The Aaron Black Thread

e25

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kicked bags of goals at Colts level and played two WAFL games. Bit of hype over in WA about him.

Peel Thunder Colts stasitics for 09

Game Log

Date/Time Played For Opposition No KicksHB Mks FF FA HO Gls Bhds

Sat 21/Mar Peel Thunder East Fremantle 22 8 2 2 - - 3 2 1

Sat 28/Mar Peel Thunder Perth 22 5 7 2 - - 3 1 -

Sat 4/Apr Peel Thunder Swan Districts 22 7 1 2 1 - 5 2 -

Sun 19/Apr Peel Thunder Subiaco 22 5 4 4 - 2 14 - 2

Sat 9/May Peel Thunder West Perth 22 8 8 3 1 - 10 - 1

Sat 30/May Peel Thunder Swan Districts 22 4 - 3 - - 8 - -

Sat 13/Jun Peel Thunder East Fremantle 22 11 10 6 1 - 2 3 1

Sat 20/Jun Peel Thunder East Perth 22 - - - - - - 6 -

Sat 27/Jun Peel Thunder Subiaco 22 22 7 14 4 1 2 6 4

Sat 11/Jul Peel Thunder Claremont 22 10 7 9 1 1 - 3 2

Sat 18/Jul Peel Thunder West Perth 22 - - - - - - 1 -

Sat 25/Jul Peel Thunder East Perth 22 6 4 3 1 1 2 1 3

Sat 1/Aug Peel Thunder South Fremantle 22 14 7 7 - 1 2 3 2

Peel Thunder Seniors

Game Log

Date/Time Played For Opposition No Kick HBallsMks FF FA HO Gls Bhds

Sat 15/Aug Peel Thunder Claremont 29 4 3 3 - 1 1 - 1

Sat 22/Aug Peel Thunder Perth 29 10 7 7 - - 5 1 -

It seems that just as there is more than one Mitchell Brown in the football world, there is also more than one Aaron Black. The one who was in the WA U18 National Champs team is 178cm tall and too young to be drafted.

Ok, well the Aaron Black that Matt Burgan is talking about is an

"athletic tall who could be the bolter in this year's top 16. He has a basketball background and has been likened to Geelong's Mitchell Brown, who shot up the rankings in last year's draft and was taken in the first round."

Surely he doesn't mean a 178cm player.

And he's definitely available for this year's draft.

Edited by Enforcer25

Ok, well the Aaron Black that Matt Burgan is talking about is an

"athletic tall who could be the bolter in this year's top 16. He has a basketball background and has been likened to Geelong's Mitchell Brown, who shot up the rankings in last year's draft and was taken in the first round."

Surely he doesn't mean a 178cm player.

And he's definitely available for this year's draft.

The official NAB Under 18 Championships record says he is/was 178 cm 78 kg from West Perth/Kingsley JFC. Perhaps he was a point guard who grew fast.

Is there anyone over there in WA who can help us out here?

• 2 weeks later...

Have read that this guy is an exceptional athlete, about the 195cm mark, takes a good grab and has kicked a few goals in the WAFL colts. There are 2 Aaron Black's, this one plays for Peel Thunder the other plays for West Perth.

Has anybody seen this guy play and can give a run down on what they think of him? He definatly sounds like an option for pick 18 if you ask me.

Found some interesting threads and opinions of him. Here they are.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

"Black is an exceptional athlete, has been playing foward and kicking numerous goals for the thunder colts and also played on a wing and played some very good footy in the league on the weekend."

“I have watched alot of peel colts games this year, and they have one smart big foward who I love Aaron Black.

I know WCE have been interested for a while, and was hoping he would stay under the radar.

Unfortunately for me good for you guys, looks like he will be your second rounder if still available this year.

I would of said a 4th rounder a month ago but there is incredible amount of interest in him at the moment.

If he has a real good national draft camp could even go first round.

(I suspect he will)

So if he still available at your second pick smart/lloyd will take him.”

"Aaron Black (super foward for Peel if any of you get a chance to see a peel game this year get to the ground and watch this kid. I was hoping the club could keep him under raps as I know we are interested in him, dont think that will happen now was hoping to rookie him but his form has been to good and has got a invite to the national draft camp now 196cm power foward great mark great kick on goal has real presence is a south west kid thats why he went unnoticed for so long)"

"If Dockers want a KPF, Aaron Black from Peel is the one in the third round. One of the best footballers I've seen in a while. Big, athletic, awesome leap and pair of hands, and a skill set and mind to match. Exactly what you want. Mature bodied and 19, could be ready to go in some capacity by round one next year."

• 3 weeks later...
Found some interesting threads and opinions of him. Here they are.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

"Black is an exceptional athlete, has been playing foward and kicking numerous goals for the thunder colts and also played on a wing and played some very good footy in the league on the weekend."

“I have watched alot of peel colts games this year, and they have one smart big foward who I love Aaron Black.

I know WCE have been interested for a while, and was hoping he would stay under the radar.

Unfortunately for me good for you guys, looks like he will be your second rounder if still available this year.

I would of said a 4th rounder a month ago but there is incredible amount of interest in him at the moment.

If he has a real good national draft camp could even go first round.

(I suspect he will)

So if he still available at your second pick smart/lloyd will take him.”

"Aaron Black (super foward for Peel if any of you get a chance to see a peel game this year get to the ground and watch this kid. I was hoping the club could keep him under raps as I know we are interested in him, dont think that will happen now was hoping to rookie him but his form has been to good and has got a invite to the national draft camp now 196cm power foward great mark great kick on goal has real presence is a south west kid thats why he went unnoticed for so long)"

"If Dockers want a KPF, Aaron Black from Peel is the one in the third round. One of the best footballers I've seen in a while. Big, athletic, awesome leap and pair of hands, and a skill set and mind to match. Exactly what you want. Mature bodied and 19, could be ready to go in some capacity by round one next year."

any news on this kid. gotta throw him in the mix of talls along with butcher, talia, carlisle, temel and the ruckman vardy.

Standing vertical jump (cm)

1. James Craig 76

2. Sam Shaw 75

=3. Tom Hill 70

=3. Aaron Black

=3. Andrew Hooper

6. Lewis Jetta 69

=7. Ayden Kennedy

=7. Kane Lucas 67

=8. John Butcher 66

=8. Sam Reid

Kicking test (six kicks scored 1-5 points)

1. Gary Rohan 23 points 77% efficency

=2. Dustin Martin 22/73%

=2. Jordon Gysberts

=2. Ryan Harwood

=2. Simon Potts

=2. Aaron Black

=2. Matthew Panos

=2. Nicky Winmar 22 73%

You think he will still be on the board around the pick 18 mark??

Could be an option, 195cm is nothing to scoff at if the skills and work ethic are there.

Worth a look.

rumour has it he plays a lot like kurt tippet. would love him at pick 18 but i believe the dogs and saints as well as the two WA teams are real keen. i have a terrible feeling that he may be snapped up just before our second rounder

rumour has it he plays a lot like kurt tippet. would love him at pick 18 but i believe the dogs and saints as well as the two WA teams are real keen. i have a terrible feeling that he may be snapped up just before our second rounder

Think you might be right, would love to get Black at 18. I think he would be rated a lot higher if he was playing in Victoria.

black.jpg

Edited by Mr Morton

Think you might be right, would love to get Black at 18. I think he would be rated a lot higher if he was playing in Victoria.

maybe jamar and 18 for ports pick 8.

then trade buckley and or bell for a second rounder to get back into the second round, perhaps again to port for 24

i'd be real happy with that

4 picks in the top 11

1 scully

2 trengove

8 jetta

11 black

24 temel

34 grimes

50 pass

preseason draft lure a quality ruckman.

i am also hoping meesen really takes some big steps forward next season

gone from the list would be

robertson

wheatley

whelan

mclean

bell

buckley

jamar

i should be a recruiter

get it done and get them into pre season training

Edited by hillie

Black, who lays carpet for a living in Bunbury, is a powerful, 193cm goalkicker.

After kicking bags of six and seven majors in the wet in the WAFL Colts in June, he has soared into first-round calculations.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/pair...f-1225782496517

As fork said, he is 193cm. This kid is worth looking at along with Carlisle, Talia, Butcher and Stevens at pick 11 IMO.

I wouldn't be considering Carlisle or Black at pick 11, tbh. Nor do we need Stevens (why trade McLean for pick 11, then pick up Stevens with it????). Talia, Butcher or anyone that drops from the top 10 should be picked with #11 (preferably a KPP), then with 18, draft Black, if available.

I wouldn't be considering Carlisle or Black at pick 11, tbh. Nor do we need Stevens (why trade McLean for pick 11, then pick up Stevens with it????). Talia, Butcher or anyone that drops from the top 10 should be picked with #11 (preferably a KPP), then with 18, draft Black, if available.

agree

be good to have both butcher and black to develop. along with watts. watts may not turn out to be a center half foward. he could play as a foward flank. he's quick, athletic and agile. who's to say he can't play as a small. and who's to say jurah will play foward pocket. he could rotate with watts or even in the middle.

HF: watts/bate/green black maric/davey

FF: jurrah butcher wonna

so many options. i thnk they can play in the same team. especialy with watts and jurrah as athletic as they are. could be very, very dangerous andi don't see to many back lines being able to counter all that height and athleticism when it hits the ground.

Black, who lays carpet for a living in Bunbury, is a powerful, 193cm goalkicker.

After kicking bags of six and seven majors in the wet in the WAFL Colts in June, he has soared into first-round calculations.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/pair...f-1225782496517

lays carpet - He'll have to stop doin' that quick smart, or he'll end up with a PCL type knee.

I bet you haven't seen Black play, therefore your opinion on him not being worth pick 11 holds no weight.