Leading Goal Kicker for 2009

Maric Legend

Leading Goal Kicker  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With our first game just around the corner and much talk of our non-existent forward line, who do you think will kick the most goals this year and with how many?

Personally, I think if Maric can come back from injury early enough by Round 2 or 3, I think he might be our strongest avenue to goal. Unfortunately, I think this'll only be around the 30 goal mark. Wonna not far behind him.

Robbo, 40+

this poll is somewhat depressing, imagine the equivelant poll for Hawthorne <60 would be the lower option.

But I would prefer it to be one of the younger guys like maric or wonna. I would also like to see PJ assert himself there.

Actually if the questipn was "who do you WANT the leading goal kicker to be?" I would say Watts. I have no doubt that if DB wasn't being so careful with him and committed to playing him deep in the forward line he would win it, whether or not that is our best option at this point i'm not so sure, but it is fun to think about.

Robbo if he's right for 14+ games. Otherwise Miller will have a solid if unspectacular year as our main focal point kicking 35-45. Goals will be spread around a lot though. Think the array of small forwards and goal-kicking mids.

Robbo if he's right for 14+ games. Otherwise Miller will have a solid if unspectacular year as our main focal point kicking 35-45. Goals will be spread around a lot though. Think the array of small forwards and goal-kicking mids.

He would have to stand next to the goal post and get handballs to get that. :wacko:

This is a hard one, some close options here. If our defence holds up a little better this year and Rivers stays fit then IMO this gives Green more of a licence up forward where he would be good for at least 20 - 30 you'd think. Miller, Aussie and Bate are all contenders I think with Green and some others outside chances. With Robbo we need him to stay on the park for the rest of the year (once he plays) if he is to catch these guys - fingers crossed anyway. Even Davey is good for 20 - 30 if he is fully fit and we use him right I suppose. Anyhow I'll go with Aussie but with no real certainty.

I'm tipping Bate, then Green, then Wonaeamirri.

Then a couple around 20 goals each.

Watts will be considered properly conditioned by about round 15, and will have kicked 20 by the end of the season as well, having already secure the leading goalkicker award for Casey. ;)

Otherwise Miller will have a solid if unspectacular year as our main focal point kicking 35-45.

2008 was seen by many as a "breakout" season for Miller and he only managed 26.

A solid and unspectacular year might see him struggling to crack twenty.

Goals will be spread around a lot though. Think the array of small forwards and goal-kicking mids.

Never a bad thing......

I think Brad Green will be our highest Goal Kicker this year.

I think we'll find him lurking in the forward line for most of the season.

He'll bag 40+ goals this year.

Gippy

I believe that Aussie will kick 50+ goals for the season. He didnt play that many games last year and he managed 24 for the season. This season he has a few games under his belt, and physically is a different guy.

I think Brad Green will be our highest Goal Kicker this year.

I think we'll find him lurking in the forward line for most of the season.

He'll bag 40+ goals this year.

Gippy

I hope we find him lurking in the forward line more this year. I watched this clip yesterday and thought i hope he gets more time up there this season.

Maric for me with 30-40

We will struggle badly up forward unless Newton pulls his finger our big time, Robbo can't be the main focal point, especially coming from as far back as he is.

I think our smalls will be the main threat, maybe Bate.

Maybe we should have a forward line of 6 smalls and when we kick the ball into the F50 just kick it along the ground and create no contests that the big tall back will win in the air :)

Wouldn't Vlad and the media love seeing that, Green streaming through the MCG centre, 6 small forwards leading up and him kicking it 45 meters along the ground :lol:

I picked 'other'. The poll does not include names such as Newton, Sylvia, Davey, Green, Robbo and Watts......I think one of these will pop up.

Robbo and Watts combined won't play more than 12 games this year. No chance either of them will be leading goal scorer (you'd hope).

And Newton? Well, if he's leading goal scorer this year that would be a very nice surprise. But unfortunately I don't see it happening.

Robbo and Watts combined won't play more than 12 games this year. No chance either of them will be leading goal scorer (you'd hope).

And Newton? Well, if he's leading goal scorer this year that would be a very nice surprise. But unfortunately I don't see it happening.

I disagree, I think Robbo and Watts will definitely play more than 12 games combined this season. I give them some chance of being the leading goal kicker, given last season's returns.

Miller 37

Newton 35

Wonna 31

Green 28

Bate 23

Davey 21

Morton 20

Sylvia 20 (if he has not been delisted)

Bruce 17 (and 5 out of bounds on the full)

Matthew Bates my pick with around 40. I'm expecting a big year for Bate and 40 should be a minimum and it should rise every year.

Green 30's and a whole bunch in the 20's.

Matthew Bates my pick with around 40. I'm expecting a big year for Bate and 40 should be a minimum and it should rise every year.

Green 30's and a whole bunch in the 20's.

That is a fantastically done avatar, Jacey.

I agree with the high Bate expectations. I think FF is his possie and I reckon he can average a couple goals a game in that spot.

If he is kept there, Miller tends to push him toward the boundary when Bate is playing HFF. And he needs room to reverse lead, double lead, drop behind the pack etc. Because he doesn't have exceptional pace over 20-30m. What he does have is a quick 10 metres, a brain, and a good pair of hands.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing his development this season.