Melbourne v Power Round 15

melbournefc18

Home game at Etihad   

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have to say something good will have to happen for me to go. If its at the 'G' i'll be there but if its not i want.

So will you go if its at Etihad?

I opened this thread to vote because I am one of those idiots who sees the value of supporting the club wherever and whenever I can. Not going to see this match for the sole reason it is not at the MCG seems like a particularly weak position.

But that's your perogative. Just don't come on here complaining about us getting a shite draw if we play it at the G, draw 15000 and loose 100 large. If we play it at the Docklands and make money at least you wont need to feel as guilty for staying home! <_<

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course i'll go. To get there, i only have to stay on the train two or three extra stations. Like diesel, i'll go wherever they play. Obviously i'd prefer them to play at the G, but staying on the train those few extra stops is no worry to me at all. And even though the ground is completely lacking in character and heritage, the club and the team are still there, still the same. Not attending just because it's not at the G is completely weak.

They should have to pay us to use our home ground and to have us relocated.

The point of all this is that the AFL should have Fixtured St.Kilda & Geeloong at the MCG in the first place. But they didn't.

So why should we give up a HOME Game just to appease two opposition clubs which is what we are doing if this goes ahead.

Im a 16 game member with a reserved seat at home games, where will my seat be? Nose Bleed?

Would you rather a nose bleed? Or bleed for the club (red&blue)?

I'd bleed for this club!

I'll be there for the club, players and supporters.

There is no other option. If the club is ok with this and gets compensated well for the move, so be it.

I look forward to the day when our team is in a position -when playing excellent footy much like StKilda is now - and supported well by fans, to see one of our games switched to accomodate a blockbuster. Ie Essendon v Melbourne.

How some want to pull the plug on their team and not attend for 1 week is beyond me.

If you don't like it, write to the club and voice your opinion, but IMO there is no need to let the mfc players and club down by not showing your support.

I have written to the club, no answer. I make my contributions to this club like many others in the way of memberships, donating and buying raffle tickets. I pay extra for a reserved seat and now loose one of those games, do i have a right to be [censored]? I HATE Docklands! MCG is our home!

I'll go, i always go regardless of venue.

I have written to the club, no answer. I make my contributions to this club like many others in the way of memberships, donating and buying raffle tickets. I pay extra for a reserved seat and now loose one of those games, do i have a right to be [censored]? I HATE Docklands! MCG is our home!

I feel the same re docklands.

however I really believe that especially this year and in this case the club is bigger then us the individuals. therefore if the club doesn't bleed like HT said, I'm happy to sit in the nose bleed. I would almost guarrantee that any reserved seat member like us will at minimum have a reserved area level 1 and maybe lv2(premium) for the day. If so the atmospher will be good.

Not happy but will learn to live with it provided OUR club is looked after financially for the move.

Of course you have the right to be [censored], but is that enough reason for you AzzKikA, to turn your back on supporting the team at Docklands?

In a way yes. We support and support and still we get bent over and reamed. I DO and WILL continue to support the club when we play AWAY games at docklands, but NOT when it gets changed to be OUR home game. It's not my problem if opposing teams want more money from taking away OUR home game. The only way i will go is if the seating is going to be EX ACTUALLY the same as if it were at the G.

In a way yes. We support and support and still we get bent over and reamed. I DO and WILL continue to support the club when we play AWAY games at docklands, but NOT when it gets changed to be OUR home game. It's not my problem if opposing teams want more money from taking away OUR home game. The only way i will go is if the seating is going to be EX ACTUALLY the same as if it were at the G.

So if you get offered Level 2 seating, you will go?

so your happy for the club to hemerage money at the G which we will v port at this time of year, when there is a solution to still play the game in melbourne at another venue and maybe even turn a profit?

Look, if i get a seat in the same location or general seating is ground level not nose bleed then i will go, coz thats where I would go if it was at home. I just hate the fact that we have to give it up because of the opposition. And don't give me this shite guilt trip, I go to every game in Melbourne rain hail or freeze! Yes i go to the games we have at Docklands, and sit in nosebleed because thats what i paid for. But i refuse to go if the seating is like that when it is classed as our home game. Understand?

So are the MFC going to compensate the members for loss of a game this was one game i could go to with my membership now I am unable to go

If you've bought an MFC membership, then you'll be able to get in. It's still our home game.

Furthermore, on the compensation thing, buying a membership is about supporting the club. Why on earth would you want to take money back off them? I'm an MCC member, so most of the time I don't even need an MFC one, but I still bought the $180 membership, because I wanted to support the club financially. I'm only a Uni student, so I could be spending my money on something else, but as I love the club, the money doesn't even factor into my thinking. It's simply a matter of support.

Either support the club or don't. It's about going and watching your team. It's two seconds away from the G and if you've got a membership you'll get in. Jeesh, no wonder other supporters call Melbourne supporters fair weathered supporters.

Thanks High tower, but hopefully that wont be necessary. It would be really silly if the seating was not matched to what we have at the G.

Hopefully we're all at the 'G' anyway. Nothing's confirmed as far as I know.

ahhhhhh C`mon Melbourne supporters OPEN YA EYES. We Need your support. That is the weakest effort ever to anyone who is planning not to attend the game at Etihead. It is 5mins away from the G. Sure I love the G way more than Etihead but we can`t be selfish about this. What do we get out of melbourne supporters complaining its getting moved to Etihead WE GET NOTHING OUT OF IT we just have to deal with it and forget the fact that we are attending Etihead but we are attending a Melbourne Football club match. I`ll be there.

CARN DEES