2010 Membership Thread

LeBron James

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you have a CC from Australia, there will be no way around it, Banks want their money... Sorry your money.

Have you looked into online bank transfers? might be cheaper in charger (Not TT's though, they are a rip off)

I'm located in Kenya, I have worked for the UN in several years since 2006 and have taken out interstate/country membership for my wife and I every year (often late though). I have only managed to see one game in the last four years and that was the North shocker last year at the bubble dome...It was my Finnish wife's first game so she's still struggling to love the game. I knew we should get married when we we're in Finland and she jumped on the couch in her parents house and started screaming at the telly over a Finland vs Russia Ice Hockey game...I wear a Suomi jumper for the ice hockey and she wears a Wallabies top for the union.

Anyway

I contacted the club via email because I wished to renew my wife and my's membership AND buy one for our first child due in July. So that three memberships. However there was no way for the transaction to go through without processing my credit card 3 times for each membership. I object to this because I get hit with 3 forex (US$ to AUS$) charges and a crap exchange rate but the club told me there was no other way. (All up its adds about $50 to the transaction)

Does anyone else think this is daft? I'm still waiting for a solution from the club...

Mark Warne-Smith

I have sent you Mark a personal email- regarding a Wizard Clear Adavantag card-I use it overseas constantly with NO international charges. Please look into it however please read the Charges

Below is a summary of your charges. For a more detailed explanation, please refer to your Contract Documents.

Overview Wizard Clear Advantage MasterCard

Standard Annual Percentage Rate

The interest you pay on purchases and cash advances.

18.49% p.a.

Interest Free Days

The number of days no interest will be charged for the Wizard Clear Advantage MasterCard purchases you make.

Up to 55 days

Cheque Dishonour Charge

This is applied if a cheque payment is rejected by the paying bank.

$10

Direct Debit Dishonour Charge

This is applied if a direct debit is rejected by the paying bank.

$2.50

Australia Post Payments Charge

The cost incurred from making your payment at Australia Post.

$1.50<

Late Charge

This applies if you do not make whole of the minimum payment by the due date shown on your statement.

$35

Over-limit Charge

This is incurred when a purchase takes your balance over your credit limit.

$35

Statement Reprint Charge

This is charged if you request a copy of your statement (the charge is waived if you did not receive your original statement).

$7

Voucher Retrieval Charge

If you wish to dispute a purchase, you can request a copy of the purchase receipt. No charge will be applicable if you did not approve the purchase.

$7

Trace Charge

If you move, you need to let us know your new address. If your monthly payment is late and we have to trace where you've moved, you'll be charged a Trace Charge.

$00- no International fees. :wub:

This hopefully will help others sign up whom are overseas.

Edited by jayceebee31

Some benchmarks from last year (some of the dates are a few days off because people often posted the tracker which his moved onto the debt demolition):

March 16: 24,200

March 23: 25,006

March 30: 27,128 27,595 (+467)

April 6: 28,174 28,099 (-75)

April 13: 28,601 29,055(+454)

April 20: 29,035 29, 861 (+826)

April 21: 30,000

April 27: 29,815

April 29: 30,000

May 4: 30,275

May 11: 30,479

May 18: 30,630

May 25: 30,855

June 1: 31,000

June 8: 31,094

June 15: 31,294

July 1 (finale): 31,508

And the Melbourne football club is flying! Even without winning that most "critical" NAB round 1 match.

Edited by 45HG16

March 30: 27,128 27,595 (+467)

April 6: 28,174 28,099 (-75)

April 13: 28,601 29,055(+454)

April 20: 29,035 29, 861 (+826)

April 21: 30,000

April 27: 29,815 30,301 (+486)

April 29: 30,000 31,200 (+1,200)!!!

May 4: 30,275

May 11: 30,479

May 18: 30,630

May 25: 30,855

June 1: 31,000

June 8: 31,094

June 15: 31,294

July 1 (finale): 31,508

I think we can get to 32,000. (This week's may not be 100% accurate as the website seems to be having troubles - how novel!)

Edited by 45HG16

Hello and yes its a Grandson

I would write to cameron schwab and explain your family situation with the club. Do a contra deal, they send you over clothing merchandise they cant sell and get a tax deduction, and you get free membership to distrubute the clothes .( when a team in the states loses a superbowl etc, their winning t shirts etc which are wrong are sent to africa instead of being destroyed http://blogcritics.org/sports/article/what-happens-to-the-souvenir-t/)

Edited by Satan

From today's AGE: MFC / MCC

"10,000 MCC members have taken out MFC membership" If i recall this would be about half of all MCC members who list themselves as MFC "supporters".

I've posted on this before: Carrot for MCC members - we would be in FANTASTIC shape if we could tap in to more of the other half...perhaps some kind of focused drive within the members area on game days?

So about half of the MCC members listed as supporters are members (50%). That leaves about 11% of non-MCC members who are supporters signing up (going by the 200,000 melbourne supporters in total figure). I'd say that's the market we need to tap into.

Surely the newest figure is wrong??? After the Tigers game there must have been more than 300 people who signed up over the entire week and at the game???

As with every other week I'd treat these figures as an indication of membership rather than a 100% accurate figure.

From today's AGE: MFC / MCC

"10,000 MCC members have taken out MFC membership" If i recall this would be about half of all MCC members who list themselves as MFC "supporters".

I've posted on this before: Carrot for MCC members - we would be in FANTASTIC shape if we could tap in to more of the other half...perhaps some kind of focused drive within the members area on game days?

There is a membership stall in the lobby of the MCC at every home game. It is often manned by injured/reserves players. MCC/MFC Members can also collect their scarves from here.

There is a membership stall in the lobby of the MCC at every home game. It is often manned by injured/reserves players. MCC/MFC Members can also collect their scarves from here.

That's a great initiative by the club!

Obviously helping the improved MCC numbers!

So about half of the MCC members listed as supporters are members (50%). That leaves about 11% of non-MCC members who are supporters signing up (going by the 200,000 melbourne supporters in total figure). I'd say that's the market we need to tap into.

That would be great I agree, but these MCC members are at the game already, decked out in their gear and can simply take up a $50 "token" membership to show their support and count for the official stat. Let's face it, it should be easier to squeeze a fifty out of some of these guys than the average joe who needs to come up with over 5 times that for the cheapest membership on offer.

I'm also aware of the MFC stall in the foyer (where existing MFC members pick up their scalves). This is good, but maybe not proactive enough.

Just sayin, even a few more thousand would help the stat, and seems accessible.

Edited by Tricky

I'm also aware of the MFC stall in the foyer (where existing MFC members pick up their scalves). This is good, but maybe not proactive enough.

Just sayin, even a few more thousand would help the stat, and seems accessible.

Well...what more can they do???

There's a membership stall there. They don't have to line up outside at the larger tents. That's pretty much the extent of what they can do. Frankly it's remarkable we're even allowed to go that far.

It couldn't possibly be easier for MCC Members to sign up:

They get targetted emails with the offer.

They have a box they can tick on their yearly renewal which pays both memberships in one go.

They have a stall right inside the entrance they can go to on gameday.

Any MCC Members we're missing is not because the Club isn't being proactive enough, it's because some people are just apathetic. The only tactic we're missing is sending Jordie McKenzie into the MCC pre-game to warm up by tackling some non-MFC members and forcibly extracting $50 notes from their wallets.

Frankly it's remarkable we're even allowed to go that far.

"Remarkable" on a MFC match day, to allow the club with oldest connection with the MCC to have a small stall off to the side of foyer - why do you say that?

YES the current MFC board has done much to address the relationship between the two clubs.

Could we coax a few more MCC members to sign up....probably

Is that what this thread is about? Yes.

"Remarkable" on a MFC match day, to allow the club with oldest connection with the MCC to have a small stall off to the side of foyer - why do you say that?

YES the current MFC board has done much to address the relationship between the two clubs.

Could we coax a few more MCC members to sign up....probably

Is that what this thread is about? Yes.

Because the MCC themselves never, ever, do any direct selling of anything at all in the reserve.

I think sometimes people lose sight of the fact that the MCC are the significantly larger and more important club in the relationship between the two. We do not, and will never, call the shots. Nor should we.

That would be great I agree, but these MCC members are at the game already, decked out in their gear and can simply take up a $50 "token" membership to show their support and count for the official stat. Let's face it, it should be easier to squeeze a fifty out of some of these guys than the average joe who needs to come up with over 5 times that for the cheapest membership on offer.

You're forgetting that MCC members have already forked out over $500 for their membership, which is a fair whack. I think a lot more MCC members would be on board if they actually got something for their money (like general MFC members who get entry to footy games for their money). If the club could come up with a way of giving some value for the $50, which is currently a donation really, then I know a few people who I reckon I could badger into joining.