Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Melbourne v Sydney Swans

dee-luded

Disappointing for Daniel Hughes to have Rohan Bail make the squad for a possible debut ahead of him. From what i've seen, Bail's been highly underwhelming in the VFL so far... surely form would have to have some say in whether a players gets included in the squad or not? Hughes deserves his chance way more than Bail, IMHO.

I think we're finally seeing first signs of real, ruthless "team management" aka tanking.

Final changes for mine would be:

OUTS: McLean (Knee), Jamar (Quad), Green (Scaphoid), Grimes (Back), Robertson

INS: Valenti, Johnson, Miller, Cheney, Newton

With McKenzie, Bail and Whelan missing out on the final spots.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing for Daniel Hughes to have Rohan Bail make the squad for a possible debut ahead of him. From what i've seen, Bail's been highly underwhelming in the VFL so far... surely form would have to have some say in whether a players gets included in the squad or not? Hughes deserves his chance way more than Bail, IMHO.

I think we're finally seeing first signs of real, ruthless "team management" aka tanking.

Final changes for mine would be:

OUTS: McLean (Knee), Jamar (Quad), Green (Scaphoid), Grimes (Back), Robertson

INS: Valenti, Johnson, Miller, Cheney, Newton

With McKenzie, Bail and Whelan missing out on the final spots.

I doubt they would elevate McKenzie if they didn't intend playing him.

INS: Mckenzie, Cheney, Newton, Johnson, Whelan

Biggest tank team ever.

Not quite. Leaving Jurrah out with a cold would have been the biggest tank team, ever. ;)

Edited by AdamFarr

Green out with a scaphoid injury....

The scaphoid is a bone in the hand that is very slow to heal, this could be season ending. ;)

Surgery 'now' will have Greeny fit and firing for season 2010 !!

MUST take good care of a scaphoid. It's potentially a very nasty injury. Didn't it end Sean Charles career? And didn't it hasten Gerard Healey's retirement. Good luck, Brad.

I am totally with you man,don't know whether i will even attend the last few games, as Barracking for a loss is just not right. But I want those 2 Draft Picks at melbourne as my Christmas Present.

I will get over the next 6 confusing weeks if we can start Winning Regulairly next year.

Im the same.. Im done for the year. I hate going to the games wanting us to lose. It's a strange feeling, I hate it! I cant wait for this to be all over.

I've received a message from someone very close to the club that assures me that the injuries are genuine and that none of the players ruled out would have been playing this week under any circumstances.

And yes, perhaps I believe in tooth fairies, but I believe that the person believes what they're saying. Whichever way we look at it, I'd say everyone's happy - except perhaps those with a genuine injury.

I'm posting this purely out of a sense of decency :P and because it could be argued that the changes are almost too obvious to be true :)

I wasn't happy receiving this message as it leaves me still slightly uncertain as to whether the club is being run by flogs with no clue. But I suspect (hope) we're all on the same page.

I just hope that all win/loss/priority pick agenda's aside we can get Wheels 4 games in the seniors so he can crack the 150. Hopefully he's one of the ins this week.

That would help our cause a lot.

Biggest tank team ever.

Yeah agree.. "biggest tank team ever"... :angry: HOPE IT BACK FIRES and WE WIN !!!!.

NO TANKING !!!!!! Very disappointed in team selectors. ... we are as bad as Carltank and others. I feel/hope for a big win this weekend !!!!! :wub:

Yeah agree.. "biggest tank team ever"... :angry: HOPE IT BACK FIRES and WE WIN !!!!.

NO TANKING !!!!!! Very disappointed in team selectors. ... we are as bad as Carltank and others. I feel/hope for a big win this weekend !!!!! :wub:

am so disappointed in the team selectors, that I have emailed the club and said as much. I HOPE WE WIN :angry:

am so disappointed in the team selectors, that I have emailed the club and said as much. I HOPE WE WIN :angry:

I Hope we make the Finals next year with a speedy midfield myself. This season is over, apart from finding out which kids can play, and of the older ones who still has the Fire to raise the bar next year.

The Club is doing just Fine... :rolleyes:

Edited by why you little

Your email will be read after the 31,001 are read congratulating the club on excellent team management. You can hope we win but we won't and for that I'm stoked.

" where's the Scaphoid?"

It's the small bone joining the wrist to the thumb. If broken, and diagnosed early,it gets better with plaster or a pin in about 6 weeks. The fracture is easily missed on X/ray, and then there is a danger of non-union , and chronic disability if it is not immobilised early.

This was the problem with Sean Charles, who had a non-united scaphoid fracture and a bone graft in a late attempt to salvage it. Apparently he had a swim with his plaster on, and got a poor result. What a tragic loss.

Looks like Brad will be well treated early, but what a disaster for a guy who really deserves the Bluey.

From another perspective, who better to miss if we want Scully?

Lets win. It`s rivialy round and we want to lose, pathetic.

No we want to win but a premeirship not a meaningless game in Canberra between 2 teams playing out the season

I wasn't happy receiving this message as it leaves me still slightly uncertain as to whether the club is being run by flogs with no clue. But I suspect (hope) we're all on the same page.

All jokes a side about this issue but I believe that the next 6 weeks will tell us exactly about the people in charge of the club.

The club can either put out the best possible team to win on the day, or a team that will be the best for our future.

It's the small bone joining the wrist to the thumb. If broken, and diagnosed early,it gets better with plaster or a pin in about 6 weeks. The fracture is easily missed on X/ray, and then there is a danger of non-union , and chronic disability if it is not immobilised early.

This was the problem with Sean Charles, who had a non-united scaphoid fracture and a bone graft in a late attempt to salvage it. Apparently he had a swim with his plaster on, and got a poor result. What a tragic loss.

Looks like Brad will be well treated early, but what a disaster for a guy who really deserves the Bluey.

From another perspective, who better to miss if we want Scully?

That's the one. I've had to have two bone grafts on my scaphoid after an undiagnosed break a long time ago (footy related). I wouldn't wish it on anyone.