theme song ???

Stephen-quartermain: No because it is only quarter time.

Kelli Underwood: What is a quarter?

It just needed an edit at the end. B)

Edited by Rojik of the Arctic

I can't stand 9 anyway, so I'm waiting for the broadcast rights to be completed so I can hopefully enjoy 7 & 10 getting footy home where it is.

Stuff those pretentious big heads over there @ Channel Eddie & his whiteline fever.

I think you will Find that 9 will be involved in the footy next rights and they are the ones that are really pushing the Live aspect, so personally i cant wait for them to be involved. They did it better than anyone.

Edited by Demon3

FFS. Underwood? I'd be surprised if ANY of our players got the ball according to her commentary.

She's sure to give rave reviews to Mortram, Jockie McKenzie and Won-tonga Meeri (particularly when the latter kicks a magnificent goal from 50 metres out right in the square, directly in front with a 45 degree angle, and the umpire throws it back in). Other than that you're probably right.

Listen live on the radio - by 3pm it's likely you will have heard enough and won't want or need to watch the carnage all over again. Hence Kelli is avoided.

everyone should take the time to write to 10 and voice their dislike for keli underwood. or maybe, not sure if its been done already, but maybe someone on BF or here could start a petition on the same topic. surely if the numbers are therethey will not put us through that excrutiating listening experience again.

I think you will Find that 9 will be involved in the footy next rights and they are the ones that are really pushing the Live aspect, so personally i cant wait for them to be involved. They did it better than anyone.

'Demon3', interesting No there. You don't have any connection there @ 9 do you?

I'm quite happy keeping it @ 7 & 10.

anything but channel eddie.

Have you people been living in Melbourne for the past 8 or so years or what?

Saturday afternoon games on 10 have ALWAYS been a delayed telecast at 3:30pm. I seriously can't believe any of you are acting surprised...

Thing is mate it will be sold out.

'Demon3', interesting No there. You don't have any connection there @ 9 do you?

I'm quite happy keeping it @ 7 & 10.

anything but channel eddie.

You mean the breakfast radio guy who's on for half an hour on weekdays before most people get home from work??

Yeah, he's just everywhere these days. Did you just wake up from a coma you fell into in 2002?? Get over it.