Lucky Brad Miller has a hot wife

praha

Did you happen to see some of the supply he was getting.

I saw a perfect pass from Grimes that gave plenty of clear air for Miller. Dropped it, fumbled at the pickup, rebound goal. Saw a couple of similars.

Said to myself on the walk to the station things akin to Jadeds 110% to try and talk myself out of being angry with him. Didn't work.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have to face facts here. The guy is a great club man, tries hard, but is in reality a list clogger. He's the sort of player who is almost good enough and does enough other stuff for the club that it's hard to get rid of him, but when you get right down to it he's just not going to win us a flag. There are plenty of others in exactly the same boat on our list, and they all need to go. It may seem harsh, but it's the best way for us to rebuild and challenge for a premiership.

Poor thread CB.

If we had a couple of forwards playing out of the square like Watts and Butcher, Miller would be an ideal player further up the ground. He's being played out of position by necessity, an in a good side would be twice the player. In fact, go back a few years when Robbo and Neita were dominating, and that's exactly what he was. He's far from the worst player going round at the moment.

Besides, if we do draft a KP forward top keep Watts company, Newton will be the first to go, not Miller.

I would prefer we discussed the footy skills and not use sexist remarks for headings. I find it offensive.

I do agree Brad did have a bad day out yesterday. According to the Hawks supporters near me so did Sam Mitchell!

I believe he is playing much better footy than he did when in the backline. A good game is also dependent on the space the opposition give you as well. Hawks applied enormous pressure in the first half and none of our guys played that well.

Perhaps it's time Brad spent some more time in the garage closer to gameday. He seemed a bit worn and tired today, not to mention fumbly and on edge.

LOL ;)

You'd think he'd be all calm and loose as a goose, but...

Miller played his best game on a rampaging Barry Hall. Miller is a key defender - nothing else.

No he didn't. Miller played his best game at CHF against Fremantle in the semi final in 2006. He took something like 14 marks and dominated.

Miller is a third tall playing as a first tall. He needs to back himself in to take shots on goal, and he needs to work on his kicking. But he's never going to star, especially not until we get someone else into our forward line.

And don't blame the supply. Yes, at times yesterday it was awful. But there were also some passes to Miller that were spot on, and I reckon he dropped about 3 sitters.

Miller is the reason we are on the bottom CHF's are suppose to posses skill, poise and football smarts they are suppose to be your best footballers he has none of those abilities he is a pathetic footballer drop him for Watts immediately. Miller should not be in our best 22 and if he is we will continue to be [censored]. Gold Coast bound is Miller if they are that crazy to take him.

Miller is the reason we are on the bottom of the ladder. That is a remarkable comment.

Drop Miller for Watts? Watts is a 17 year old who hasnt completed anywhere near enough training sessions and would be belted if we put him in a side WITHOUT miller to protect him around the ball. But i am sure you knew that.

The fact is mate, Miller IS in our best 22. Maybe that says more about our list, but I think its a good thing.

Miller was terrible yesterday, no doubt about it. That mark which he dropped and then fumbled was a disgrace. His handball to Robbo was apalling. He will never be an A grader and he has shown some signs of improvement in the last two years. Someone else said that he is inconsistent which he is, hopefully he can work on this as we currently have nobody else on offer.

Let's move on to the next game people.

Last year he kicked 26 goals, 9 behinds.

Precisely.

He is NOT a bad kick for goal, he isn't.

He nailed some very big goals in all of our wins in the past 2 years (all 4 of them :lol: ), so he is capable. The problem is, he just does not back himself.

It's interesting that Sylvia will rarely nail goals from set shots, so he chooses to run on after a mark for a long goal. That is his comfort zone. Miller needs to find his goal-kicking zone and go for it.

His constant handballing makes me think that he is terrified of letting the boys down by missing the goal, which is obviously an ingrained issue and not helped by the fact that somehow he always ends up the scapegoat amongst our supporters.

brad is lucky he is at melbourne, otherwise he would not be playing afl.

Rubbish.

Miller is the reason we are on the bottom

Ridiculous.

CHF's are suppose to posses skill, poise and football smarts they are suppose to be your best footballers he has none of those abilities he is a pathetic footballer drop him for Watts immediately. Miller should not be in our best 22 and if he is we will continue to be [censored]. Gold Coast bound is Miller if they are that crazy to take him.

He is part of our best 22. Who would you replace him with anyway?

:wacko:

Miller is the reason we are on the bottom of the ladder. That is a remarkable comment.

Remarkable......and pathetic comment.

Jaded. Miller has a problem with set shots for goal 35m+. He has consistently missed this season. He can rectify it, let's hope he turns it around asap.

Sylvia on the other hand, kicks them. Set shot or on the run. Note: To be fair to you, he did miss one last night.

Last year he kicked 26 goals, 9 behinds.

He is NOT a bad kick for goal, he isn't.

One could say that last year was the exception. People certainly would if it was Sylvia.

In his other 99 games he's kicked 45 36. Including OOF + no score, he'd be 50% at best.

He nailed some very big goals in all of our wins in the past 2 years

That he has. Weren't most of those as a tall 2m out? Can recall one accurate clutch distance shot.

I mean really, Wona kicked a great goal in one of those games from a 55m set shot.

When was the last time Miller did that? (bet it was against WC, the one game I didn't get to see)

If we had a couple of forwards playing out of the square like Watts and Butcher, Miller would be an ideal player further up the ground. He's being played out of position by necessity, an in a good side would be twice the player. In fact, go back a few years when Robbo and Neita were dominating, and that's exactly what he was.

I disagree. When Miller plays CHF, he leads to the flanks, is too slow in moving the ball on, and is not an offensive threat to the opposition. Sylvia and Bate can play this role, and are capable of hurting the opposition on the scoreboard.

Miller's best position is leading out from the goalsquare, as he did effectively last season. Unfortunately, if he can't convert on his opportunities, he's a liability, and no better than Newton.

Miller is an OK CHF who is let down when he has the footy in his hands. Decision making and disposal are at times atrocious, but he is reasonable in his work off the ball, fitness, workrate and positioning. Also doesn't take enough contested marks.

Those stats about his kicking accuracy are a little misleading. Yes he was accurate last season, but I'd be curious to see how many from around 50m didn't make the distance. For a guy of his size I have never seen a less penetrating kick.

Miller is an OK CHF who is let down when he has the footy in his hands. Decision making and disposal are at times atrocious, but he is reasonable in his work off the ball, fitness, workrate and positioning. Also doesn't take enough contested marks.

Those stats about his kicking accuracy are a little misleading. Yes he was accurate last season, but I'd be curious to see how many from around 50m didn't make the distance. For a guy of his size I have never seen a less penetrating kick.

Miller is a sub-standard CHF at best. He is the equivalent of a Travis Cloke. Brad Miller would prefer to handball the majority of the time and "telegraphs" his handballs to his teammate, and puts his teammate under pressure for their disposal most of the time.

If you put him directly in front of goal 40 metres out. He would be lucky to kick 4/10 goals with 10 shots. He has played nearly 120 games; and he will be very lucky to play more than 150 games at Melbourne.

Miller is a sub-standard CHF at best. He is the equivalent of a Travis Cloke. Brad Miller would prefer to handball the majority of the time and "telegraphs" his handballs to his teammate, and puts his teammate under pressure for their disposal most of the time.

He's more like Cameron Cloke. He is an absolute spud. He is hopless on the ground, holds on to the ball far too long, can't kick and makes terrible decisions, but he somehow will have those few games when he destroy's powerhouses like Freo and Richmond then all will be forgiven. The worst CHF in the AFL I would rather see someone who can use the ball and knows how to play the game like Watts but why should we play the No 1 draft pick when we have a star in Miller? He should be in the VFL along side Newton.

No he didn't. Miller played his best game at CHF against Fremantle in the semi final in 2006. He took something like 14 marks and dominated.

He played his best game against the Saints several years ago at the MCG, he had space on the wing between centre and CHF and fed the ball to Neitz beautifully, marking and running. It was a delight to watch. As Jaded said, one on one in space, he'll usually win. Just now, he's totally down on confidence.

Bit of a pattern here. I suspect his best role would be roaming a half-forward flank, one on one with space to run and mark and jostle. Like was said, one on one he usually wins. Then kick to our marking forwards... Watts, Robbo, Stefan Martin. From what I remember of those two games above, Miller would relish that role & do it very well.

That's the point though, Miller is NOT a key position player.

He needs two other strong talls around him, and he needs to be the third target. I'd certainly have him over Bate as a third tall, because at least he is agile enough to pick the ball off the deck and run.

In the same manner that Rivers is not a key position player, and is a lot better as a third defensive tall, the same can be said for Miller.

Just because someone isn't suited to a KP role, does not mean they are a bad player. Miller handballs deep in attack too much due to a lack of confidence, but we have seen him nail some big goals, and he rarely gets beaten one on one.

Had Bate and Robbo both kicked those goals, he would have had 2 extra goal assists next to his name and everyone would be happy.

I Believe we will see the Best of Brad once Jack Watts starts playing. I do wish he would kick more though, Hand Balling 15 metres out is just NOT ON!!

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I just don't know about Miller anymore. He is a good, middle of the road, honest footballer and his work ethic is usually outstanding, but he just seems to lack any belief in himself. Somebody - Bailey I guess - just needs to tell him to back himself when he is within 40 meters of goal, and not to think about what he is going to do if he isn't. I'd rather him miss 2 or 3 shots a game or make the wrong 1st choise than to stand there like a deer in the headlights and then make the wrong descision once everybody else is covered.

Is Jack going to kick the goals for him?

Jack is going to kick the goals for a lot of our team, we hope. After all, that's why he was drafted no.1...

Is Jack going to kick the goals for him?

No i think Brad will work better as the second Target. He relies on the confidence of those around him.

Miller is not a leader. He is a follower. All Humans are one or the other.

No i think Brad will work better as the second Target. He relies on the confidence of those around him.

Miller is not a leader. He is a follower. All Humans are one or the other.

My point was why you little, Miller still has to kick his set shots, and kick accurately. Which he has been unable to do, of late.

My point was why you little, Miller still has to kick his set shots, and kick accurately. Which he has been unable to do, of late.

I totally agree with you, & i think that confidence will increase once the Forward line improves.

But yes anything within 40 metres must be kicked by Miller. After that Hand ball into the Goal square during the First Q that completely Stuffed Up I nearly committed Suicide in the Members!

And my point is, get him up the ground a bit. Feeding our marking forwards, like I remember him doing Neitz. He's not even a second target in my opinion, but his strengths are his strength at outmarking most opponents and out-hustling them in space to win the ball and kick long to the teeth of goal. I've watched him do it, and he does it very well.