Developing father son picks

darkhorse72

Hi All

Just read this article on the bulldogs about father/son picks but it also talks about a development programme they run to involve future father/son picks in the club and identify areas that need development. Much like how Barrassi Jnr was involved in the club and its culture from a very early age.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/in-th...ge#contentSwap1

Good idea as with our drought of father/sons picks coming through the system for us.

Hi All

Just read this article on the bulldogs about father/son picks but it also talks about a development programme they run to involve future father/son picks in the club and identify areas that need development. Much like how Barrassi Jnr was involved in the club and its culture from a very early age.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/in-th...ge#contentSwap1

Good idea as with our drought of father/sons picks coming through the system for us.

Todd Viney and Steven Stretch both have sons who can really play ...

My son's a great footballer. Now we've just got to figure how to get his father into the side... :D

Get Jimmy to adopt him. No I am only serious.

My son's a great footballer. Now we've just got to figure how to get his father into the side... :D

Ha. Register & nominate as a mature age rookie....wait for a LTI, you're in!

Then the hard yards start :lol: .....you have to chalk up 100.

Viney's son is playing for North Adelaide juniors, U16s or 18s. Heard good things. Have to keep filthy Cows and Powa away.

Any more info on him or any other potential Father & Son picks would be great - would be very handy to have a few coming through over the next few years when we won't be able to rely on the draft (and when we're near the top of the ladder as well of course!)

whats the go with Garry Lyons kids? any good?

They are young and dont need desperate fools like you putting pressure on them. In fact i find this whole thread just a bit unsavoury.

They are young and dont need desperate fools like you putting pressure on them. In fact i find this whole thread just a bit unsavoury.

I'm a desperate fool who hasn't seen a flag in my lifetime and wondering if I ever will. I will put all the pressure I like !!!! I'd take take Jamie duursma's son if he could play. If you don't like the thread read something else.

I'm a desperate fool who hasn't seen a flag in my lifetime and wondering if I ever will. I will put all the pressure I like !!!! I'd take take Jamie duursma's son if he could play. If you don't like the thread read something else.

i have not seen a flag either dip sh!t, but i am not resorting to salivating over somones kids to help us win a flag. Grow up, it's embarrasing!

An article on Jack Viney

Thanks for that...at least sounds like he has some potential

i have not seen a flag either dip sh!t, but i am not resorting to salivating over somones kids to help us win a flag. Grow up, it's embarrasing!

Ease up...who is putting pressure on him? We're not following him around or calling his house...we're discussing potential father son picks ffs!!!

WTF? If u don't like the post, don't read it and if u haven't anything constructive to say, then [censored] off. The only embarrassment here is u mate.

Spent months putting tossers in their place for pissing all over my team and fellow supporters in the h-sun footy but to see it here when we're all supposed 2 b on the same side, is a disgrace. Try an tell other people what to talk about- who the [censored] do u think u are?...

ANYWAY, back to topic... The young VINEY is built like a brick poophouse already, geezus! Good to know that while the gold coast are skimming the cream off the draft brew in a couple of years that we may have a good, young player waiting in the wings that they can't touch.

Very timely if it works out that way.

WTF? If u don't like the post, don't read it and if u haven't anything constructive to say, then [censored] off. The only embarrassment here is u mate.

Spent months putting tossers in their place for pissing all over my team and fellow supporters in the h-sun footy but to see it here when we're all supposed 2 b on the same side, is a disgrace. Try an tell other people what to talk about- who the [censored] do u think u are?...

ANYWAY, back to topic... The young VINEY is built like a brick poophouse already, geezus! Good to know that while the gold coast are skimming the cream off the draft brew in a couple of years that we may have a good, young player waiting in the wings that they can't touch.

Very timely if it works out that way.

Hey demon3 have a read !!

ease up ya hero! did not once put any pressure on them we are just wondering how they are progessing! if someones the [censored] its you :angry:

I highly doubt Jack Viney is reading demonland, and even if he is, I'm sure he's not saying to himself I better become a superstar and play for the Melbourne football club... people here speculating about future father son picks puts no pressure on these kids what so ever... the most pressure they will have will be that placed by themselves, in their quest to become a professional footballer...

Demon3, that was not the point of the article. It was how another club was being pro-active in developing talented youngsters that the club can recruit. Much like the old days with zones. With the draft its hard to take that long term look but father/son picjs gives us that opportunity. It also gives the chance of potential players to get involved with the club and build a stronger link and hopefully benefit from a our "strong" culture in getting the best of of themselves.

I understand that demon3 knows the Viney family? Which would explain why he's so passionate about the topic, but I seriously doubt that a thread on a site like this would add any further pressure on a young kid. I would have thought that having a father who competed at the highest level and the fact he's currently coaching an AFL would put more pressure on a kid to perform.

Like most boys growing up I'm sure something that drives him would be to at least equal his fathers achievements.