Brock a crock gives blues the blues

A recent quote from BigFooty.

"To me Brock Mclean is slow, has no intensity, slow with his hands, poor with his ball handling, has poor agility and lateral movement and is always getting the ball standing still and flat footed which suggests that he's not that smart at reading the play around stoppages. His tackling is weak, opposition are often able to get decent handballs out while Mclean is tackling them. His defencive work is not good enough he's too easy to beat out in the open." and these are his good points! boom boom.

Thread - "Brock MClean is he up to it?"

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=702078

No he's not.

However I hope that he is not booed when we do play Carlton. I thought it was unfair on TJ to do so given he didn't want to leave.

While Brock was never one of my favourite players, in fact I always thought he was over rated, he did personally contribute around $10,000 to debt demolition which I do not think any other player did, so that is admirable.

Other than that I am glad he at Carlton and am not suprised he is doing poorly.

No he's not.

However I hope that he is not booed when we do play Carlton. I thought it was unfair on TJ to do so given he didn't want to leave.

While Brock was never one of my favourite players, in fact I always thought he was over rated, he did personally contribute around $10,000 to debt demolition which I do not think any other player did, so that is admirable.

Any disappointment I felt over Brock leaving is overshadowed for me by the fact that he gave $10k to the debt demolition. It was an amazing gesture by him, and frankly he deserves our heartfelt and eternal thanks. It was people like him who saved the Melbourne Football Club.

Any disappointment I felt over Brock leaving is overshadowed for me by the fact that he gave $10k to the debt demolition. It was an amazing gesture by him, and frankly he deserves our heartfelt and eternal thanks. It was people like him who saved the Melbourne Football Club.

If he felt sufficiently committed to the MFC to donate $10k - why did he walk out a year later? It doesn't make sense - unless he suddenly realized that he wasn't going to get the captaincy. Perhaps I'm being unfair - but his change of heart was inexplicable

Anyway Brock thanks for the donation.

I look forward to cheering on Jordan Gysberts for years to come

Whether the big footy comments are true or not. You could probably find similar derogaratory comments about just about any player in the competition if you looked hard enough. As we can all see by reading threads, anyone can type.

I am also grateful for Brock's contribution to the MFC. But I will still boo and abuse him at the games. As any Demon fan should. And as I am sure he will be expecting.

For god's sake, get over it... he's gone. Who cares what value or lack of value the blues are getting from him.

Agree.

Well said.

If he felt sufficiently committed to the MFC to donate $10k - why did he walk out a year later? It doesn't make sense - unless he suddenly realized that he wasn't going to get the captaincy. Perhaps I'm being unfair - but his change of heart was inexplicable

Yes you are being unfair. Supporters need to get over the Brock walked out chip on their shoulder.

His contract was due at the end of last year. MFC offered him another shorter term contract for considerably less. He like any footballer has every right to chase what coin they can from the game. He did just that.

Its also reasonable of you to recognise his donation though.

But I will still boo and abuse him at the games. As any Demon fan should.

Its says more about the person booing than the target. Its not a nice image.

Whether the big footy comments are true or not. You could probably find similar derogaratory comments about just about any player in the competition if you looked hard enough. As we can all see by reading threads, anyone can type.

I am also grateful for Brock's contribution to the MFC. But I will still boo and abuse him at the games. As any Demon fan should. And as I am sure he will be expecting.

On a previous thread at a luncheon where Bailey spoke about Brock . They were that Brock was no loss, as his body is shot, is a poor decision maker and lacks a-grade skills.

I am not sure if Bails would be that direct??

Edited by RedsoxMan

Supporters need to get over the Brock walked out chip on their shoulder.

Did he even really walk out though? Seems to have been at the very least a mutual decision, as the club were apparently motivated enough to seal a trade for him before trade week even began! Surprised Carlton weren't more suspicious about how eager we were to let him go, actually, but obviously we couldn't have thought that he'd ever be able to recapture anything like his best form. Based on his performances with Carlton so far, you'd have to say we were probably right.

Edited by JP_

Did he even really walk out though? Seems to have been at the very least a mutual decision, as the club were apparently motivated enough to seal a trade for him before trade week even began! Surprised Carlton weren't more suspicious about how eager we were to let him go, actually, but obviously we couldn't have thought that he'd ever be able to recapture anything like his best form. Based on his performances with Carlton so far, you'd have to say we were probably right.

That's the point. It was a mutual decision. He was not going to get the same opportunities and money at MFC that he would get at Carlton. Unless he was injured, why should Carlton have been suspicious? They had seen him play AFL for over six years. And Ratten and Riley had coached him at MFC. They know what they were doing and what Carlton needed after Stevens had retired early.

MFC were not prepared to stump up the sort of $$$ they had in the past contract based on both past performance and perception of future opportunities in the next 12,24 and 36 months.

Anyway Brock thanks for the donation.

I look forward to cheering on Jordan Gysberts for years to come

I thought it was common knowledge that he wouldn't play or wasn't up to DBs game plan. The major point being his defensive work was sub-par.

I suppose you booed Travis also, and Woey?

Pathetic!

No he's not.

I never booed TJ or Woey but I will Boo Brock until my voice gives way !!!

Leave it alone. Brock gave his all for us when he was here and you can ask no more of a player. We really don't know why he left and the fact it was quickly done was a good reflection on the professionalism of the club.

Personally I wish him all the best as he seemed like a nice bloke, and I hope he reaches his potential at Carlton in every game except when they play us.

I suppose you booed Travis also, and Woey?

Pathetic!

Take it easy.

It is pretty much common practice in every sporting code in the world. If a former player comes against their old team, the fans give them a bit of crap. It is nothing personal on the guy. It is just what happens. If I met ever met Brock or Trav or whoever at a pub, i'd probably buy him a beer and have a chat. But if they are playing against MFC then you boo or abuse them. Like I said, as im sure Brock will be expecting.

Pick 11 from carlton is all i will say once again.

Excellent work from the MFC no carrying players who are not going to win us a flag.

Joel Macdonald dropped this week for a bad game-in the old days joel would have played tomorrow night, but now he will hopefully learn that we need & expect Top line performances at this club now, and so we should.

Brock was never up to it and Trav has 200 of the softest games ever played. Its about time we realised fast who can play and who cant. Well done to Bails. Trav played his best game for the demons two weeks ago I look forward to Brock doing the same when we play Carlton, cant wait.