Andrejs Everitt

Redleg

Heard something on the radio today that he was being pursued by Carlscum and that he could be cleared. Apparently upset at not making their finals side.

I must admit I have not seen much of him and can't offer an opinion. Have other Demonlanders seen much of him?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very promising in his first year. This year he has baulked up and trimmed down the hair but hasn't played too many games and besides a good game against Collingwood as a mainly second ruck he's had an average year. I thought he was initially best suited as a mobile athletic third tall, who could defend adequately but also give good run from defence. I still think thats his best go.

Due to his position on the ground I wouldn't want to offer much for his services. But definitely worth taking with a PSD pick if it all gets ugly.

Absolutely would pursue. Not sure where he'd fit though. I'm not sure he's a KP forward... he's quite quick and agile for his size, which is weird, and I have a feeling he'd be suited to a rebounding defender role, even though he's clearly a big boy. I don't know much about him in terms of contested marking, so I'll defer to others. I like how he moves, but trading, unlike early draft picks, is somewhere you could be VERY specific with your wants and needs. I only like trades that take place when one team has a clear deficiency (Dogs in KP forwards) and another has a surplus (WC with ruckmen a few years ago)...

I think we're good for KP defenders. Our big marking forwards is where we struggle for KP cattle. Is Everitt that kind of player? I don't really know, but I don't think so from what I've seen. I feel like that will define which club he goes to. A big rebounding defender probably WOULD fit in nicely at Carlton, so they'd probably be more willing to part with a decent pick for him. With that in mind, I think pick #18 is too high a price to pay. Given the draft being skinny, and the GC issues and all that, maybe Carlton's pick 27 would get him. And I think perhaps the Dogs would take that. Maybe throw in a player.... The other CJ??

:D

Absolutely would pursue. Not sure where he'd fit though. I'm not sure he's a KP forward... he's quite quick and agile for his size, which is weird, and I have a feeling he'd be suited to a rebounding defender role, even though he's clearly a big boy. I don't know much about him in terms of contested marking, so I'll defer to others. I like how he moves, but trading, unlike early draft picks, is somewhere you could be VERY specific with your wants and needs. I only like trades that take place when one team has a clear deficiency (Dogs in KP forwards) and another has a surplus (WC with ruckmen a few years ago)...

I think we're good for KP defenders. Our big marking forwards is where we struggle for KP cattle. Is Everitt that kind of player? I don't really know, but I don't think so from what I've seen. I feel like that will define which club he goes to. A big rebounding defender probably WOULD fit in nicely at Carlton, so they'd probably be more willing to part with a decent pick for him. With that in mind, I think pick #18 is too high a price to pay. Given the draft being skinny, and the GC issues and all that, maybe Carlton's pick 27 would get him. And I think perhaps the Dogs would take that. Maybe throw in a player.... The other CJ??

:D

pick 18 would be a steal IMO, would do it in a heartbeat.

pick 18 would be a steal IMO, would do it in a heartbeat.

Fair enough. Each to their own.

May I ask, why? Is it just that you rate him highly? Where would you play him if he were on our list? Or in other words who would he relieve? Is it because of the skinny draft? I think we'll get an ok player at 18, so I'd prefer to keep it, rather than risk it.

Given that the Dogs were screaming out for a few more talls, my concern is that he's one teams NQR. I suppose it's something if it were to be confirmed that he wants out because they weren't willing to play him when they SHOULD have. If that's the case, then perhaps it's enough that he wasn't given his marching orders due to a bad attitude.

Trades so rarely turn out to be massively helpful to teams. Even the biggest trade just about ever, Judd, I reckon was just a little bit too expensive. With that in mind, if we're going to go round taking other teams trash, I'd prefer the deal wasn't a risk, and was weighted in our favour more.

I know for a fact that he is very frustrated at his lack of game time at the Dogs. He only seemed to get a game when injuries opened up a spot in the team for him. He wouldn`t play badly, but not do enough to keep his spot in the team.

He has just signed a 2 year contract with the Dogs only a month or so ago so I doubt he will be leaving in a hurry! He will become a very good player but if he were on the trade table I don`t see where he would fit in our team ATM as our backline is shaping up beautifully.

Fair enough. Each to their own.

May I ask, why? Is it just that you rate him highly? Where would you play him if he were on our list? Or in other words who would he relieve? Is it because of the skinny draft? I think we'll get an ok player at 18, so I'd prefer to keep it, rather than risk it.

Given that the Dogs were screaming out for a few more talls, my concern is that he's one teams NQR. I suppose it's something if it were to be confirmed that he wants out because they weren't willing to play him when they SHOULD have. If that's the case, then perhaps it's enough that he wasn't given his marching orders due to a bad attitude.

Trades so rarely turn out to be massively helpful to teams. Even the biggest trade just about ever, Judd, I reckon was just a little bit too expensive. With that in mind, if we're going to go round taking other teams trash, I'd prefer the deal wasn't a risk, and was weighted in our favour more.

I'm not really thinking about him in terms of where he might fit or what we lack. he's a first round draft pick from memory, over 190cm, very quick, can run & carry and break lines. if he turns out to be anything like i think he will, he'll fit in somewhere. now knowing he is under contract there is no way the dogs would do the deal for 18.

Heard something on the radio today that he was being pursued by Carlscum and that he could be cleared. Apparently upset at not making their finals side.

I must admit I have not seen much of him and can't offer an opinion. Have other Demonlanders seen much of him?

That news came from an article in Friday's Austalian. Also in the same article was this:

"Meanwhile, Carlton ruckman Robbie Warnock has again entered hospital, this time for minor shoulder surgery after being hurt in the VFL finals."

That news came from an article in Friday's Austalian. Also in the same article was this:

"Meanwhile, Carlton ruckman Robbie Warnock has again entered hospital, this time for minor shoulder surgery after being hurt in the VFL finals."

Tough break that one.

Thanks. I remember when the big money went on Warnock thinking he has played 22 games in 4-5 years and is still skinny and injury prone. He again missed most of this year with injury and once again is injured. I am not disappointed we didn't get him. $400000.00 down the toilet so far for Carlstink.

Thanks. I remember when the big money went on Warnock thinking he has played 22 games in 4-5 years and is still skinny and injury prone. He again missed most of this year with injury and once again is injured. I am not disappointed we didn't get him. $400000.00 down the toilet so far for Carlstink.

*cough*

that's $400K on the books down the toilet...

Everitt could be handy, but for us we already have a glut of KP defenders.

We could get with an eye to playing up forward, but I find it hard to believe that the doggies, with their smallish forward line, have not tried to already turn him into a forward unsuccessfully.

You'd think they'd put a lot of their resources into making him a tall forward if he was in any way capable of doing it.

Was very impressed when I saw him down at Casey in the pre-season. Very surprised that he's struggled to get a game and I agree with the above poster that suggested a similar role to Garland.

Unfortunately his type (2nd/3rd tall defender or forward) is the one position that we have an abundance of good players so unless we got him for a steal I think that we'd probably let it pass.

Everitt signed a contract mid-year, this is his manager stirring up sh!t.

He won't go anywhere.

How exactly does having a contract preclude you from changing clubs ? :mellow:

If all parties are agreable ..done deal.

Kouta MkII in the making. I can see him being a very good player if he can find a new club.

Whoa. HUGE call.

He's got a bit of Colin Garland about him I reckon. He will be a very good player.

I think that one's probably closer to the mark.

Everitt signed a contract mid-year, this is his manager stirring up sh!t.

He won't go anywhere.

That's my feeling too. The Dogs only JUST finished 2009 a couple of days ago, in painful circumstances, this is poor timing by Everitt's management, and Everitt himself. I think you'll find he'll get a lot of phonecalls, Eade will sit down with him and have a chat and they'll sort everything out, same as they did with Lake.

It's all very "Everitt" though isn't it? His brother was a stirrer too.

How exactly does having a contract preclude you from changing clubs ? :mellow:

If all parties are agreable ..done deal.

This is his manager regretting the advice he gave his client mid-year and trying to orchestrate a trade, the Bulldogs would be anything but agreeable.

I mean, they signed him a few months ago...