• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes for next week

In Newton Bate Valenti Dunn

Out Mclean Pettard Morton Miller

Could easily add another 6 but for now this will do and feel watts needs to be put away till next year had his taste for now

Agree with your ins except Newton....he consistently fails to convert his many opportunities and fails to show good defensive pressure. No doubt he has some talent, but he is a forward and must kick more goals to be considered a viable option.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical quoting stats look at the game and the turnovers more so come to a game in Melbourne and watch him live tv quoting doesnt rate with me, i go every week and have so for more years than i dare say you have been barracking for this club

he is left alone all the time by opposing clubs guess why einstein he turns over or his desission making is poor hence why i rate him like his brothers with the houlihans not much at all rose coloured glasses mate

Hmmm Senile?

Do you know what a FULL STOP is?

As you pointed out you have been around for a long time. There is a point in your life when you start to decline in everyway, looks like your grammer and perception are down the drain.

Back to football, he is a young player and you cannot expect him to be perfect. The good aspects outway the bad.

Stats are facts, your view is perception.

Cale Morton DE% 75.31

Ave Clangers PG; 2

Simon Black :

DE% 66.00

Ave Clangers PG: 4

Hmmm Senile?

Do you know what a FULL STOP is?

As you pointed out you have been around for a long time. There is a point in your life when you start to decline in everyway, looks likes your grammer and perception are down the drain.

Back to football, he is a young player and you cannot expect him to be perfect. The good aspects outway the bad.

Stats are facts, your view is perception.

Cale Morton DE% 75.31

Ave Clangers PG; 2

Simon Black :

DE% 66.00

Ave Clangers PG: 4

Well well correcting me on my spelling and you cannot even spell grammar, everway which is 2 words every way and outway i don't know that word or is it out weigh. Seems you will be a very busy boy correcting everyones grammer on this site professor, well done einstein once again quoting stats and thats all they are stats along with watching and giving all of us your football wisdom all from a tv.

Seems with your user name suggests a biased towards the said player

As the saying goes opinions are like Arse holes get it

Well well correcting me on my spelling and you cannot even spell grammar, everway which is 2 words every way and outway i don't know that word or is it out weigh. Seems you will be a very busy boy correcting everyones grammer on this site professor, well done einstein once again quoting stats and thats all they are stats along with watching and giving all of us your football wisdom all from a tv.

Seems with your user name suggests a biased towards the said player

As the saying goes opinions are like Arse holes get it

'Outway'

In context, referred to in two ways.

- P. Fletcher.

Webster's Unabridged Dictionary, published 1913 by C. & G. Merriam Co.

I have seen 3 games thank you very much :D

Ohhhh your right....ANALYZING a game on TV is rubbish. :lol: :lol:

Wonder why every team in the AFL does it, let alone every media source and Footy show.

'Outway'

In context, referred to in two ways.

- P. Fletcher.

Webster's Unabridged Dictionary, published 1913 by C. & G. Merriam Co.

I have seen 3 games thank you very much :D

Ohhhh your right....ANALYZING a game on TV is rubbish. :lol: :lol:

Wonder why every team in the AFL does it, let alone every media source and Footy show.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)

Outway \Out"way`\, n.

A way out; exit. [R.]

In divers streets and outways multiplied. --P.

Fletcher.

so are you looking for a way out, you said the good outways the bad so i really cannot understand is the argument you are looking for a way out as i read it quoting you and go back and read what you wrote, so are you looking for a way out or do you mean outweigh

good luck in your trivial pursuit

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)

Outway \Out"way`\, n.

A way out; exit. [R.]

In divers streets and outways multiplied. --P.

Fletcher.

good luck in your trivial pursuit

Looks like you have missed the point.

Include FOOTBALL in your post.

Avoiding the damning statement that my FACTS make? :D

Morton is currently good playe and Will be a SUPERSTAR.

McLean needs to be given time to get right. Having him out there when he is in his current state is helping nobody.

And if Cale Morton turns in to half the player that Simon Black is and has been, I will be very, very happy. Black is one of the best midfielders of the last decade without question, and it is also without question that he is significantly under-rated because he plays in Queensland. Every bit as good as Buckley.

Guest Digga

Morton kicking could be better but it will come with time.

Morton is more of a kid than a man, So he is doing VERY VERY well considering.

Will be one of the compatitions best.

INS - Dunn, Bate, Cheney, Newton, Marric

OUT - Whelan, Robbo, Miller, Petterd, McLean

Cheney straight swap for Whelan (see you in round 22 for your farewell)

Newton for Robbo (see you in round 22 for your farewell)

Bate for Miller (must be played as the lead up forward, 1 trick pony)

Dunn for Petterd (see you at GC17)

Marric for McLean (needs a rest desperately)

Morton is currently good playe and Will be a SUPERSTAR.

Mr Morton,

We understand you have a man crush on Cale Morton but don't let this blinding love for him make you another one of these "one eyed" dees fans who will honestly make the most outlandish remarks about his or her favorite player/s. It's quite sad really.

It's people like you who really do put pressure on players (like Cale) to perform....

Superstar?!?! Explain to me right now what makes you think he will be a "SUPERSTAR" ? Clearly you have seen something in him that I haven't and I would like to know what?

- Second season of AFL

- Finds it difficult to hit targets under no pressure. (regardless of this kicking efficiency bullocks). Even if the ball gets to its intended target it will be either because the player has yards of space and he can run onto it, or he will make Morton's kick look good by taking a grab under pressure.

- Rarely tackles.

- Can rarely withstand a tackle. (Will generally blaze a handball away blindly).

- Rarely takes contested marks.

Now. While you showed some stats of his from matches this season, I still find it hard to see why you talk so highly of him. Wow he accumulates a lot of possessions for a 19 year old proving he has a big engine. I will agree with you that it is great to have that running ability at 19 years of age but it will only be truly effective when he starts hitting targets, tackling, marking etc. I don't for one second doubt that he won't improve (to some extent) all of these other facets of his game. But what is it that makes you think he will be a superstar or even a very good player? He is 19 as you say. Let the kid play.

How can you have a go at someone for asking for him to be dropped? He has been below average the last couple of weeks, especially his decision making. Why shouldn't he be dropped? Maybe it will instill some determination for improvement in the kid? Maybe it would be good for him to go back to Casey and really concentrate on his decision making? Maybe it's hampering his improvement by consistently playing him in the ones every week, knowing that he will be played the following week regardless of much he butches the ball? I'm sure if Morton was played under Neil Craig, he would be a far more advanced player by being made to "earn" his spot.

I'm sick and tired of ridiculous comments made by biased Melbourne supporters.

I'm all up for being positive and excited about our youngsters, but to say they are going to be superstars based on the ability to "run" is absurd.

Let's see where they all are in a couple of years.

P.S. Mr Morton,

If you are going to be anal and dob in others for the use of bad grammar, punctuation and spelling.... You should really try reading over your posts just to make sure you are 100 %. B)

Let the kids play.

Mr Morton,

We understand you have a man crush on Cale Morton but don't let this blinding love for him make you another one of these "one eyed" dees fans who will honestly make the most outlandish remarks about his or her favorite player/s. It's quite sad really.

It's people like you who really do put pressure on players (like Cale) to perform....

Superstar?!?! Explain to me right now what makes you think he will be a "SUPERSTAR" ? Clearly you have seen something in him that I haven't and I would like to know what?

- Second season of AFL

- Finds it difficult to hit targets under no pressure. (regardless of this kicking efficiency bullocks). Even if the ball gets to its intended target it will be either because the player has yards of space and he can run onto it, or he will make Morton's kick look good by taking a grab under pressure.

- Rarely tackles.

- Can rarely withstand a tackle. (Will generally blaze a handball away blindly).

- Rarely takes contested marks.

Now. While you showed some stats of his from matches this season, I still find it hard to see why you talk so highly of him. Wow he accumulates a lot of possessions for a 19 year old proving he has a big engine. I will agree with you that it is great to have that running ability at 19 years of age but it will only be truly effective when he starts hitting targets, tackling, marking etc. I don't for one second doubt that he won't improve (to some extent) all of these other facets of his game. But what is it that makes you think he will be a superstar or even a very good player? He is 19 as you say. Let the kid play.

How can you have a go at someone for asking for him to be dropped? He has been below average the last couple of weeks, especially his decision making. Why shouldn't he be dropped? Maybe it will instill some determination for improvement in the kid? Maybe it would be good for him to go back to Casey and really concentrate on his decision making? Maybe it's hampering his improvement by consistently playing him in the ones every week, knowing that he will be played the following week regardless of much he butches the ball? I'm sure if Morton was played under Neil Craig, he would be a far more advanced player by being made to "earn" his spot.

I'm sick and tired of ridiculous comments made by biased Melbourne supporters.

I'm all up for being positive and excited about our youngsters, but to say they are going to be superstars based on the ability to "run" is absurd.

Let's see where they all are in a couple of years.

P.S. Mr Morton,

If you are going to be anal and dob in others for the use of bad grammar, punctuation and spelling.... You should really try reading over your posts just to make sure you are 100 %. B)

Let the kids play.

If you don't like the comments then don't read them? Sometimes you need to take a look at yourself and realise you are the same :lol:

Your on this forum and give me such a comprehensive reaction and your calling me sad?

Supporting a club is about enjoying your team AND OR players in the team. If you cant do that then what's the point? Get over the fact the my opinion is not the same as yours.

And if you think me writing on this forum puts pressure on players like Cale Morton well you live in a dream world.

There is a reason Cale was taken at pick 4 and im pretty sure all those experts no a bit more than your pointless view on this forum, along with mine and everyone else's. There is also a reason Scott Clayton from GC17 thinks Cale will eventually be one of the best players in the AFL in years to come.

Why do you think he has not been dropped? MFC are not stupid they know what they are doing.

I enjoy getting behind Cale, but I am not biased, read my posts and see that if people are not playing well I will tell it how it is. You just expect to much of young players and have obviously forgotten what its like to be his age, and how much difference each year will make in his development and maturity as a player.

Supporting a club is about enjoying your team AND OR players in the team. If you cant do that then what's the point?

That's your emphasis.

I can support the team and argue that Morton has been quiet for a month.

He will be a good player, but I believe he would be better off with a rest or a run for Casey.

Vulnerable players: Whelan, Robertson, Petterd, Jetta, McLean, Morton, Miller, and PJ (if Jamar is right, Martin can help him).

They are vulnerable to differing repects, and Bate, Valenti, Dunn, McDonald, Jamar, Maric, Batram, and Newton will be in the frame in the last two months for some games.

Watts should play against WCE, it's the easy game after three tough ones.

In a poor showing by MFC last night, I saw glimpses of Watts and Jurrah that give hope for the future up forward that Newton has not done and does not do now.

No one at Casey put there hand up for selection to the AFL. Some have put forward Cheney but I thought Mitchell Stack for Willy outclassed him.

I cant see many changes unless there are injuries/illnesses or the selectors have been to Crown.

No one at Casey put there hand up for selection to the AFL.

Nobody really stood up, I agree.

It's a shame that Maric injured his shoulder early, because his class and decision making is clearly a standout at that level.

I also hope that Strauss will be given a go at some stage this season, even if only to give him a taste. However I am not convinced that the way the game is played at VFL, particularly when it is play-on when kicking backwards in your defensive 50, that Strauss will ever have truly ample opportunities to have a big game with lots of possessions that will push his case for senior selection. On that basis, Bailey and Co. will need to give him a go based on the limited, but good glimpses that he has shown thus far. Loved his goal yesterday. His speed in that passage of play really surprised me!

Just with people saying no-one stood up i thought the forwards in newton and hughes played well. It was a scrappy congested game and at times skills and decision making of midfielders let the forwards down. A few times good leads were not rewarded and also kicks were often not to advantage.

Newton and hughes should be a chance.

Watts doesn't really warrant a game. UNfair to play a guy just because he will be a very good player.

I've seen enough of Newton to know he won't cut it as a forward. He has zero confidence kicking at goal even in the VFL. Still he's on the list for another year so we may as well try and do something with him, for that reason I'd try and turn him into a defender at Casey.

As for promoting players... I'm more thinking about protecting players. That's why I'd send Morton and Bennell back for this week. I don't care who comes in really - it's academic from my point of view.

heres a change = tell the boys if there not hard at the ball or the man there going straight to the seconds. i'm sick and tired watching players prance around and not putting there guts into it. also db must tell morton to stop calling for the ball when his in no position to be calling fot it, he also needs to show some toughness..

Not sure how any of the MFC footballers at Casey yesterday could push a claim for inclusion.

All were bad. Valenti tried. Cheney was probably the best but his disposal was absolutely shocking.

Newton should never be considered a MFC forward prospect. He kicked 3 easy goals but his kicking was generally shocking. He doesn't work hard enough to get the ball. Defensive skills don't exist.

Did you even watch the game? Cheney was probably our worst player. His disposal was shocking, his defensive efforts were a disgrace... Needs to put in a better peformance than that for a call up...

As for Newton, his kicking was bad, but at least he's having shots on goal. His defensive efforts were not a disgrace, at least his tackles stuck unlike your love boy Cheney... I think it was more than a coincidence that Juice happened to play in our only win for the season.

No one at Casey put there hand up for selection to the AFL. Some have put forward Cheney but I thought Mitchell Stack for Willy outclassed him.

I agree, I was quite impressed by Stack.

Now for my changes...

Out: Miller, Petterd, Robertson, Jetta

In: Newton, Dunn, Bate, Maric

About Morton:

1. He plays frightened

2. He has a big motor

3. Has poor disposal - kicking and hand-ball

4. Racks up possessions

His future? He will be an important player ONLY if he racks up possions and hurts the opposition. Any player who currently hurts the opposition gets a (heavy) tag. Morton will never handle a tag.

......There is also a reason Scott Clayton from GC17 thinks Cale will eventually be one of the best players in the AFL in years to come.

If the GC would give up an (early) pick for Morton, I'd take it in a heart-beat.

Rumour has it that many clubs in the 07 draft didn't consider Morton because "he didn't have a love for a contest".

End of story.