10 Sydney

11 St_Kilda

12 Brisbane

13 P/Adelaide 7 wins

14 Fremantle 6 wins

-----------------------

15 Melbourne 4 wins - priority pick 2 & pick 4

16 W/Coast 4 wins - priority pick 1 & pick 3

Adelaide won't be 4th, Bulldogs unlikely to make third, St Kilda unlikely to finish that far down.

Those teams are just fill, as far as my point is concerned, so i didn't put much insight into that.

What I'm trying to show is where we are likely to be next Year as an indication for our draft strategies, we can plan I believe for a 2 year draft strategy.

We won't rise above 4th bottom next season, so we may as well plan to target the players we need that will go early in these drafts. 2 very strong drafts at our feet.

Also what i'm saying is that we won't be a power team for 4 seasons so we should trade off the 27 year olds now, this season, so we can get the best next year.

Every other team is going to struggle in the 4/5 years after this, (2012/13) will be lean years, except for those teams allready building with quality youth. We have been building since 2003 with good selections & will be in good stead if we pick the class now!

2008---16th

2009---15th

2010---10/11th

2011---7/8th McLean & Sylvia etc wiil be 26ish.

2012---2/3rdish

2013---PREMIERS--GO-DEES!

1. Geelong

2. Hawthorn

3. Collingwood

4. Port Adelaide

5. Western Bulldogs

6. Kangaroos

7. St Kilda

8. Carlton

9. Richmond

10. West Coast

11. Brisbane

12. Fremantle

13. Sydney

14. Essendon

15. Adelaide

16. Melbourne

West coast are a much better outfit than we are.

If anyone is going to bottom out next season, it is going to be the Dees.

That said, may as well bottom out next season, as it is the last season worth doing so. I would HATE to be in the Swannies shoes. They are still a strong side, but a very old side in need of a rebuild in then near future. They may be in the bottom few for a few years given the cream of the crop will be heading north. Hard to top up with average picks.

:o

I didn't think it would get any worse than this year.

I'm confident next year will be worse than this year. We're losing several veteran and experienced players, and replacing them with 18-20 yo's with little to no experience. I'd be surprised if we get more than 2 wins next year.

I'm confident next year will be worse than this year. We're losing several veteran and experienced players, and replacing them with 18-20 yo's with little to no experience. I'd be surprised if we get more than 2 wins next year.

Those veteran and experienced players were lost this year anyway and they have already been replaced.

Dont slash your wrists.

Guest melbman
2013---PREMIERS--GO-DEES!

That's a shame. We will miss out by one year as the Mayan calendar predicts the end in 2012. Oh well, at least we tried

Maybe we could fast track things by one season so we could all go out satisfied we got to see the Dees raise the cup just before the lights went out

I'm confident next year will be worse than this year. We're losing several veteran and experienced players, and replacing them with 18-20 yo's with little to no experience.

I'm not confident. But, I am halfway there.... :unsure: . As Jim has stated, there is a little more pain to come.

I think we will play much better this year, as the players get more used to Bailey's plan and each other.

Whether than translates to more wins we will just have to wait and see

Rank Team

1 Hawthorn

2 Geelong

3 Collingwood

4 Port Adelaide

5 Richmond

6 Fremantle

7 St Kilda

8 Bulldogs

----------------------

9 Carlton

10 Kangaroos

11 West coast

12 Adelaide

13 Sydney

14 Brisbane

-----------------------

15 Essendon

16 Melbourne

That's a shame. We will miss out by one year as the Mayan calendar predicts the end in 2012. Oh well, at least we tried

Maybe we could fast track things by one season so we could all go out satisfied we got to see the Dees raise the cup just before the lights went out

'melbman', from what I've been told of the Mayan calender, they prophecy the end of "old time", then to go into "no time" & then onto the "New Time".

I think they say it's the ending of the Gregorian calender, 2012/13.

Nostradamus suggests, I think that we see the end of roman Catholic era, followed by or during "the time of troubles" or as I think the Bible says, troubled times.

Nostradamus also suggests that we leaving the Male aspect of god & entering or have been entering into the time of "the female aspect of God". Beware the female riding on the back of the 7 headed beast. By the way, hows the american elections going???

He says life goes on for a couple of millenia, as I believe the Mayans suggest.

Isn't it the Bible that suggests, the end of time, maybe the end of catholic (roman time).

Oh contraire :) I seeit as pruning the deadwood. Well if not dead certainly well beyond their best blooms !!

We ought to improve next year. Not by any earth shattering amount but incremental and surefootedly.

maybe no higher than 12th..but certainly upward , well only direction to go now !! hehe

maybe no higher than 12th..

Which 4 clubs are going to be worse than us next year?

I can see a priority 1st round pick on the horizon and then gradual improvement before finally a premiership.

Which 4 clubs are going to be worse than us next year?

I can see a priority 1st round pick on the horizon and then gradual improvement before finally a premiership.

Freo are a basket case. will lose their back up ruckman ;) and not really be at that part of the rejvenation cycle to do much damage.

West Coast will be in rebuild mode.. will struggle next year

Port.. see nothing there to get excited about

Essendon.. very mediocre with not a lot of upside. Will be blooding more kids. Will have punctuated success.

We wont be as bad as many presume. With some of the better brigade to return and a decent preseason under their belts things will improve. Also as the footy dept cut a swaythe through the list..some who ned a kick up the arse will realise..its no plain sailing..they need to perform.

We arent quite so bad..but in teh Keating vernacular.. this was the season we had to have !! :lol:

Freo are a basket case. will lose their back up ruckman ;) and not really be at that part of the rejvenation cycle to do much damage.

West Coast will be in rebuild mode.. will struggle next year

Port.. see nothing there to get excited about

Essendon.. very mediocre with not a lot of upside. Will be blooding more kids. Will have punctuated success.

We wont be as bad as many presume. With some of the better brigade to return and a decent preseason under their belts things will improve. Also as the footy dept cut a swaythe through the list..some who ned a kick up the arse will realise..its no plain sailing..they need to perform.

We arent quite so bad..but in teh Keating vernacular.. this was the season we had to have !! :lol:

We have some talented youngsters, absolutely. But the size and experience of them will keep us at or close to the bottom for another year. Players like Morton, Grimes, Garland, Petterd all need to bulk up. Our midfield needs some pace and class. Our forward line needs a general. I'm confident we're on the right track but next year will probably be much like this year except I think we'll be more competitive in more games. Personally a priority pick if gained without tanking ala Carlton isn't so bad. Hell, we would have earned it!

We have some talented youngsters, absolutely. But the size and experience of them will keep us at or close to the bottom for another year. Players like Morton, Grimes, Garland, Petterd all need to bulk up. Our midfield needs some pace and class. Our forward line needs a general. I'm confident we're on the right track but next year will probably be much like this year except I think we'll be more competitive in more games. Personally a priority pick if gained without tanking ala Carlton isn't so bad. Hell, we would have earned it!

I think next years priority pick is not only not so bad, bad essential to our future.

We need power forwards, these take some time to grow & develope, Watts plays like a mid come forward, non aggressive physically, will stand his ground but wiil be a long time before he splits any packs of grown men.

I think next year we need to be able to grab the likes of John Butcher & Jack Fitzpatrick,,, so,,, I'd be inclined to grab Watts or Rich or even Natinui this year, backed up by quality mids this draft.

Trade of Green & Bruce to sureup the early pick 2009, & hopefully get both John Butcher & Jack Fitzpatrick or the best tall forwards that have emerged '09 draft..

John Butcher has got to be the most fearful, manly name I've heard in a long time. Butcher the Demon Spearhead, grabbing balls and splitting packs . . . I like the sound of that!

Are we getting ahead of ourselves?

so,,, I'd be inclined to grab Watts or Rich or even Natinui this year, backed up by quality mids this draft.

Fair dinkum? Well we have pick 1, I'm sure that will happen :lol:

Trade off Green & Bruce to sureup the early pick 2009, & hopefully get both John Butcher & Jack Fitzpatrick or the best tall forwards that have emerged '09 draft..

That's forward thinking..........

Guest Jack Watts

1 Geelong

2 Hawthorn

3 Sydney

4 Collingwood

5 Richmond

6 Carlton

7 North Melbourne

8 Essendon

----------------------

9 Adelaide