Green still a Demon

Redleg

God guys I know it is the hot thing to do right now but there is no need for us to not want our best player and possible captain just because he is 27...

The kids won't be developed well if we get pumped weekly...

i recall Hawthorn getting flogging after flogging for the past 4 - 5 years. That hasnt hindered there kids development. A rebuild is a rebuild. We need to be strict and meticulous with this.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oracle

I have no more proof than any other monkey other than what I have been told which has come directly from the man himself. I can assure you that whatever the paper says or people claim Brad Green has not signed. Issue isn't money but length of contract as is commonly aware. Has been made offers by a few clubs Carlton confirmed, unconfirmed Saints and Dons. Wants to stay at the Dee's so a deal should get done.

Has been made offers by a few clubs Carlton confirmed, unconfirmed Saints and Dons.

Interesting that these clubs would table offers, I can understand saints and carlton, Dons a wierd one.

Also good that he has said he wants to stay, I would be a little bit worried if he felt the need to jump ship.

well.... thats that then ..lol

A little disappointed we again buckled to a 3 year demand. :rolleyes: Still looks like its all over bar the shouting..or is that shouting the bar !! :D

I have no more proof than any other monkey other than what I have been told which has come directly from the man himself. I can assure you that whatever the paper says or people claim Brad Green has not signed. Issue isn't money but length of contract as is commonly aware. Has been made offers by a few clubs Carlton confirmed, unconfirmed Saints and Dons. Wants to stay at the Dee's so a deal should get done.

Figures. The club will announce any signing, I would have thought.

No offense Mr. Oracle but you and I are different people.

Just want the people out there to know that I'm the original one but I don't know the man himself and I have no doubt Brad Green will be a Demon for life in the very near future and rightly so!

Guest Oracle
No offense Mr. Oracle but you and I are different people.

Just want the people out there to know that I'm the original one but I don't know the man himself and I have no doubt Brad Green will be a Demon for life in the very near future and rightly so!

Right you are but the name needs to be reflective of the information provided, otherwise you are an Oracle of lies or nothing.

You've gotta love people's ridiculously over-inflated views of what players get paid. If Bell was on even a third of that I'd be surprised.

:rolleyes: Doesn't stop them from stating it like it's fact.

Bruce has gone from 400K to 700K as the year has progresses.

Bell's suddenly on 300 clicks.

Carroll's now on 400K reaching 500K.

Just quietly i heard Valenti's on 550K, Austin's on 350K and it's disgraceful how MFC won't budge and give Green a pay rise on his already paltry 52K per year.

If the club caves into Brad's 3 year demand I'll be very disappointed. 2 with an option at most. This is not about "youth at all costs" as some claim, this is about the club drawing a line in the sand. No more 3 year contracts for older players. We can't afford a million plus of our salary cap running around for Casey every year. If Brad can't accept that he should be moved on. It's sad and may bring some short term pain, but it is in the long term interests of the club.

i recall Hawthorn getting flogging after flogging for the past 4 - 5 years. That hasnt hindered there kids development. A rebuild is a rebuild. We need to be strict and meticulous with this.

Signing Green for 3 years says to me that the club can't afford to make the tough decisions. 3 years for an average 27 year old is just plain stupid. My worry is that Connolly isn't tough enough to make the good decisions. Green, Bruce, Wheatley will all feature in our sad B&F but they'll never feature in a premeirship and until the club is prepared to offload these types of players this club will go nowhere. If Green becomes Captain it will simply show the football world that MFC are no Demons and no wonder the past admin dropped the name. I really thought we'd play hardball but np, still letting ageing ordinary footballers dictate terms to this struggling club. You would of thought that after watching us get beaten up in the 2000 Grand Final things wouldh've changed, instead we drifted all the way to the bottom, the very bottom. How much clearer does the club need to see it. We are the weakest team in the league and it will stay that way until someone makes the hard calls. Please don't reply that Green is a great playerand a worthy captain because he's an average to good player and a long way from the sort of captain we need right now. Again think Hodge, think Brock - TOUGH

I'm all for the youth policy but if I had to pick ONE PLAYER from the senior group to carry us through it would be Brad Green.

He may not be captain material but his courage is unquestionable, disposal is very good and that is what we want in the young group coming through.

Green is one player who can lead by example and apparently the young players really look up to him.

Cale Morton stated Brad Green as his mentor.

BTW did anyone think 4 yrs ago that a (then) 28 year old Shane Crawford would play in the 2008 GF at 32 ? ;)

I'm all for the youth policy but if I had to pick ONE PLAYER from the senior group to carry us through it would be Brad Green.

He may not be captain material but his courage is unquestionable, disposal is very good and that is what we want in the young group coming through.

Green is one player who can lead by example and apparently the young players really look up to him.

Cale Morton stated Brad Green as his mentor.

BTW did anyone think 4 yrs ago that a (then) 28 year old Shane Crawford would play in the 2008 GF at 32 ? ;)

exactly... all things going to plan, our window will open in about 5 years time, placing Green at 32... he hasn't had many injury problems, there's no reason he couldn't contribute at that age to a premiership side...

I'll be interested to see what happens trade time now, Green was our only real tradeable for a good pick.

I just hope we give this rebuild a good go. The club isn't going well, I dont think we will be able to survive another rebuild in 6 years time.

Another top 20 pick would have been really nice. Then again, I doubt we would have got it for him.

I am glad greeny has been inked up. That gives us one player that knows what he is doing. I have no problems giving him a 3 year deal, he has earnt every year on the deal and that is a fact. His trade value is high, but even for a top 30 pick that may not prove to e a good move if the pick is a bust.

Good move by the dees with Greeny IMO.

I'll be interested to see what happens trade time now, Green was our only real tradeable for a good pick.

I just hope we give this rebuild a good go. The club isn't going well, I dont think we will be able to survive another rebuild in 6 years time.

Another top 20 pick would have been really nice. Then again, I doubt we would have got it for him.

i'm with you here mate, but im happy he signed up..yet again though, i reckon we would've easily got a top 20 pick for him. in a better side, green would be a v good player.

Shane Crawford is a is a brownlow winning midfielder not an average half bank flanker - Big difference

Shane Crawford is a is a brownlow winning midfielder not an average half bank flanker - Big difference

So........ what then, do you suppose we will get for an 'average half back flanker' in trade week ????

BTW Green is far better than your 'average half back flanker'.

You name one 'average half back flanker' who can be played forward or on a wing with great effect.

So what if Crawford is a brownlow winning midfielder.

Do you think Hawthorn kept Crawford on the list because of the brownlow medal he won 9 yrs ago ?

So........ what then, do you suppose we will get for an 'average half back flanker' in trade week ????

BTW Green is far better than your 'average half back flanker'.

You name one 'average half back flanker' who can be played forward or on a wing with great effect.

So what if Crawford is a brownlow winning midfielder.

Do you think Hawthorn kept Crawford on the list because of the brownlow medal he won 9 yrs ago ?

Ha, ha, spot on DeeMfc. It's ironic that those who belittle Green, are proposing that we trade him for something valuable. Go figure. :wacko:

Ha, ha, spot on DeeMfc. It's ironic that those who belittle Green, are proposing that we trade him for something valuable. Go figure. :wacko:

I haven't heard barely anyone belittle Green, but to the contrary have praised his year & because of this, recognise his improved value @ the trade table.

It seems your the one who is trying to belittle others opinions, :wacko:, (who want to improve the longer term outlook) by gaining more early picks.

Green is a good but not great player. Don't have a problem with a 3 year deal because Green has been durable and will only be 30 in the third year. Its all about the money. If we were near 100% of the cap this year then we were paying some players way too much. We must not do that again. Simply cannot afford to make that mistake again. The offer to Green should reflect his standing in the game, what do players of similar ability earn. Winning this years BnF counts for very little really.

I haven't heard barely anyone belittle Green, but to the contrary have praised his year & because of this, recognise his improved value @ the trade table.

It seems your the one who is trying to belittle others opinions, :wacko:, (who want to improve the longer term outlook) by gaining more early picks.

"Average half back flanker" is belittling in my view. And I don't believe that trading a good experienced player, with no injury history, for a 2nd round draftee improves our longer term outlook. Playing kids guarantees short term pain, but doesn't guarantee long term success.

If as Demoniac points out, that Green is overpricing himself, that's a different issue.

I think Geelong would love to have Green. A skilled, long kicking left-footer who can play back/forward/mid and tall/short, and with a degree of hardness.

They clearly have a defiency in the forward line.

Would we give up Green for pick 15?

I wouldn't - I want him to stay.