Casey Scorpions v Coburg Tigers 5/4/09

KC from Casey

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and as Clint Eastwood once said "a mans got to know his limitations" and PJ needs to be told his

I'd probably argue the opposite. PJ is one player who has always seemed down on confidence, when he started to get game time and believe in his ability last year he started to play his best footy.

'Cards13', he's a nice little player, isn't he. Loved that classy play & goal last week.

He is on the Davey Scholarship isn't he? Will be interested to see how he progresses over the season with Casey.

"Liddle, 19, played for the Northern Territory Under 18 team at the past three national championships, last year as captain"

http://www.scorpions.com.au/news/seaosn-20...ig-arrival.html

Love the idea of the Davey Scholarship too.

PJ is too big and slow to be anything but a stay at home FF

Are we talking about the same guy? PJ happens to be one of the quickest guys in the club. He would beat Brock and Sylvia on one leg.

tbh he's a much better prospect as a backman than he is a forward

Not sure about that. Maybe as a loose backan, filling the holes in front of forwards.

Are we talking about the same guy? PJ happens to be one of the quickest guys in the club. He would beat Brock and Sylvia on one leg.

Doesn't that show the state of Melbourne's leg-speed?

If these are the players (that are currently playing) Bailey sees as our future, then ill persist with them. But in the case of PJ if he cant ruck then he has to be put into another category, mids KPP and see how he stacks up. I cant see how he cannot ruck, he is tall enough.

Please play him forward or back for the year. Try him out, he will never be a goodes type tall man roaming the grounds.

Did Zomer shag your girlfriend or something Eastie ?

You don't miss too many chances to give him a slap

Nah he's just an arrogant f*cker.

If he was good I'd give him credit where credit's due, but imo he's not much chop.

Reasonable athlete for his size but he doesn't have a great footy brain (which is why I think he has more hope as a defender at AFL than a forward)

And Titan Uranus.

Brad Moran held (not sure if it got broken this year) the 20m record at the draft camp and is 200cm and about 100kg.

http://www.footydraft.com/brad-moran/

Apparently Leuenberger is in the top couple of guys at Brissy over 20m as well

Pretty sure that they traded him because of persistent injuries.

I was under the impression they had too many ruckmen. He was the fourth in line in their ruck stocks and had to go. From memory they had Gardiner (when he was a star), Cox (as he was becoming a star) and Seaby (erm.... was playing football). That's a pretty sweet lineup for that stage, and they were on the way to a flag. Under those circumstances, PJ was a NQR who just had to be shed. Pretty sure right now he'd be preferred over Seaby.

I'm the same. I don't rate Zomer, but for me it's not THAT personal. I just reckon KP forwards who are huge and can take a grab are really not that special, or rare. Nothing against the kid, but if we want a star for our future to play along the side of Watts (and maybe a Butcher-type) they have to be able to contest, mark and finish, along with having a good footy brain. And that's a minimum... Zomer doesn't even have those strengths. Look at Miller. He has so many gifts, and is hamstrung by the fact he's not a noted finisher. It's the reason we have clung onto Newton. He fits all the criteria, and has a leap to go with anyone's, and even he can't crack it in the worst side on the comp.

Like I say, I don't want to sink the boots into the kid. Maybe he can find a physicality and toughness that's missing with everyone else. Or at least force our other KP forwards to compete for their spot in the team. I just can't be convinced to have high hopes just yet.

I was under the impression they had too many ruckmen. He was the fourth in line in their ruck stocks and had to go. From memory they had Gardiner (when he was a star), Cox (as he was becoming a star) and Seaby (erm.... was playing football). That's a pretty sweet lineup for that stage, and they were on the way to a flag. Under those circumstances, PJ was a NQR who just had to be shed. Pretty sure right now he'd be preferred over Seaby.

Maybe they worked out what has taken MFC 5 years to do...he cant ruck. I would think WCE would not to have either player on their list.

I can't be 100% sure , but from memory I think PJ played for Vic U18's and WCoast as a Power Forward.I'm not sure he was considered a ruckman at the time?

You sure about that Fairbump? I thought he was one of four young ruckman at west coast competing for rucking duties. :unsure:;)

I recall when we played them in the NAB Cup a few years back now, the year Robbo took a screamer in the NAB Cup opener for Melbourne at the Dome. PJ was playing and looked impressive. I think they had 3 big men playing that day. He rucked, but he also played up forward and looked impressive up forward. I remember thinking, gee, West Coast breed them big. Pretty sure Seaby and Cox were playing too.

Surely, he was considered a potential ruckman at that time.

You sure about that Fairbump? I thought he was one of four young ruckman at west coast competing for rucking duties. :unsure:;)

I recall when we played them in the NAB Cup a few years back now, the year Robbo took a screamer in the NAB Cup opener for Melbourne at the Dome. PJ was playing and looked impressive. I think they had 3 big men playing that day. He rucked, but he also played up forward and looked impressive up forward. I remember thinking, gee, West Coast breed them big. Pretty sure Seaby and Cox were playing too.

Surely, he was considered a potential ruckman at that time.

Your likely right. I just vaguely remember him doing well up forward and being a decent kick for goal.