Ball's Presentation

H_T

I'm currently sitting in the Qantas Club in LA.

My flight to New York is boarding in 10 mins.

I am happy to put my card down at ANY bar, hotel lounge or club in NYC and buy Ball and all of his wingmen booze all night if he's willing to be heard on why the MFC should be his club of choice for 2010 and beyond.

Anyone know where he's staying in NYC? Even just the zone.

This is how it should go...

Luke Ball, about 10pm on a friday night, has gone for a walk with another St Kilda team mate, to get a slice of pizza. They are walking through Times Square, when James McDonald, Aaron Davey and Dean Bailey suddenly appear.

"Luke, theres something we would like you to watch" James says

Suddenly, one of the HUGE screens that cover the buildings in Times Square goes blank, and the famous you-tube video that everyone loves gets played

Luke says yes, everyone is happy!

Haha! I love it!

Cmon Dees, do whatever you can to sign him up! (through the PSD that is).

Edited by Jurrah Moments

As I mentioned in another thread I find it interesting and disconcerting for us that Balls manager told us to stay away and give him space yet St Kilda's list manager is in NYC as we speak.

i think he's only going to look at melbourne come 3am in the morning when all good looking chicks have gone home and you start looking at the ugly girls for a quick bit of action :lol:

As I mentioned in another thread I find it interesting and disconcerting for us that Balls manager told us to stay away and give him space yet St Kilda's list manager is in NYC as we speak.

St Kilda's list manager may be in NY but that doesn't mean he's speaking to Ball.

In fact, Ball might be quite annoyed by attempts to contact him against his wishes whilst he is away trying to have a break from all things football.

If Drain pushes too hard to see him it may backfire.

And I think considering how it has played out, regardless of what occurs in NY, Ball will come back prepared to sit down with MFC and give them a chance to show him what the club is all about.

When are we likely to have an idea of his intentions, would he have to be delisted by Saint Kilda by the 31st October or are there still more list lodgement dates after that?

Perhaps as early as later this week. :)

ok,,,according to this link...we are meeting wit ball next week.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/demo...f-1225791493885

so we need to brain storm some suitable presentations to give ball, first we should rename this thread...next we need to come up with some reasons why he should come to melbourne...

lets get our thinking caps on! ha

The article linked by DD is pleasing in really only one aspect and that is the tack that CC has gone with - basically what a few of us have already intimated - it's St Kilda or Melbourne.

Re-sign or come to the place that you know you can get to - the Demons.

Good luck to the boys next week.

Edited by rpfc

ok,,,according to this link...we are meeting wit ball next week.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/demo...f-1225791493885

so we need to brain storm some suitable presentations to give ball, first we should rename this thread...next we need to come up with some reasons why he should come to melbourne...

I hear Carlton has decided to go after Ball. Maybe Icke and co are continuing their 'we wish we were Melbourne FC' project, as they want as many Melbourne players as possible. This time going one better to recruit Dees players before they even make it to the club.

God I hate Carlton....

I just can't see it happening.

There's such a long list of players rejecting us. My money would be on Ball staying at the Saints.

Unfortunately agree...

I really wish it wasnt the case...

The wheel will turn though once we have the young group getting some momentum - we will become a far more attractive proposition to players wanting to move.

The thread has been renamed. Job's done.

Now for some reasons: -

1/ Join an exciting club on the up.

2/ Leadership opportunities

3/ $$$$

4/ New facilities

5/ Be part of a quality midfield consisting of Scully, Trengove, Grimes, Jones, Moloney, Davey and much, much more...

6/ But wait, there's more...! ;)

The article linked by DD is pleasing in really only one aspect and that is the tact that CC has gone with - basically what a few of us have already intimated - it's St Kilda or Melbourne.

Re-sign or come to the place that you know you can get to - the Demons.

Good luck to the boys next week.

Deep down, I had hoped that I had the tact to not point out you should have said 'the tack that CC has gone with'.

Guest hangon007

Brown paper bags sitting at the end of the table during the presentation!

Some clubs would fill it with chocolate cakes ... others would fill it with ;)

Its times like this you need a Dick Pratt type ... but then again you cant keep drinking out the same "waterwell" time after time.

Edited by hangon007