Unoffical Dean Bailey can't coach thread

rancid_liam

I'm not gonna list every reasoning for me disliking our current boss, but I will say there is no way we will fully progress within the next 5 years if this guy has control.

The team selection is terrible, the game plan is not right for our unexperienced and very under-skilled list and he's not a real leader for the MFC...

I hate people who use the coach as a scape goat for bad performance, and I'm not doing that, I know ou list is one of the worst lists I've seen in my 20 years on this planet, all I'm saying is he's not getting the full potential out of our lads and won't if he continues to coach our sides for the next few years. We need a progressive coach who knows how to control a list like this, who knows how to hide certain common errors, who actually attempts to, with a game plan, elimate constant turn-overs from ove-possessing the ball and knows how to correct our defending and attacking of kick-outs, something Daniher never did.

Don't know what the general enthusiasm is towards him from our fans because I live amoungst a town of Carlton and Collinwood, so let us know what you think of Bailey.

The gameplan isn't meant to be suited to our inexperienced list. It is meant to suit our list in 3-5 years time when they are no longer skinny, inexperienced kids. The gameplan has to be judged assuming it is being carried out by seasoned AFL footballers. Time will only tell if it is a Top 4 gameplan. Remember the critisism hurled at Clarkson for his gameplans.

Quite simply, I do not agree at all, Rancid. No coach in the world could manufacture a win against Port at AAMI with our severely depleted forward line and plethora of young kids. At the moment, it's like a TAC Cup team taking on an AFL team each week.

I think Bailey knows what he's doing - and that is getting experience into the inexperienced. In time, that should hopefully produce results - but it is definitely not the easy option. And he should be rewarded with your support and respect for that.

Guest petjud
all you seek is Here

Liam, hopefully you read the thread that was in this post, I think that is why you have not got many replies it has all been said before.

Bailey's plans are slowly starting to show results, not on the scoreboard yet, but they will.

I doubt you will get any support for your theory that Bailey is no good.

i'm not a melbourne supporter but i suggest you keep the faith. it can take a good 3-5 years to develop a list. there will be pain with your current list but on the odd occasion the team has strung it together they've looked more than capable. besides, with the compromised draft things aren't going to change too much. i don't think any other coach is going to come in and have immediate success. bailey is the man for your times.

can someone delete this topic. give the guy a go, he has a very young list and already we can see huge improvement in our backline, lots of potential in the mids and a forward line that if we recruit well will be damaging in a few years.

Give the guy a break, he hasn`t got much of a cattle to work with. But I think he has put a bright future to this club. Watts,Morton,Grimes,Bate,Mclean,Jones,Moloney,Sylvia,Davey,Buckley,Garland,Warno

ck,Martin,Rivers,Frawley,Bell,Wonaeamirri,Maric,Cheney,Jetta,Bennell,Blease,Valen

ti,Spencer,Miller,Dunn,Bartram,Meeson,P.Johnson,Jurrah,Petterd and Newton are all under 26 and have got some good valueable experience behind them.

i'm not a melbourne supporter but i suggest you keep the faith. it can take a good 3-5 years to develop a list. there will be pain with your current list but on the odd occasion the team has strung it together they've looked more than capable. besides, with the compromised draft things aren't going to change too much. i don't think any other coach is going to come in and have immediate success. bailey is the man for your times.

How come you are a member of Demonland then?

I'm not gonna list every reasoning for me disliking our current boss, but I will say there is no way we will fully progress within the next 5 years if this guy has control.

The team selection is terrible, the game plan is not right for our unexperienced and very under-skilled list and he's not a real leader for the MFC...

I hate people who use the coach as a scape goat for bad performance, and I'm not doing that, I know ou list is one of the worst lists I've seen in my 20 years on this planet, all I'm saying is he's not getting the full potential out of our lads and won't if he continues to coach our sides for the next few years. We need a progressive coach who knows how to control a list like this, who knows how to hide certain common errors, who actually attempts to, with a game plan, elimate constant turn-overs from ove-possessing the ball and knows how to correct our defending and attacking of kick-outs, something Daniher never did.

Don't know what the general enthusiasm is towards him from our fans because I live amoungst a town of Carlton and Collinwood, so let us know what you think of Bailey.

How would you change the game plan?

What would you do differently with selection?

How would you control this list?

In what way is Dean Bailey not progressive?

How would you hide skill errors?????

Very poor post. You make a number of ridiculous judgemnet statements and offer no alternatives. Are you a genuine Melbourne man or some rabble rouser trolling for a bit of fun or to try and destabilise the supporter group.

I don't have a problem with people criticising our coach but reading and re-reading this post leads me to believe you are up to no good.

I think we can do without threads like this and I hope most see it for what it is.

Give the guy a break, he hasn`t got much of a cattle to work with. But I think he has put a bright future to this club. Watts,Morton,Grimes,Bate,Mclean,Jones,Moloney,Sylvia,Davey,Buckley,Garland,Warno

ck,Martin,Rivers,Frawley,Bell,Wonaeamirri,Maric,Cheney,Jetta,Bennell,Blease,Vale

n

ti,Spencer,Miller,Dunn,Bartram,Meeson,P.Johnson,Jurrah,Petterd and Newton are all under 26 and have got some good valueable experience behind them.

I completely agree. To call Dean Bailey a bad coach is a MASSIVE over statement.

I like Dean Bailey and want to give him time but i think there is going to be a lil debate if he will stay on after this year.

Lets face it Nathan Buckley who has a pretty good footy brain, and is now working in the development side of the AFL could be a massive get by the club.

Im over sentimental times, we must make hard decisions and i think after this year that is a hard decision that will be made.

But i dont think Bails has done anything wrong so far other than a few position decisions like with Dunn.

He has proved he can develop though, no question.

This is a ridiculous thread. The guy has had just over a year to rebuild a list that was going nowhere. Give him a chance to get a settled lineup.

Anyone who says we haven't improved from last season either didn't see much of us last season or has forgotten how truly awful we were for the majority of the season. We were a rabble. We're not going to become world beaters overnight. The truth is this is going to take years. So buckle up and hang with it because thats what being in it for the long haul means. Enjoy the development. Enjoy the improvement. Better days are ahead.

I don't know why I bother but stop doing this to yourselves.

For the last time: We are sh!t.

As long as I can see development out of the younger ones, we are on the right track.

Now stop talking about the coach, it's getting annoying.

Wow. How long have you been a fan champ?

Team selection is terrible? When you have a terrible list there's not much "good team selection" one can partake in.

What potential has he not got out of our players? Garland, Warnock, Johnson last year, shite even Sylvia played OK in parts last year.

OH

MY

GOD

Some people just don't understand the concept of rebuilding.

Start this thread in 4 years if we are still last. Then it's justified.

In the mean time, the OP should just [censored] in a hole and shut up.