Jurrah Hurt!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, the commentators said it was definitely a broken arm on FiveAA, but then again, they're south australian

Unbelievable isn't it?

Rudeboy gave us the accurate news 20 minutes before the radio station did, and from a state away (presumably).

That caps off easily the most incompetent radio announcing I've ever heard.

And I've heard Andy Maher and Derwayne.

Ok, the commentators said it was definitely a broken arm on FiveAA, but then again, they're south australian

Rude Boy is a close mate of LJ`s. Read his earlier post and consider the matter closed. The good thing is that it popped out and straight back in so the ligament damage would be as minimal as a shoulder dislocation can get, although still incredibly painful. (I`ve popped mine more than half a dozen times!)

He`ll still spend quite a bit of time on the sidelines no matter how mild the `pop` was!

That caps off easily the most incompetent radio announcing I've ever heard.

And I've heard Andy Maher and Derwayne.

That really is quite an indictment on the station :rolleyes: !!!

But there does tend to be a general injury hysteria among media folk.

That being said.....

Jurrah hurt as Crows edge Dees

Jurrah being hurt is bad either way! We need games under his belt asap, not starting in 12 weeks time.

Gotta feel for Belly, cannot avoid getting hurt, and this is a last chance year for him.

[Deleted for player abuse - Poster warned]

Seriously, I wish Bell and Jurrah a speedy recovery, and wish Newton, Meesen and Hughes all the best to try and resurrect their careers with the Demons this season.

They just mentioned on SEN that Bell would miss 8 weeks.

For Jurrah, they didn't give a timeframe, but said they were seeking further consultation - but summised that he was cleared of serious injury

For Jurrah, they didn't give a timeframe, but said they were seeking further consultation - but summised that he was cleared of serious injury

I guess that's good news. 'Seeking futher consultation' doesn't sound too good though.

Edit: See http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/90287/default.aspx for info. Says that Jones is OK, just soreness.

Edited by titan_uranus

This is bad news all around. It's really disappointing we can't seem to have any

sort of luck with injuries. I'd like to see the stats over the last 3 years on how many total games were

missed by our list due to injury. I reckon we would go close to having the worst record in the

AFL. Wish Jurrah and Bell all the best hopefully the club get them right and Bell can give us a reason to back him

for another contract and Jurrah can ignite the MCG with his talent.

Edited by Diablo Deemon

I guess that's good news. 'Seeking futher consultation' doesn't sound too good though.

Edit: See http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/90287/default.aspx for info. Says that Jones is OK, just soreness.

jones said on his twitter that he pulled up fine from the game...just the normal stiffness thats comes with it

Liam Jurrah will have surgery this week and its hoped a mid season return for the elusive second year player

Where did you get this from ?

Liam Jurrah will have surgery this week and its hoped a mid season return for the elusive second year player

Wondering where this bit of information has come from... nothing on the AFL's MFC site, nothing in the Age's Real Footy, not even a Tweet from Schwabbie.

Wondering where this bit of information has come from... nothing on the AFL's MFC site, nothing in the Age's Real Footy, not even a Tweet from Schwabbie.

this PNG guy has 11 posts and that is the first one that has anything at all to do with football

how strange

This makes sense.

The problem with a shoulder dislocation is that once dislocated the ligaments stretch. It will naturally heal in about 8 weeks, however, if the ligaments are not tightened with surgery, the shoulder is very prone to dislocate again with minimal force. The decison to go to surgury, means the club has decided it best to tighten the ligaments up now rather than wait to the end of the season. Clearly there was significant ligament damage.

A disappointing result for all involved.

this PNG guy has 11 posts and that is the first one that has anything at all to do with football

how strange

Well I've not been a member for very long mate. And the season hasn't even started. Most of my posts are just to get me acquainted with this website on various threads. Admittedly I'm not a huge footy expert but I'm passionate about the Deez all the same.

From an email I got. A friend of mine is very good mates with Matty Whelan. Not saying this info is from Matty Whelan but the info he shares with me has always been spot on the money. Didn't want to cause panic, just sharing info that I received. Time will tell on the validity.

We'll live. If he's out for half a season that's life and it will give a few other guys a chance to show what they've got plus give him a chance to do some gym work and build up a bit (much Like Morton). While it will hurt not to have such an exciting drawcard on the field, it's not the end of the world. Remember, he's still a beginner at this level despite the expectations placed on him. He's not our Matchwinner just yet.

We'll live. If he's out for half a season that's life and it will give a few other guys a chance to show what they've got plus give him a chance to do some gym work and build up a bit (much Like Morton). While it will hurt not to have such an exciting drawcard on the field, it's not the end of the world. Remember, he's still a beginner at this level despite the expectations placed on him. He's not our Matchwinner just yet.

At least Morton will be able to lift weights. Can't see Jurrah lifting to many after shoulder surgery. Your right It's not the end of the world but still very disappointing. I was looking forward to seeing Watts and Jurrah lining up together this year. Here's hoping LJ can be back for the Queens Birthday clash against the Filth.