Robbo

Courtney_Fish

There was a time two years ago when Robbo was toying with an offer to cross to the Bulldogs but he stayed loyal and signed on for two more years at Melbourne. I don't know now whether this was a good move from the point of view of the club or the player.

There was a time two years ago when Robbo was toying with an offer to cross to the Bulldogs but he stayed loyal and signed on for two more years at Melbourne. I don't know now whether this was a good move from the point of view of the club or the player.

He'd be kicking himself now, wouldn't he?

Wasn't is supposed to be a 3 year deal for substantially more than we could offer? Ouch.

at the time i actually hoped he would go.

that sounds horrible, i loved having robbo around, and loved watching him play, but it was pretty obvious we weren't going to win a flag and i thought that we had held onto white and yze both far too long. it was a chance for us to get some really good draft picks which we didnt take, for good or worse.

i am not disappointed we didnt trade him; he is melbourne through and through, and i am happy it ended that way, but if he was at the dogs, hall might not be, it might be a very different football world.

for a terrible hypothetical hindsight exercise, does anyone know exactly which year it was and who the doggies drafted with what picks?

for a terrible hypothetical hindsight exercise, does anyone know exactly which year it was and who the doggies drafted with what picks?

If he did sign on at Melbourne for two years after knocking back the Dogs 3 year offer as Demonland stated, it would have been at the conclusion of the 2007 season.

I'm not really sure about what pick(s) were on the table, or even if it got to that stage when/what pick(s) were known. Someone else might....I recall he spoke to a few people of interest when weighing up his options...one of them was G.Lyon.

Surely people are entitled to their opinion on demonland, even if it is at the expense of someone's favourite player..

agreed, but just felt like it was turnung to a robbo bashing thread and i didnt think it was showing much respect thats all.

I do think hes time was up too so i agree with everyone in that sense but i just reckon he gave a us a lot of ups and downs he was very good too watch and the way everyone was talking about him its like nobody here like him which i think was bulls_ _t.

p.s he wasnt my favourite player anyway but i did enjoyed the fantastic grabs he used too take! ;)

agreed, but just felt like it was turnung to a robbo bashing thread and i didnt think it was showing much respect thats all.

;)

Ah, theres plenty of tossers here that like to pot players.

They should stfu, or get out there and do better.

The fact theres people still bagging players after theyve retired amazes me.

'Get a life', sort of thing..

• Like 1

Guest straussski
No, Scientology doesn't allow it's followers onto forums.....especially ones that are named "Demonland!"

dunno if thats true...i wouldnt be on this website then would i...??

Robbo.

The first season in which he ran out in a red and blue jumper we finished last.

The last seasonin in which he wore the red and blue we finished last again.

We hit some highs in between but never acheived the ultimate glory.

It was great to watch someone so totally addicted to the speckie adrenalin; someone who played like he was 8 inches taller than he actually was; someone who played because he loved to play, loved the game and proudly wore his heart on his sleve'

Thanks Robbo for the entertainment, perticularly when we were down, we needed some highlights to help us justify walking through the gates each week.

I think it was 2004, Suboaco, v. freo, Peter Vardy had kicked 4 including 3 in four minutes, the last quater was played in torrential rain, we came from behind to run out victorious (the only time an interstate team had beaten either WA team at what was then commonly known as 'the house of pain' - or the house of RAIN. as Dennis Cometti described it - for the entire season). Half way through that last quater Robbo soccered one through from inside the goal square, to this day i can still see him sliding on his back pupming his fists in the air in celebration.

That's the way i'm choosing to remember Robbo. Loving the game and celebrating victory against the odds in the worst posible conditions.

Robbo.

Thanks Robbo for the entertainment, perticularly when we were down, we needed some highlights to help us justify walking through the gates each week.

I think it was 2004, Suboaco, v. freo, Peter Vardy had kicked 4 including 3 in four minutes, the last quater was played in torrential rain, we came from behind to run out victorious (the only time an interstate team had beaten either WA team at what was then commonly known as 'the house of pain' - or the house of RAIN. as Dennis Cometti described it - for the entire season). Half way through that last quater Robbo soccered one through from inside the goal square, to this day i can still see him sliding on his back pupming his fists in the air in celebration.

That's the way i'm choosing to remember Robbo. Loving the game and celebrating victory against the odds in the worst posible conditions.

Well said and welcome aboard ;)

Robbo.

The first season in which he ran out in a red and blue jumper we finished last.

The last seasonin in which he wore the red and blue we finished last again.

We hit some highs in between but never acheived the ultimate glory.

It was great to watch someone so totally addicted to the speckie adrenalin; someone who played like he was 8 inches taller than he actually was; someone who played because he loved to play, loved the game and proudly wore his heart on his sleve'

Well said - Robbo was a great Melbourne man who should be extremely proud of his achievements and contribution to our club

Robbo was great when he wasn't sitting on his backside watching his opponent run the ball out of defence.

Doesn't make KS' statement any less true...

Yeah it does.

Coming off a total achilles blowout and therefore having no pre-season or base meant that he didnt have the juice in the tank to get up and chase. Maybe bailey should have played him in shorter bursts?

Frustrated and acting like an angry kid, punching the ground and that, because his body was holding him back from what he can and would normally do? Obviously.

Sitting on his ass watching the play around him, lazily, as KS is implying? No. [censored] No.

He may not have been the best / fastest chaser before his injury, he still did it. But he looked like a tired old man when he 1st got back on the field, after a contest.

Why would you bust your button for a team for 10 years and then suddenly turn saboteur? After going thru all the pain of rehab just to get back on the track, to give more to your team?

Common sense just isnt common anymore..

It's good to see that Robbo still loves his footy enough to want to go the bush and play the game that's passed him by at the highest level. That's the sad thing about them game because it eats up some of it's participants who don't know it's over until it's well and truly over.

In Robbo's case I thought it was over a couple of seasons ago. The end was muddied by the fact of Neita's retirement and Robbo's own Achilles but the circumstances of the club meant new directions - substantially different anything that fitted a flamboyant forward with a flair for individual brilliance closing in on 30.

Still, I'm a bit amazed, given the lack of depth of the recent draft, that none of the AFL clubs could find a place for Robbo even as a mature aged rookie pinch hitting as a forward. He's a better player than quite a few of the recycled spuds going around on some of the AFL lists not to mention a good bulk of rookie listers in general. But I suppose that's the AFL.

Yeah it does.

Coming off a total achilles blowout and therefore having no pre-season or base meant that he didnt have the juice in the tank to get up and chase. Maybe bailey should have played him in shorter bursts?

Frustrated and acting like an angry kid, punching the ground and that, because his body was holding him back from what he can and would normally do? Obviously.

Sitting on his ass watching the play around him, lazily, as KS is implying? No. [censored] No.

He may not have been the best / fastest chaser before his injury, he still did it. But he looked like a tired old man when he 1st got back on the field, after a contest.

Why would you bust your button for a team for 10 years and then suddenly turn saboteur? After going thru all the pain of rehab just to get back on the track, to give more to your team?

Common sense just isnt common anymore..

hahahaha... right..

Look, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Deeluded would be a better screen name for you, if it wasn't already taken.

Robbo was just on SEN talking about his sadness at ending his AFL career and the reasons why he has agreed to play for Shepparton Swans.

He was a good player for us and and a nice guy as well and should be remembered accordingly.

:lol::lol::lol: You think your the enforcer, enforcers kick 450 GOALS, dreamers go an watch them bag 450GOALS, you need show respect, the only time you bleed for the colors is wen you buy a membership, there doing wat you dream about enforcer.

Give the guy a break

He along with most of us admired the contribution Robbo made to our club

His time is up doesnt mean we have no respect for him

Asking how many AFL games a forum poster played is irrellavant

Like asking if the writer of a murder mystery needed to be a murderer to have credibility

Its obvious how many you played

hahahaha... right..

Look, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Deeluded would be a better screen name for you, if it wasn't already taken.

Is that it? Is that the best you got? So everyone that disagrees with you is deeluded?

Im still right and youre fighting a lone hand (or playing with it)

You come across as one of those AFL newbies, whats your 1st love, soccer? rugby?

..so much to say (eg: 100 posts a day) but so little substance..