• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

I really like Bailey.....but.

btdemon

Facts are Facts but at this time 1 year under DB we are in better shape moving forward then we were before he took over!

From an on-field perpective, how can it be factual when you don't know how we'll end up in 2 years time? Off-field we don't have a major sponsor.

I Think DB is Doing a Great Job BUT he must teach the young players (and senior players although they should already know) that these Skills & Tackling they have learnt Must be enforced for 100 minutes. Otherwise we will continue to lose. This is the Challenge Ahead For The Whole Football Dept Headed By DB. I want him to succeed.

By what measurements do you say that Bailey is doing a great job?

our skill level has improved out of site in the 2 hit outs thus far. Our attack on the ball and tackling has also been improved. Both of these "competative" skills that DB spoke about so much last year allows us to implement "the game plan" more effectively

And then.....

From an on-field perpective, how can it be factual when you don't know how we'll end up in 2 years time?

But Hang on MO, you asked the question. If you feel it is too early to make any assessment you have just contradicted yourself, why ask that question. If you dislike the coach so much maybe put a photo of him on a dart board! I think you might be clutching at straws here!

Lets look at the facts now, and that is right now, right today because thats all we have.... the club on field under our new coach is better placed then at the point when he took over. His continued use of cliches have in my humble opinion protected the club from negative media pressure that otherwise we would have attracted.

Off-field we don't have a major sponsor.

So we should attack him because we as a club are yet to secure a sponser? <insert comment re dartboard!>

Here's another idea MO, could you pls explain exactly where you would have us now if you were in charge? I'm very interested!

Based on your infinite knowledge of football, how does Man U have access to billiions of dollars? And do you know the history of the club pre Ferguson? Obviously not.

Over the years he has been manager Ferguson has had access to over a billion dollars to buy, recruit and pay the best footballers in the world. Ferguson has been a great manager backed by unrivalled resources. His success is built on bigger landmarks than theatrical tirades

The point I was making about the CJ's case was in response to you nuffies who believe the it enhances the culture of the place for Bailey to belittle a player who had already left the club.

You said "belittling a person in front of his peers is poor management on any level." But you support the public humiliation of Pittman. Hypocrite strike one.

Pittman was still playing, and Blight felt that he needed a rocket. 2 flags in subsequent seasons is terminal damage.

Last I looked CJ was still playing football and Bailey felt he needed a rocket. So where's the difference? Hypocrite strike two.

2 flags in subsequent seasons is terminal damage.

Oh what's that?? The end result justifies the means... Well then it must be OK to belittle a person in front of their peers. Hypocrite Strike 3.and Out......

So Teflon, answer my question, how were Vidmar's comments terminal to the club?

Are you going to answer any of mine? What do you stand for Mo beyond the puffed up pretence of being "in the know"?

You're a sad chip in need of a masochistic shoulder.

My comments about Vidmar are on the record and have been quoted to you by Monty. If Adelaide does not win the A League flag, then Vidmar should be thinking about his career in the future. His public tantrum at elements within the Club wont affect them but have placed a noose around his neck

After their 6-0 wipe out against Victory, did you notice that Vidmar did not attack his players in public for a truly awful and spineless display performance in the two games. Any criticisms were handled maturely and professionally behind closed doors as they should. Its no surprise they got over the Roar as a consequence with such appropriate coaching and counselling.

And given you're big on the responsbility of the coach for outcomes then Vidmar should take the rap if they dont win.

So we should attack him because we as a club are yet to secure a sponser? <insert comment re dartboard!>

Here's another idea MO, could you pls explain exactly where you would have us now if you were in charge? I'm very interested!

I'm also holding Bailey responsible for climate change as well.

3-19, you can't include pre-season

Good pick up. That's the way 45h, keep 'em on their toes.

P.S. Whelan played ok in parts on Saturday.

I'm also holding Bailey responsible for climate change as well.

Global warming no doubt.

Over the years he has been manager Ferguson has had access to over a billion dollars to buy, recruit and pay the best footballers in the world. Ferguson has been a great manager backed by unrivalled resources. His success is built on bigger landmarks than theatrical tirades

Since you are such an expert on Man U., name all the high priced recruits that played in the 1999 Champions League win? Ferguson had achieved success as a manager well before the chequebook ruled the EPL, and built success through their youth academy and home grown players like Beckham, Scholes, Neville and Butt. As a Man City supporter since 1977, I hate Man U with a passion, but I have begrudging respect for Ferguson.

And you are the moron who suggests that public tirades are terminal to a club. Whilst I think it's poor man management to publicly berate player, there is no evidence to support your argument that it's terminal to a club.

As I said, if Vidmar is sacked, it's a poor reflection on the AUFC administration, and not Vidmar.

And stop trying to be the intellect that you are not with gems like "You're a sad chip in need of a masochistic shoulder."

Since you are such an expert on Man U., name all the high priced recruits that played in the 1999 Champions League win? Ferguson had achieved success as a manager well before the chequebook ruled the EPL, and built success through their youth academy and home grown players like Beckham, Scholes, Neville and Butt. As a Man City supporter since 1977, I hate Man U with a passion, but I have begrudging respect for Ferguson.

And you are the moron who suggests that public tirades are terminal to a club. Whilst I think it's poor man management to publicly berate player, there is no evidence to support your argument that it's terminal to a club.

As I said, if Vidmar is sacked, it's a poor reflection on the AUFC administration, and not Vidmar.

And stop trying to be the intellect that you are not with gems like "You're a sad chip in need of a masochistic shoulder."

Vidmar Had The Balls to Say Something. I applaud Him For that. Its Other Cancerous Types in the Background who need to be gotten rid of. Time will tell whether they make the right decision, as it is Adelaide i don't really care! But

Vidmar does not deserve to lose his job.

Good pick up. That's the way 45h, keep 'em on their toes.

P.S. Whelan played ok in parts on Saturday.

That's it mate!

Yeah he was alright, love his attack on the footy though.

That moment when Brown was running at the footy and stopped to see Whelan flying in from the other direction to dive and take the footy before handballing it on was half the reason i fell in love :wub: ...... Just to say this, you wouldn't like to sit near me at a game when he gets near the ball :lol:

Based on your infinite knowledge of football, how does Man U have access to billiions of dollars? And do you know the history of the club pre Ferguson? Obviously not.

The point I was making about the CJ's case was in response to you nuffies who believe the it enhances the culture of the place for Bailey to belittle a player who had already left the club.

Pittman was still playing, and Blight felt that he needed a rocket. 2 flags in subsequent seasons is terminal damage.

So Teflon, answer my question, how were Vidmar's comments terminal to the club?

Who is CJ and who cares the past is the past move on I am glad he gave him a serve shows DB has passion for the club and his plans stuff political correctness.

Bailey is starting his second season in the toughest and most scruitinised competition in the country

He ISNT in a position like Alan Joyce was at Hawthorn and cannot do anything but rebuild which will mean turning over players and building a team to carry out his game plan

Even in this second season he will face inconsistent performances

His third year will be the real test in my opinion

Give the guy a go till then

I liken Alex Fergurson to playing the soccer game Premier Manager with the money cheat ON

Put a salary cap on the EPL and lets see how good he is then

I liken Alex Fergurson to playing the soccer game Premier Manager with the money cheat ON

Put a salary cap on the EPL and lets see how good he is then

You're as knowledgable as Rhino. Ferguson made his name as a manager during his time at Aberdeen, in a league that's usually dominated by Rangers and Celtic.

I dont have to Mo because its common knowledge that Man U have bought success through huge transfer and payments for recruits over a number of years. Your hatred of something blinds your judgement yet again.

The target of Vidmar's tirade was elements in the Club not the Club. I have addressed that point.His outburst has only made those who decide his fate direct his fate. Its a pity as there may some truth in what he said. However his choice to make a heat of the moment outburst without forethought has left him sanctioned by FFA and with a rope around his coaching neck. Adelaide may bring about their problems. Vidmar only created his own problems and solved none of the Clubs

If they lose the GF after losing the SF badly 6-0 does not the responsibility for performance reside with the coach in your eyes.

If it isn't a coach's directive, then he isn't getting his message through to the offending players. Either way, the responsibility lies with the coach.

Now what do you stand for Mo?

Its the way you come across on the site.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
While blind freddie would recognise the inherited list wreckage. woeful lack of training facilities and resources and the appalling off field dramas that Bailey had to contend with last year, there needs to be signs that there are improvements in some of the younger players and the side as a whole otherwise the heat in the kitchen will rise for him quickly.

I actually reckon that the kids are the ones putting their hands up. It seems to be the more established players that are content with a 80-90% game. But that has been covered in different threads. Turning up the heat while in the midst of rebuilding will just leave the kids struggling to understand a different play style each week as he tries to please people with short term gain over a planned rebuild.

You're as knowledgable as Rhino. Ferguson made his name as a manager during his time at Aberdeen, in a league that's usually dominated by Rangers and Celtic.

Martin O Neils record was better at Wycombe than Fergurson,s and when he got to the big time he found DOLLARS MATTERS

Your picking on the wrong guy to give an english football history lesson to

You dont like Bailey we all know that and thats your right

Ponders what Fergurson would have done different to Bailey in 2008

Judd , Brown , Franklin , Ablett and throw in Pavlich and Cox and most important a handful of brown paper bags

Martin O Neils record was better at Wycombe than Fergurson,s and when he got to the big time he found DOLLARS MATTERS

Your picking on the wrong guy to give an english football history lesson to

You dont like Bailey we all know that and thats your right

Ponders what Fergurson would have done different to Bailey in 2008

Judd , Brown , Franklin , Ablett and throw in Pavlich and Cox and most important a handful of brown paper bags

At least Ferguson has been able to attract players to Man U. Now let's see, under Bailey we've given powerpoint displays to Judd, Warnock, Prismall and Meesen, and guess who we ended up with?

I'm a long suffering Man City supporter, and I can assure you, under Mark Hughes, dollars haven't mattered.

At least Ferguson has been able to attract players to Man U. Now let's see, under Bailey we've given powerpoint displays to Judd, Warnock, Prismall and Meesen, and guess who we ended up with?

I'm a long suffering Man City supporter, and I can assure you, under Mark Hughes, dollars haven't mattered.

Yeah... Bailey was the reason we didn't get Judd...

What sh!t.

Bailey is going to get a fair shot at building and guiding this list no matter the amount of reflective whining.

Ahh yeah they have had a similar path to our Demons havent they

Canaries fan myself and staring relegation in the face again :(