• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v Adelaide

w00dy

We shouldn't drop anyone we only dropped 1 player last week after getting belted by 10 goals. Bate wasn't that bad and besides a couple of costly turnovers Bartram was pretty good.

IN : MCDONALD (IF FIT) (IF NOT) MARIC

OUT : GREEN

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly the most positive aspect of our side at the moment, IMO, is the difficulty in gaining selection - especially in the upcoming months/years.

We still have our 3 top picks in the draft last year, plus Bail, Jurrah, Grimes and Maric to fit in

Personally I would give Jetta a spell at Casey for a couple of games, I'm happy for as many youngsters to be in the team to develop...

But, I think he hasn't done alot in the past couple of games, doesn't look confident out there at the moment. Thought he coughed up the pill a little at times against Richmond & Port.

So it would be good to get him back to casey and let him loose and build up some confidence now that he knows the level of performance required.

Maric more than deserves a call up, has been our best performed player at Casey the past 3 or so matches.

Bennell might do with the same treatment.. but think he is more versatile and will stay.

Out: Green, Jetta

In: McDonald, Maric

Dean Bailey said that Robbo is probably another week away in his press conference after the game.
If that is the case then- IN: MCDONALD OUT: GREEN I think with Green now out injured and with the win over richmond, Bate will be needed up forward and Jetta will walk onto the G against adelaide. Mcdonald back.

In: Maric

Out: Green

Give McDonald another week. No need to rush him back from a hammy at his age.

Robbo's surely another week away at least. Don't know about Grimes or Wonaeamirri, but if they're close, then Bartram and Bate are getting shaky (I know Bate played well vs Port but it's one out of four so far). I also don't know about the fitness of Bennell and/or Jetta, and whether or not they need a rest to prevent them from burning out.

About Valenti stepping up

One he is a rookie. Two he is not a replacement for Green. Three, I would suggest that Maric, Grimes, Junior and Wona would return before they would elevate a rookie. Four, according to my trusted spies at Casey it was a good Valenti game but nothing to warrant elevation at this point.

Must be good spies Rhino! :lol:

German's assessment of Valenti:

Shane Valenti – Shane was probably best-on-ground with 35 touches. He was in-and-under and won a lot of contested ball. He showed his appetite to win the ball. It was by far his best game this season.

I for one would love to see Valenti elevated into the team (Garland's LTI means there is a spot), but don't think it will happen just now.

And for the record, German's assessment of Maric's game was good, but less glowing (Addam followed on from his good form last week. He didn't play as high up the ground. He played closer to goal and kicked a couple. Addam showed his agility and his talents around goal).

And his assessment of McKenzie may be a sign of things to come: Jordie played seniors and rotated through the midfield. He was very clean with his ball-use. This week he was able to absorb a lot more of the physical pressure of the game, playing against harder bodies and bigger men. Jordie has really taken some big steps and we're really pleased with the way he's going. (Bold is my emphasis.)

Guest petjud
Personally I would give Jetta a spell at Casey for a couple of games, I'm happy for as many youngsters to be in the team to develop...

But, I think he hasn't done alot in the past couple of games, doesn't look confident out there at the moment. Thought he coughed up the pill a little at times against Richmond & Port.

So it would be good to get him back to casey and let him loose and build up some confidence now that he knows the level of performance required.

Maric more than deserves a call up, has been our best performed player at Casey the past 3 or so matches.

Bennell might do with the same treatment.. but think he is more versatile and will stay.

Out: Green, Jetta

In: McDonald, Maric

I think Redman, has adopted Jetta as his scapegoat, same as Yze Magic and Bruce, and quite a few with Bate if you look at YM team you will see Bruce on the bench, I was expecting him to be emergency or dropped.

Jetta doesn't look confident......a beautiful turn and pass laces out to Miller, and another couple, yes he cocked a couple up but we wasn't on his Pat Malone................he is getting better and better each game, as I said in a previous post a couple of weeks ago he is not Wonna, he is a midfielder.....you will see him sneak in the restarts now and again...this is DB getting him used to being in there......

I can't decide who will replace Green, probably JMac if he is fit, can't see anybody dropped especially after a very rare victory, can't see a matchup problem anywhere with Adelaide, depends on who they name......reason Cheney went out....no match up in DB's eyes

Must be good spies Rhino! :lol:

German's assessment of Valenti:

A little tip Mono.....

German is the coach and you would expect him to talk up all players in a public environment. I recall Chopper Lovell giving really positive summaries on Isaac Weetra and Meesen at a time when neither were able to show even a modicum of form or talent. Get the drift?

Why would you elevate another fringe midfielder type that we have in buckets? Also we would be better off keeping Spencer elevated when Jamar comes back and putting Spencer on the LTI.

Guest petjud
But he didn't play for casey, has to be more to this one? teams are in fri so surely he could have played at casey on sat if this was the reason??

spoke to him at the after match, he was in his tracksuit not a suit, we would be mad not to have an emergency on game day, wouldn't risk losing all of them to injury playiing VFL the day before, Newton was last week in Adelaide.....he didn't play for Casey and stay behind

My god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why drop players? specifically young players.... when they get their first big win.

It's about building team confidence, we don't have stars, they all worked as a team and we got a result, so why in the world would we drop these players? It will kill their confidence, especially players like Jetta, Bennell and Bartram.

FOOLISH!!

Only change....

Out: Green

In: Macca (if fit), Maric (if Macca isn't fit)

A little tip Mono.....

German is the coach and you would expect him to talk up all players in a public environment. I recall Chopper Lovell giving really positive summaries on Isaac Weetra and Meesen at a time when neither were able to show even a modicum of form or talent. Get the drift?

Why would you elevate another fringe midfielder type that we have in buckets? Also we would be better off keeping Spencer elevated when Jamar comes back and putting Spencer on the LTI.

German ain't no puppet mate....

spoke to him at the after match, he was in his tracksuit not a suit, we would be mad not to have an emergency on game day, wouldn't risk losing all of them to injury playiing VFL the day before, Newton was last week in Adelaide.....he didn't play for Casey and stay behind

Understand that when playing interstate you must take an emergency with you, but for a local game this seems a little strange. Cheeny has been a gem thus far so i can't understand why one would risk putting him out of form by not playing. Unless it was a way of managing a young player by scheduling a weeks rest? General soreness/flu etc? I can't remember many if there have been times that emergencies did not play in either side for a local game unless there was an issue.

I wasn't talking about specifically, 'hardness', but more 'fear', in some of it's differing forms. It can effect sports people in all different ways.

The yips in golf, etc.

I think you are mistaken if Green has any on field fear. If you have it in AFL its terminal to your career. There others on the MFC list you should be worried about.

In - Maric

Out - Green

B - Bennell Warnock Martin

HB - Rivers Frawley Bartram

C - Morton McLean Davey

HF - Petterd Bate Sylvia

F - Newton Miller Maric

R - Meesen Moloney Jones

I/C - Johnson Bruce Dunn Jetta

I agree with your line up Yze_Magic.

I think Maric needs to be given a chance.

Although hopefully Robertson will be back in the next week or two as well.

I think Redman, has adopted Jetta as his scapegoat, same as Yze Magic and Bruce, and quite a few with Bate if you look at YM team you will see Bruce on the bench, I was expecting him to be emergency or dropped.

Jetta doesn't look confident......a beautiful turn and pass laces out to Miller, and another couple, yes he cocked a couple up but we wasn't on his Pat Malone................he is getting better and better each game, as I said in a previous post a couple of weeks ago he is not Wonna, he is a midfielder.....you will see him sneak in the restarts now and again...this is DB getting him used to being in there......

I can't decide who will replace Green, probably JMac if he is fit, can't see anybody dropped especially after a very rare victory, can't see a matchup problem anywhere with Adelaide, depends on who they name......reason Cheney went out....no match up in DB's eyes

Haha, scapegoat for what? a win?

I think hes going to be a good little player, and he definately has attributes to develop further (specially when he turned a sydney player inside out on the wing @ visy park during the NAB challenge match).

Agree with him not being on his Pat Malone but its not based on the one game. Sometimes going back to the reserves for a couple of games can be more effective than staying in the senior side.

Plus Maric deserves a call up and not sure if we can fit in both of them at the moment...

A little tip Mono.....

You might argue that the reviews are generally too positive (I'd agree) but you can only give 'best on ground' to one player.

Jetta... is not Wonna, he is a midfielder.

Thank-you. Why is it that indigenous players can only ever be compared to other indigenous players?

At least no-one has referred to Wonaeamirri's supposed "blistering pace" or "flashy x-factor" in this thread yet.

I think Austin's a bit over-hyped anyway. I can't wait to see Addam Maric get some time up forward this year.