Is Liam Jurrah a star for the Mfc?

H_T

Is Liam Jurrah a star for the Mfc?  

235 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

Barassi would have adapted many principles to coaching as what Smith adapted when he was coach. Just following your lines of "separating ability and output is hardly a concept that Barassi can claim credit for..."

Edited by High Tower

Jurrah is not a star yet, don't kid yourselves. He is on the way probably but needs 3 good years behind him to have that accolade bestowed.

What he does already, is bring the unknown, the special factor, the instinctive freakish happening to our club.

This in turn creates the " I wanna see him in action" factor. Great for our growth potential.

Don't load him up with that star rubbish at this stage............let him develop and get stronger and fitter so he can be our freak factor for years to come.

Yes he is unique, no he is not yet a star, give it some time!

Don't load him up with that star rubbish at this stage............l

Do you think it will weigh him down ?

There is no expectations.

Could the "I wanna see him in action factor" be along similar lines to a "star attraction" ?

Edited by High Tower

In what way?

The one grab - one handed marks, the confidence and composure he has on field, the leaps, the digits (fingers) that span like a fan whilst flying for marks, characteristics, etc.

Can you compare him to anyone of the past ?

Still awaiting your answer... :(:lol:

I didn't think you were being serious.

You don't think he can be compared to anyone?

Personal characteristics probably not - no one has come from where he has to play AFL before.

I suppose it's a tough question as he seems to play in a pretty unique way - but he is hardly the first player I've seen who can take a one handed mark, pack mark or big speccie.

Certainly he's not the only player to have played with confidence and composure.

And seriously, you want me to compare his fingers to other players?

Perhaps a KP Jeff Farmer?

I suppose it's a tough question as he seems to play in a pretty unique way - but he is hardly the first player I've seen who can take a one handed mark, pack mark or big speccie.

Certainly he's not the only player to have played with confidence and composure.

And seriously, you want me to compare his fingers to other players?

Perhaps a KP Jeff Farmer?

Yeah, I was serious. I agree with his characteristics. Unique in many ways including his height. A KP Jeff Farmer is a good example 45hotgod16, without the anger-arrogance I think that Farmer put on display ? I think Jurrah is more a humble confidence type...

Forget the fingers... :lol:

Certainly seems a more mature, level-headed person than Farmer, but seems to be a player that reminds me of him. When on, can simply do anything he wants.

I was thinking carefully not to racially steretype, I hate that, but the other ones I could think were players like Modra but I was probably too young to make a meaningful comparison.

I think the things he can do when considering how tall he is, is where my excitement for him comes in.

Certainly seems a more mature, level-headed person than Farmer, but seems to be a player that reminds me of him. When on, can simply do anything he wants.

I was thinking carefully not to racially steretype, I hate that, but the other ones I could think were players like Modra but I was probably too young to make a meaningful comparison.

I think the things he can do when considering how tall he is, is where my excitement for him comes in.

Agree on all points. Especially your last sentence. Modra was an excitement machine, superior aerialist and there weren't many better in his prime in the air in my opinion.

Jurrah almost reminds me of the way Watts goes about his footy at Casey, and IMO in time will in AFL - quiet confidence that they know they are good they just need to work and work to make it show in the big time.

but he is hardly the first player I've seen who can take a one handed mark, pack mark or big speccie.

He is the First Player i have seen do all those things in his stride, giving the impression that its nothing special, by that i don't mean arrogant at all.

I would bet he would have played the exact same way up in the Territory as he has for us at the MCG. He is just a natural even at the elite level.

2010 could be just amazing for the Number 24. He is one player i think could rise above the often felt "2nd year Blues"

Barassi would have adapted many principles to coaching as what Smith adapted when he was coach. Just following your lines of "separating ability and output is hardly a concept that Barassi can claim credit for..."

Sure, and we could no doubt go back even further. However, it seems ridiculous that the idea that natural ability isn't enough to be a success is a somehow special or important aspect of one particular coach.

I have no doubt that the refrain that that ability will only get you so far has been used since the beginnings of time.

Anyway, back to Jurrah. Thoughts on the suggestion that Jurrah will play his best forward line football if we have two 'key' targets and he's the 'third tall'?

I think this is the ideal, but - as we've seen with another 24 - sometimes it doesn't pan out this way.

Completely disagree. Jurrah has KPP written all over him in my view, I also think this argument has come up before.

If jurrah is our third key forward in upcoming years may God watch over and keep those whom we play, because it will be ugly.

Completely disagree. Jurrah has KPP written all over him in my view, I also think this argument has come up before.

If jurrah is our third key forward in upcoming years may God watch over and keep those whom we play, because it will be ugly.

The only reason why people don't see Jurrah as a FF is because of deep sociological defect that thinks that black folks can't be FFs.

He's as tall as Fevola and plays a lot taller, he's a better kick than Riewoldt, he's blistering on a lead, and is a very good mark.

But these ingredients mean third tall?

Please...

hed need another 10 kg easily before we consider him for FF...would rather he played 2nd fiddle so to speak...a little bit licence

may it get very...very VERY ugly !!!! :lol::rolleyes:

The only reason why people don't see Jurrah as a FF is because of deep sociological defect that thinks that black folks can't be FFs.

He's as tall as Fevola and plays a lot taller, he's a better kick than Riewoldt, he's blistering on a lead, and is a very good mark.

Please...

That's a BIG call. Could easily be true in some cases.

In my case, I think he's not the type of player to play the stereotypical FF role, therefore I wouldn't refer to him as a FF.

He's more a roaming forward for mine.

Bugger it, I don't care what position you nominate for him, just put him in the damn forward line and kick the ball in his direction.

Doesn't Daniel Motlop spend a bit of time playing at FF for Port?

Please...

And at the moment he's match stick thin,no one doubts his ability its his physicality

hed need another 10 kg easily before we consider him for FF...would rather he played 2nd fiddle so to speak...a little bit licence

Dont be sucked in by the stereotypical image of a FF. As rpfc said earlier he has all the ingredients to be a successful FF. He times his leads well and has pace to get infront of his opponent , his kicking is sound and his hands are clean and capable of the unimaginable. While he is not a gorilla he can bring his own unique style to the position. I have no doubt he can become a threat from FF

Mark Williams is not typical of a FF but was successful prior to buddy and roughie and I would not be suprised if he played FF for the bombers.

Dont be sucked in by the stereotypical image of a FF. As rpfc said earlier he has all the ingredients to be a successful FF. He times his leads well and has pace to get infront of his opponent , his kicking is sound and his hands are clean and capable of the unimaginable. While he is not a gorilla he can bring his own unique style to the position. I have no doubt he can become a threat from FF

Mark Williams is not typical of a FF but was successful prior to buddy and roughie and I would not be suprised if he played FF for the bombers.

He will play his best footy if allowed to continue his unorthodox approach... fence him in to the square and you will be doing everyone a dis-seervice. You can have all the attibutes per se but if you havent the body on body strength he will get monstered by whatever Guerilla is assigned him. Give him space and lattitude