WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - NEVILLE JETTA

Demonland

It's such a shame that s bit like Jonesy, Nev's best form is a few years behind him at the time the team has been most successful.  Though like Jones he will almost certainly miss out on Saturday night, like Jonesy I'm sure he will revel in the sucess of the team as a whole and can be more than proud of the part he has played in the journey for us to get where we are.  I think he'll also be particularly happy for Kossie as I get the sense that there is a strong bond between those two guys and that Nev has been quite influential with the mentoring and support he has provided for Kossie.

• Like 2

Absolute champ I think he will retire at the end of the year. Thank you for your service Lord Nev in my top 50 Melbourne players I have seen.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Win4theAges said:

Jones and Nev are ingrained in our club culture and its important that they are found roles if they wish to accept the clubs invitation.

I hope the CLUB makes those invitations.

These are the people you need when building your football club. It goes beyond the basic mechanics of training hard and rocking up. It's these people with real character that help you form your culture as a club and the values you want to promote. 

From all accounts Neville does way more than even most good samaritans in the community and when it's all said and done I'll think of him for the person he is just as much as the amazing footballer. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, layzie said:

These are the people you need when building your football club. It goes beyond the basic mechanics of training hard and rocking up. It's these people with real character that help you form your culture as a club and the values you want to promote. 

From all accounts Neville does way more than even most good samaritans in the community and when it's all said and done I'll think of him for the person he is just as much as the amazing footballer. 

Couldn't agree more Layzie, Nev does so much extra work behind the scenes and is so generous with his time. Plays a big leadership role in general as well with the indigenous players. An absolutely ripper bloke with an amazing family behind him. From my short stint in the club I was most impressed with him, the utmost professional. 

• Like 3

An absolute gem of a player & clubman. Got himself back after delisting and was definitely the best small defender &team man for years. Has left nothing behind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dimmy said:

An absolute gem of a player & clubman. Got himself back after delisting and was definitely the best small defender &team man for years. Has left nothing behind.

One of a number on whose shoulders the club's culture and reputation has been built.

A lifetime legacy.

Champion 

• Like 1

An absolute hero for our club and a worthy role model for every young supporter and player.

It’s scary to think how close we came to losing him from football and what we would have all missed out on.

A all time favourite.

• Like 1

One of my all time favourites. 
I remember way back when he and Bennell were being written off, I could see something in Nev, and absolutely loved the career he carved after getting rookied. 

As CB said. Should’ve been AA. If they actually picked lock down defenders. 

That last quarter he played a against Carlton a few years back, winning one on ones all over the place then the n in the final seconds v Kade Simpson. The height of his powers. 

Surely he stays on in some capacity. 

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.