Thursday 5 February, 2009

AGM commences at 7 pm

Information session commences at 7.30 pm

Anyone going?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unable to attend ...other committments.. Trust some good feedback will appear here..and thanks in advance :)

I'm seriously considering to go. Although, I wanted to check if you had to be a MFC member for 2009 yet? I'm still currently a 2008 member as I traditionally buy my MFC membership (with the rest of the family) during Round 1 of the AFL season.

I'm sure the big question on everybody's lips at the AGM will be WHEN are we going to sign up our major sponsor? :blink:

I'm seriously considering to go. Although, I wanted to check if you had to be a MFC member for 2009 yet? I'm still currently a 2008 member as I traditionally buy my MFC membership (with the rest of the family) during Round 1 of the AFL season.

I'm sure the big question on everybody's lips at the AGM will be WHEN are we going to sign up our major sponsor? :blink:

THe MFC site says that you have to bring either a 2008 or 2009 membership card to gain admittance.

Anyone got any idea when it will end..?

rang the club yesterday...AGM at 7pm. Info session at 7.30 for approx 2 hours.

I'm hoping to go , but worried where to park.( limited parking) Being a female, not too keen on train travel at night !!!!

I'm hoping to go , but worried where to park.( limited parking) Being a female, not too keen on train travel at night !!!!

There are car parks on Flinders St (near Fed Square).

Otherwise you could drive around and try and find some non-permit street parking (ie. north of the 'G or opposite side of Punt Rd).

yes i will be there if club cant get sponsor then mybe demonland mem bers can put 100 dollars together raise 1 mill and be the major sponsor

Just finished with the introductions. Jimmy giving report. When he met Demetriou was told club stood for very little and was quite scathing about the club. Talking about aims - stabilize club, reduce debt & find CEO, find training base (signed affiliation agreement with Casey Scorps -will sign deal with Casey council soon) & unite the club. Our objective is to get in the black. No sponsor but moving closer. Rebuild relationships with MCC & AFL. Need to give the coach the best opportunity to develop its team, Finally, the need to build the club in the long term.

Just finished with the introductions. Jimmy giving report. When he met Demetriou was told club stood for very little and was quite scathing about the club. Talking about aims - stabilize club, reduce debt & find CEO, find training base (signed affiliation agreement with Casey Scorps -will sign deal with Casey council soon) & unite the club. Our objective is to get in the black. No sponsor but moving closer. Rebuild relationships with MCC & AFL. Need to give the coach the best opportunity to develop its team, Finally, the need to build the club in the long term.

Ralph Lawrie of the Ballarat Demons is the club volunteer of the year.

Going through financial reports now. Expect to break even in '09 but this depends on us securing a sponsor. The report was well delivered by a director with a nice, dry sense of humour and you almost forgot that the club was just about stuffed broke.

A question was asked about how close we were to getting a sponsor. Jimmy said we are dealing with a number of options and is confident we will secure a sponsor by the start of the season. He had a list of companies we were speaking to about sponsorships (but didn't divulge who) and said we wouldn't be selling the club short and were looking for a good fit for the club. He was dismissive of the reports in today's papers that Paul McNamee had been close to securing two sponsors when he was at Wimbledon this year.

A new member set a new standard for question time by asking what the club was doing to encourage wealthy members to leave it bequests in their wills. The club is actually working on something in regard to this. The questioner (who had a central European accent?) had another crack at a question, this time about social facilities an area where we've struggled because we've moved our bases so much. It's an area now being looked at more closely.

Dean Bailey said there was not much to talk about last year. However, straight after round 22 we started working on the next year to engage our players in rebuilding. We had some new personnel helping get the list healthy and fit since 13 October. Casey is a great venue for training and so much better than what we had to put up with last year. The sessions are more intense, longer and of better quality. Unlike last year when we had several players injured, this year only Mark Jamar (toe), Robbo (Achilles), Addam Maric (hip) & more recently Wheats (calf) are the only injuries. There are a lot of improvers from the skipper down. The improvement is across all players. Apart from J Mac he mentioned James Frawley (+3kg) and Aussie as being impressive. But of course, it’s the games themselves that will determine how much we've improved. The players have been worked hard and are very well of the expectations to succeed.

Thanks WJ.

Any questions about the clash jumper and the possibility of bringing back the blood red and darker blue from the 1950's?

No, not mentioned yet. They've just played a DVD of highlights of the club's draftees. Chris Connolly has just introduced Jack Watts, Sam Blease and Rohan Bail. JW is a real personality. Now introducing James Strauss. CC is a real comedian. Talking about the high numbers handed out to him and Blease. Jack and Sam are completing secondary school this year and members should understand that while their development won't be held back their schooling is important and will limit their prospects of appearing at the highest level. I sense the expectation is that most of the newbies will spend a lot of 2009 at Casey. Fields.

CC said the Aboriginal players were all at an indigenous players programme in Darwin ATM and that the All Stars wanted Jamie Bennell but DB not in favour of this because it's too early. Neville Jetta's mum has told CC that she's tossing in her job and driving to Melbourne next month warning him to look after her otherwise she might end up camped on his front lawn.