Colin Sylvia- Complaints, Congratulations and Comments

Don24

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very, very good game. Now we need to seem him do it again next week.

There's no doubt Colin has bucket loads of talent however consistency is and had always been his issue.

Brilliant game today, those goals from outside 50, well only very special players can do that.

After listening to Terry Wallace after the game I think he was not given as much space in the second half.

Great game still Col.

Daniel jackson, Richmonds best tagger, was moved on to him.

A big nod for Sylvia.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Id love to win 10 games and to see Colin reach his potential, that win 3 games and get pick 1 and 2.

Sylvia will be a superstar.

Yes its taken a while, but it is about to happen.

Enjoy.

6 days ago, YM said i will never pump his tyres up again, your the worst judge in australia. :lol:.

6 days ago, YM said i will never pump his tyres up again, your the worst judge in australia. :lol:.

Am I?

I have stuck with him from the start, when everyone else jumped off.

Think before you type, young fella.

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Am I?

I have stuck with him from the start, when everyone else jumped off.

Think before you type, young fella.

your a tool young fella, read last sundays thread champ, anyway glad to see everyone so happy, go demons.

Good game from Col. Bailey spoke of him taking the game on and kicking goals pre-match. Unfortunately he's still very poor in close. When in the clinches he doesn't have clean disposal which is what makes the best in the game stand out. Still, it was an improved performance. Though nothing to get carried away by. It should be the norm.

In fact, I'd expect better as the norm.

is it just me but when Col plays well so does the team? Should he get his act together consistantly he will be a great player in a great team. But it is all up to him!

World's biggest tease.

Played one sensational quarter then disappeared. Like Melbourne, needs to learn that a game goes for FOUR quarters, not one!

Jaded i AGREE TOTALLY with you one qtr does n ot keep you on a list nor makes one earn team otes yes he did play a blinder for 10 mins but did go missing at times however i would loe to see this guy show his potential and stop living on being a first round draft pick as he will quickly fade

Slyvia- big 2nd q. a dozen possies, 4 marks, 2 gls.. 18 more games like this col! ..(5 gls up.. Carn Dees..)

I knew this would happen.

Dont forget people, that we just played a pathetic Richmond..and I mean PATHETIC!!!

The Dees played with alot of intensity today and the 2nd efforts I thought were fantastic. But our skills were still pretty woeful, and this was reflected perfectly in Col.

I really hope that he can strong some qrts together like that again next week, and maybe we can continue on our way with the win today, but Col is still Col. A good game against an average (at best) side doesnt change that.

PLEASE COL, PROVE ME WRONG!

I just want to add that I thought Colin Sylvia's forward pressure and tackling was first rate today, particularly in the first half. Remember this is what he was drafted for and he was revered at U18 level for his attacks on the ball. I can recall clearly one incident on our half forward line where he tackled and put his body in. We scored a goal through Brad Miller but I turned to my mate who is also a Melbourne supporter and said " That was because of Colin Sylvia". I am pleased to say that it wads the first time since Colin has been at our club that I have uttered those words. Those two goals from outside 50 were fantastic as he obviously thought what the hell and both kicks cleared the fence and were so important for us.I thought his presence round the ball even though it faded a little was really important for us just to compliment Beamer a little bit in that area. I really think Colin looks better when he plays on the ball rathe than as a half forward.

I just want to add that I thought Colin Sylvia's forward pressure and tackling was first rate today, particularly in the first half. Remember this is what he was drafted for and he was revered at U18 level for his attacks on the ball. I can recall clearly one incident on our half forward line where he tackled and put his body in. We scored a goal through Brad Miller but I turned to my mate who is also a Melbourne supporter and said " That was because of Colin Sylvia". I am pleased to say that it wads the first time since Colin has been at our club that I have uttered those words. Those two goals from outside 50 were fantastic as he obviously thought what the hell and both kicks cleared the fence and were so important for us.I thought his presence round the ball even though it faded a little was really important for us just to compliment Beamer a little bit in that area. I really think Colin looks better when he plays on the ball rathe than as a half forward.

He played well.

But can't you just add to the thread about Sylvia?

I sound like a d!ck but, it helps organise the ever rambling thoughts of the members of this board.

Sylvia played 1 great 1/4, and 2 decent 1/4's. Bailey in his press conference said kicking the 2 goals from outside 50 was important, and getting a couple of hard-ball gets, but he was no better that any other player; "he needs to build on that".

What does he need to do? Play 4 1/4's out (he ran out of gas early today, despite having a full pre-season). Play consistently over weeks. Simple :lol:

I for one, need convincing.

I thought Col was terrific today..........I watched him a fair bit during the game, and he does look like he struggled to run out the game.

But some of his vision and passing to teammates was very good, and the two goals on the run were great to watch.

Would love to see more of the same in the coming weeks!

Col was good today. And yes it was only against Richomd who were almost Freo like.

He has a strong body, is physical, can run and carry, and, as we saw today he can kick a beautiful short pass and slot it home on the run from outside 50.

His challenge is of course to get more of it so he can use his kicking skills more.

He is just one of those players around these parts who could win the Norm Smith in a Premiership wnning team and still have his doubters.

He's not as skilled as a Gary Ablett, or Luke Hodge, but his football skills are better than most of the players on our list. Plenty of times I have seen him take strong overhead marks, kick long range goals, deliver lace out passes etc. The guy has the ability to play the game better than nearly all of our players. He simply does have talent.

Have I seen it as oftern as we would all like..............of course not!

And looking at plenty of the other posts many agree he has talent.........what we can all agree on is we simply don't see it enough.

I don't recall him being called a champion either. Pick 3 comes with no guarentees. Plenty of ordinary footballers have been top draft picks, and never reached their potential.

Most of the vitriol towards Col seems to be about him being such a high pick and not delivering to that expectation........I can understand that, but we have to face the possibilty that it will never eventuate, and he may end up just being an average footballer.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the talent point. I think we can both agree that we would like to seen him deliver on his potential a lot more than what we currently

well let's use one simple test. In all the games he's played how manty brownlow votes has he accumulated? Zero?Surely not. And what's the highest he's come in the Club's Band F--not in the first 12 I believe.And he played most games last year

Something odd here1

RICHMOND v MELBOURNE

Michael Gleeson

Colin Sylvia (Melbourne) 8

Joel Bowden (Richmond) 7

Aaron Davey (Melbourne) 7

Matthew Richardson (Richmond) 6

Paul Johnson (Melbourne) 6

The Age votes

MAIN MEN COLIN Sylvia — who finished with 19 touches — wasn't Melbourne's most prolific ball winner yesterday, but he was undoubtedly his team's most influential player. His second term was a match highlight.

RICHMOND v MELBOURNE

Michael Gleeson

Joel Bowden (Richmond) 7

The Age votes

if so, it's ridiculous! Watch it again as often as you like, Sylvia after half time was orinary. And to get twice caught in the last quarter, and give the ball away, was inexcusable. I loved his first half, I'm not going to knock him but he wasn't B o G

RICHMOND v MELBOURNE

Michael Gleeson

Joel Bowden (Richmond) 7

The Age votes

Sylvia aside, Bowden is absurd. Running around loose man deep in defence? 25 handball receives, 2 contested possessions (that's NOT hard ball gets)? Junk time from start to end - says ALL there is bad about the tiges. And he gets 7 /10 votes? Just a joke.

Richo was easily worth 7 or more, and there were plenty ahead of Johnson in the MFC.

These votes are a joke, Sylvia included.

Y_M - thought you weren't pumping Silver's tyres any more. Sigh. Here we go again. :wacko: Oh, and yeah, Bruce was crap :lol: - should go back to casey 2's. Just thought I'd save you the trouble. ;)

Y_M - thought you weren't pumping Silver's tyres any more. Sigh. Here we go again. :wacko:

He deserves it.

Today he showed your lovechild, number 32, how to use the footy and impact a game.

I have backed Sylvia all the way through, and now that he is going to explode I will be letting you and everyone else know about it.