• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Realistic Trade Week Objectives

Guest hangon007

Guest hangon007

I've read heaps of unrealistic trades and swaps around the board over the last few days ... some of the suggestions do nothing more than make the poster look clueless.

However, what should be our realistic objectives for trade week 2009. Now I'm not completely in favour of doing nothing but nothing might well be a realistic outcome. Hence, all we do is delist (because sadly many of our players have little trade value)

My objectives would be to

a/ facilitate room on our list to use minimum 4 drafts pick - plus ability to use pick 1 in pre-season draft

b/ improve either pick 18 or 34

c/ upgrade Spencer onto our list

Edited by hangon007

Don't pick up duds from other clubs, target someone but players that are offered up by clubs are offered up for a couple of reasons, they want to move home, salary cap issues or they are no good. Objective stay away from the ones that are no good, target high quality young Victorian players on interstate clubs lists. If we don't trade no lose

Rule 1. Do not trade for players. Picks only!

Any Clubs offering top 10 picks should be seriously considered. Eg. Hawthorn Pick 9 and 25 and Port Pick 8 and 24.

Anybody requesting a trade should be traded. No ifs or buts! eg. Jamar, McNamara

- Need to trade for a top 20-25 pick. eg. Miller and Valenti for Sydneys Pick 22.

- Miller, Valenti, Buckley, Bell should be shopped as trade to prolong there career and free up our list. (Jamar, Rivers, Maric should be considered for trade if the right picks come along.)

Meesen delist.

Must elevate Spencer. Mckenzie to stay as rookie. 1st elevated if long term injury.

Trade week objective - a selection in the top dozen or so, advancing from 18.

Pick 18 might get us a great slider.

Pick 12 will get us something we absolutely definately want. It gives us a shot at one of the few truly promising talls, or Cyril Rio... I mean Lewis Jetta, or Gary Rohan who the clubs rates very very highly. We kind of start looking at a whole new level of 'sliders'.

If pick 35 can be advanced to something in the 20s, that's a definate goer too.

Our picks after 35 are confetti for decorating trades, or for facillitating 'career trades' for some of the fringe players.

PSD 1 has to be held on to. It's just so useful to have the option of uncontracted players, and the time to hunt down the super-smoky.

Note that the new rule allowing rookies to be traded (to another club's senior list) might as well be named the 'Shane Valenti Rule'.

Miller is trade bait, as he simply is not progressing at Melbourne and talls are needed by a few clubs out there.

The magic 1-2, I'm with the majority at this point.

Tom Scully - ought to help our midfield along to a new level.

Jack Trengove - more power to the midfield, but also adds to the goal scoring options. We are going to have a devasting, versatile and long kicking HF line capable of contributing strongly to midfield roations and delivering penetrating inside 50s to our highly agile tall forwards and smart crumbers.

Guest hangon007
Trade week objective - a selection in the top dozen or so, advancing from 18.

Pick 18 might get us a great slider.

Pick 12 will get us something we absolutely definately want. It gives us a shot at one of the few truly promising talls, or Cyril Rio... I mean Lewis Jetta, or Gary Rohan who the clubs rates very very highly. We kind of start looking at a whole new level of 'sliders'.

If pick 35 can be advanced to something in the 20s, that's a definate goer too.

Our picks after 35 are confetti for decorating trades, or for facillitating 'career trades' for some of the fringe players.

PSD 1 has to be held on to. It's just so useful to have the option of uncontracted players, and the time to hunt down the super-smoky.

Note that the new rule allowing rookies to be traded (to another club's senior list) might as well be named the 'Shane Valenti Rule'.

Miller is trade bait, as he simply is not progressing at Melbourne and talls are needed by a few clubs out there.

The magic 1-2, I'm with the majority at this point.

Tom Scully - ought to help our midfield along to a new level.

Jack Trengove - more power to the midfield, but also adds to the goal scoring options. We are going to have a devasting, versatile and long kicking HF line capable of contributing strongly to midfield roations and delivering penetrating inside 50s to our highly agile tall forwards and smart crumbers.

IMHO ... very well put I'm with you 100%.

My hope ... if nothing else in trade week we get the chance to upgrade pick 18 to something that we really need.

*We trade Bell & Newton and at least 1 other player to make room on our list for picks 1, 2, 18, 34, PSD 1 & to elevate Spencer.

*Upgrade pick 18 or 34 if possible, if not don't worry about it.

*Only trade a player like Jamar or Rivers if they're requesting out, otherwise the 3rd player we should be looking to trade should be someone like Miller, Buckley, Johnson, Dunn or McNamara.

*Don't trade for players from other clubs, only picks.

What would everyone think if we gave up Pick 18 and 34 for Boak? Means we would get another class midfielder to compliment Mr. Tom Scully and could take John Butcher with Pick 2. I think that would satisfy many Demon supporters. We could then look to trade others to try and get a mid 20's pick aswell. Valenti and Miller should be shopped around, Maybe Sydney for their 2nd or 3rd round pick. Am i just talking rubbish or is it a realistic option?

Edited by NoOthaDemon

Firstly I would be wrapped.

Secondly unfortunately I think it's rubbish. Demonland seem to be under selling Boak I don't know why, maybe because he plays for an interstate club.

I live in Adelaide and they do rate him fairly high over here. The only reason i say this is because he WANTS to leave. So i think we can undervalue a little bit, Port would rather take 2 good picks, rather than letting him go for nothing. Port have also stated that they are going to play Trade week very hard this year.

Im Still being a little optimistic :P

Use the PSD's first pick to screw with other clubs.

For example, go to Lake and offer him a very good sum if he comes in the PSD.

That gives us the ability to use one of our tall defenders, Warnock or Rivers to improve one of our trades.

If it works great, if not, it will hurt the dogs (or others).

Rule 1. Do not trade for players. Picks only!

Any Clubs offering top 10 picks should be seriously considered. Eg. Hawthorn Pick 9 and 25 and Port Pick 8 and 24.

Anybody requesting a trade should be traded. No ifs or buts! eg. Jamar, McNamara

- Need to trade for a top 20-25 pick. eg. Miller and Valenti for Sydneys Pick 22.

- Miller, Valenti, Buckley, Bell should be shopped as trade to prolong there career and free up our list. (Jamar, Rivers, Maric should be considered for trade if the right picks come along.)

Meesen delist.

Must elevate Spencer. Mckenzie to stay as rookie. 1st elevated if long term injury.

DELIST MEESON?????

NO

He finally shows us he can make the grade, gets hurt and u wanna delist?

He is our No.1 Ruckman in DB's eyes, so it wont happen. PJ will be delisted and Jamar up as Bait also.

As for not trdaing 4 players, I promise you we will trade for 1-2 players, aged between 20-23. We are VERY cautious of going too young, the club does not want to bottom out again, now its time to rise!

we have the kids, its now time to move up the ladder and settle on the squad. BP has said this in interviews, we will use 3-4 picks then the PSD. We WILL be looking to improve our best 22 during trade week, there is a list of targets. This is our chance to capitalize on the value of later picks.

We dont want to get any younger, the talent is here, add in 3-4 more and 1-2 more mature kids (20-22 ie: Boak) thats the plan!

DELIST MEESON?????

NO

He finally shows us he can make the grade, gets hurt and u wanna delist?

He is our No.1 Ruckman in DB's eyes, so it wont happen. PJ will be delisted and Jamar up as Bait also.

As for not trdaing 4 players, I promise you we will trade for 1-2 players, aged between 20-23. We are VERY cautious of going too young, the club does not want to bottom out again, now its time to rise!

we have the kids, its now time to move up the ladder and settle on the squad. BP has said this in interviews, we will use 3-4 picks then the PSD. We WILL be looking to improve our best 22 during trade week, there is a list of targets. This is our chance to capitalize on the value of later picks.

It's Meesen. He has another year on his contract. He wont be paid out. He has a serious injury. He has not made it yet. However if his injury is serious and career threatening then the Club should consider paying his contract. Seven years of injury plagued football sends a message to even the dimmest sod.

He is defintely not No1 ruckman in DB's eyes.

PJ is not good enough but also has another year to go. Why would we add Jamar as willing trade bait? So in your eyes we have Meesen who has a lingering foot injury and a raw Spencer left. Do you think we are short a big man or two?

I would not put any weight on your floss statements of what we will or wont do. Beyond motherhood statements you have no info of substance.

It's Meesen. He has another year on his contract. He wont be paid out. He has a serious injury. He has not made it yet. However if his injury is serious and career threatening then the Club should consider paying his contract. Seven years of injury plagued football sends a message to even the dimmest sod.

He is defintely not No1 ruckman in DB's eyes.

PJ is not good enough but also has another year to go. Why would we add Jamar as willing trade bait? So in your eyes we have Meesen who has a lingering foot injury and a raw Spencer left. Do you think we are short a big man or two?

I would not put any weight on your floss statements of what we will or wont do. Beyond motherhood statements you have no info of substance.

Well obviously we are not flying in the ruck, but PJ is just not good enough, Jamar has been ok but has trade value, Spencer is raw but looks ok, Meeson played well and is progressing ok with his injury. No point holding onto players just because. There are a few ruckman in the draft, which would mean 4 depending on whether Jamar gets interest. PJ may hang on due to having a final year.

Well obviously we are not flying in the ruck, but PJ is just not good enough, Jamar has been ok but has trade value, Spencer is raw but looks ok, Meeson played well and is progressing ok with his injury. No point holding onto players just because. There are a few ruckman in the draft, which would mean 4 depending on whether Jamar gets interest. PJ may hang on due to having a final year.

We have got so few ruckman on the list. Meesen is a ?. PJ is a gone at the end of next year and Spencer is raw. This year showed that having only 4 rucks on the list can leave you short particularly when two are injury prone. Why would you trade your No 1 ruckman (Jamar) when you are short ruckman? Bizarre

We are getting far too excited about Spencer. True he has shown improvement however ruckmen in the game now need to have skills. with a kicking action like his he will never improve it and will never be a chance to pinch hit up forward if need be. IMHO I think that he is being used purely because we have no-one else.

We are getting far too excited about Spencer. True he has shown improvement however ruckmen in the game now need to have skills. with a kicking action like his he will never improve it and will never be a chance to pinch hit up forward if need be. IMHO I think that he is being used purely because we have no-one else.

Two round 4 players don't attract a round 2 pick when packaged.

A round 2 pick and a round 3 pick wont attract a round 1 player when packaged.

We can't trade PSD 1 anyway.

Hangon asked for realism but didn't get much.

i personally would like to see us have a crack at Tom Hawkins maybe for our 2nd round pick.

he is a man mountain and has the potential to tear a game apart one day..

any thoughts???

your kidding....aren't you??

One of the most over rated players to pull on an AFL jumper

Can't kick, can't read the play, can't impose his huge frame on a contest

Happy to wait for Watts, Jurrah, Bate and co to create a potent forward line in a couple of years time