Sculls - Our No. 1

Debamboozle

I love the thought of Trengove. Deserved number one pick. Unfortunately up against this bloke...

Sculls our No. 1

The inner circle of the Dees apparently think this guy is as good as Judd was as a junior.

God it sucks to have to choose between them... 1 or 2... 2 or 1...

Sculls for No. 1 for me. A level above at the champs (I only saw his nose bandage game though LOL).

C'arn the Mighty Dees for 2010 and beyond!

I love the thought of Trengove. Deserved number one pick. Unfortunately up against this bloke...

Sculls our No. 1

The inner circle of the Dees apparently think this guy is as good as Judd was as a junior.

God it sucks to have to choose between them... 1 or 2... 2 or 1...

Sculls for No. 1 for me. A level above at the champs (I only saw his nose bandage game though LOL).

C'arn the Mighty Dees for 2010 and beyond!

Decent write up!?! He'll have to win at least 2 Brownlows to live up to that. Wow - have we got something special here!

I seriously doubt that to be true. Judd was kicking massive bags of goals (13 or 14 in 1 match) for Caulfield Grammar playing as a forward and getting leather poisoning in the midfield.

I hope he is a gun but I don't hold high hopes for his 1sy year in terms of output. Same goes for Trengove or whoever else we select.

I seriously doubt that to be true. Judd was kicking massive bags of goals (13 or 14 in 1 match) for Caulfield Grammar playing as a forward and getting leather poisoning in the midfield.

I hope he is a gun but I don't hold high hopes for his 1sy year in terms of output. Same goes for Trengove or whoever else we select.

The more I read about these young kids and their dedication to reaching the top, the more I realise how stupid it would be to try to draft a half-crippled, self indulgent and arrogant individual like Luke Ball who won't even give us the time of day.

I look forward to seeing the likes of Scully and Trengove at the club and, if the choice at 18 is between Ball and a young gun, I would rather draft a Bastinac or a Vardy than a bloke who doesn't want to be at the club and won't be around for long anyway. If we get a good, young kid, he'll be around long after Ball breaks down.

I don't quite see the Judd comparisons, although he is very 'Cousins' like.

We are very, very lucky to be in a position to get both Scully and Trengove, we weren't the worst team this year.

I agree - Cousins without the issues and slightly better.

I was amazed and pleased to hear he has already had 'severe osteitis pubis' by the age of 15.

With a runner like him this would be my biggest concern, but he's obviously learnt the valuable lesson of not over-training and learnt how to deal with a problem like OP.

Can it be true? The only other thing I think you could ask of him is for a bit more height...

Its always refreshing to read about such persistant dedication to improve on the weaker parts of your game

I remember 2 of the finest exponents of handball do the same thing for hours and hours in their early days

Barry Cable and Polly Farmer

Its not a fluke that these guys were that good

I prefer not to compare with current greats but this kid has the best set of hands i have seen at his age

Media driven dribble aside i really dont care if he is drafted 1 or 2 with Trengove so long as their in demon jumpers is all that matters

Its always refreshing to read about such persistant dedication to improve on the weaker parts of your game

I remember 2 of the finest exponents of handball do the same thing for hours and hours in their early days

Barry Cable and Polly Farmer

Its not a fluke that these guys were that good

I prefer not to compare with current greats but this kid has the best set of hands i have seen at his age

Media driven dribble aside i really dont care if he is drafted 1 or 2 with Trengove so long as their in demon jumpers is all that matters

The next best at quick hands and sharp delivery to a player in position would have to be Diesel Williams out of the centre. Not often mentioned but a tough, very smart footballer.

The next best at quick hands and sharp delivery to a player in position would have to be Diesel Williams out of the centre. Not often mentioned but a tough, very smart footballer.

No doubt

I also think of Andrew Jarman having good hands along with Williams

I agree - Cousins without the issues and slightly better.

I was amazed and pleased to hear he has already had 'severe osteitis pubis' by the age of 15.

With a runner like him this would be my biggest concern, but he's obviously learnt the valuable lesson of not over-training and learnt how to deal with a problem like OP.

Can it be true? The only other thing I think you could ask of him is for a bit more height...

We'll get our medical staff onto it as soon as we draft him.

FWIW, I heard that the club's internal rating system has two outliers - Judd and Scully. But it's meaningless subjective stats anyway...

As for this 'he starred for CGS' stuff, APS footy is well run but the talent is lopsided to say the least. 4 good players a school and the rest are fit goers. If you are one of the 4, you can really dominate APS footy.

And I am aware that that statement has ramifications for our number 4...

As for this 'he starred for CGS' stuff, APS footy is well run but the talent is lopsided to say the least. 4 good players a school and the rest are fit goers. If you are one of the 4, you can really dominate APS footy.

And I am aware that that statement has ramifications for our number 4...

I agree that the depth isn't there from an APS standpoint but he was a phenomenon. Watched him when he was in year 10 tear apart a Xavier side featuring a star studded midfield of future AFL players.

I actually don't think it has too many ramifications with our own number 4. He dominated for Vic Metro. I remember going to watch Country V Metro and basically just following Hurley's every movement as I thought he was on our radar but the blonde key forward for Metro stole his thunder in a massive way. Watts will be fine. Anyone who saw him play that day knows what he is capable of.

Scully plays against my younger brother in law, and the wraps on this kid out here in the city of casey are massive! He is miles above the comp out this way, and deserves the #1 pick.

too right he is. I've gone to school with boys playing footy/cricket and cross country against him, and since year 7 its been the general consensus that he is an absolute freak and will do well.