No weekend off

Rampaging Demons

With all clubs enforced to have a week off before the season, clubs can ask for special dispensation for players that have played minimal matches, coming back from injury, etc to be allowed to play this weekend.

Who would the Demons request?

I would have thought Sylvia, perhaps Buckley but most others have played, so.....

I wouldn't have thought 'special dispensation' includes missing football because you were suspended for being a [censored]?

Agree that Buckley definetly needs another run, his skills were woeful on Saturday.

Perhaps Grimes to although I have no idea why he missed the last 2 weeks.

With all clubs enforced to have a week off before the season, clubs can ask for special dispensation for players that have played minimal matches, coming back from injury, etc to be allowed to play this weekend.

Who would the Demons request?

I would have thought Sylvia, perhaps Buckley but most others have played, so.....

I think maybe, - Robbo - 1/2, Sylvia, Grimes, Meeson, Zomer, Wonnaemirri, etc

Wona would be a definite...

Maric (if fit and training ok)? And the rookies (Healey, McKenzie, Zomer..) perhaps?

That sounds about right, maybe a few others depending on how the fitness team assesses them. With Wona I would look at half a game max, he looked ultra fit and perhaps was previously overdone. If he looks underdone (and could benefit from more game time) then give him the whole game but if he looks sharp in the first half then that is all he needs IMO or we risk injury to a key player in a nothing match. Someone else mentioned Buckley who I can understand needing another game under the belt too.

I think, but I'm not certain, that the only AFL players who can get the special dispensation to play VFL this week are those who are returning from injury. I don't think they can play just because the AFL club wants to get more game time into them or their skills need a bit of honing.

Casey Fields this Saturday - Reserves at 11:10am and Seniors at 2:00pm. Practice match against Box Hill.

I think, but I'm not certain, that the only AFL players who can get the special dispensation to play VFL this week are those who are returning from injury. I don't think they can play just because the AFL club wants to get more game time into them or their skills need a bit of honing.

Casey Fields this Saturday - Reserves at 11:10am and Seniors at 2:00pm. Practice match against Box Hill.

I believe that eligibility for this week depends on whether the player in question has missed game time through injury. That would allow Rivers to play but not Sylvia. The rookies can play.

Jared Rivers heads the list of five senior list Demons with permission to play for Casey Scorpions against Box Hill on Saturday at Casey Fields. Joining him will be Austin Wonaeamirri, Paul Johnson, Addam Maric and Liam Jurrah plus four rookies.

Source: HUN

I'm surprised that Jack Grimes isn't on the list after missing the past two NAB Challenge games.

Today's HUN has a small article saying Grimes has a back injury and won't be available for round 1. Apparently it's not the same problem that he had with his back last year.

Bugger!

Demons with permission to play for Casey Scorpions against Box Hill on Saturday at Casey Fields - Liam Jurrah

This alone adds a lot of interest to the game, just about makes the long trek worth it to see LJ for the 1st time!

Shame about grimes

Jared Rivers heads the list of five senior list Demons with permission to play for Casey Scorpions against Box Hill on Saturday at Casey Fields. Joining him will be Austin Wonaeamirri, Paul Johnson, Addam Maric and Liam Jurrah plus four rookies.

Source: HUN

I'm surprised that Jack Grimes isn't on the list after missing the past two NAB Challenge games.

Hah! I'm not so sure that i'd want an article saying i needed a "Willy test"!

Good luck Dees, and please no injuries! :o

Could Jurrah be a chance to play a half or so this week? Apparently is training very well, and 'lit up the track' last week...

He will be making his debut this saturday for Casey. This will be the first time any of his coaches have seen him play a game. Expect something special.

Wouldn't mind a report on Jurrah from anyone attending.

Same! Spewing i can't make it down to the game... Bring on LJ the excitement machine!!!! :wub:

And PLEASE GOD let Rivers and PJ make it thru unscathed!