PORT ADELAIDE v MELBOURNE - preview and game thread

Demonland

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt R.Warnock is worth around pick 10 in his true value. Proof---- Cam Wood= pick 14, Jolly= pick 14. Both were young promising back up rucks like Warnock.

I was picking rucks for my Aurion dream team finals hoodger the other day, and I noticed that I didn't want to pick ANY of the ruckmen in the 10 remaining sides that can make finals. The better ruckmen are playing for sides in the bottom of the league (except for Ottens)...

For that reason, I'd be [censored] of we gave up a pick ten in THIS draft for a ruckman who is, so far, only showing potential.

White and Yze typically pathetic, sayonara you old hacks.

Have some respect... Both are great champions of the club and deserve better than to be abused by their so-called fans.

I bet you were one of those tools that dug into Neitz in his last season...

Jones disposal was fine today.

I wasn't judging Jones disposal on today's performance, i am judging it on the whole season.

I think we have accepted that Jones is never going to be the greatest disposer of the ball, but if he can't extract the ball from clearances in the same vain of a Mitchell or Foley, then that's a worry. Now i know that they are two of the best in the game, but Jones is supposed to be our in and under player and that should be what he aspires to. I am yet to shown by him the he will go close to getting to their level.

Cale Morton is the best player at the Melbourne Football Club.

This is both a good and a bad thing.

You are kidding me right going to be a good player when he learns to pass when not under preasure no way is he our best

You are kidding me right going to be a good player when he learns to pass when not under preasure no way is he our best

And right now, at this point in time there is no way he should be......

But there is a hell of a lot to like (more than a lot of his elders) and we hopefully will see that as he matures.

For that reason, I'd be [censored] of we gave up a pick ten in THIS draft for a ruckman who is, so far, only showing potential.

Happy to agree with DD.

I would quite happily pick Watts with Draft pick one and then try to swap 17 and 19 (if thats what we have) for a pick 7/8/9/10 if we can do that deal, to get another quality midfielder who can deliver the ball. I would think there may be takers from Freo or Saints.

If we miss on Warnock in pre-season Im happy to stick with Jamar and PJ who are showing some potential.

Our forward line and midfield are abysmal.

Our ruck are merely agricultural.

Did I really just see Yze yelling at Bartram?

Please tell me I didn't just see the least team-oriented player on the field yelling at Bartram for not handballing to him! :angry: :angry:

Yep, I saw that.

And it wasn't a 'do this thing better by doing it this way' yell either.

Most important pre-seaosn in years is coming up, if you ask me.

Target list-

Bit more body strength across the board - not necessarily creating big green angry monsters, just adding a bit of extra to every player.

Kicking and Handballing skills.

Running hard and to the right spaces in support of a teammate, offensively and defensively.

Or is that stuff just too obvious?

will anyone remember this game in 4 weeks... a small crowd 16th playing 14th in Adelaide... simple answer= no.

What i will remember is this-----

Pick 1, 17, 19 and 35 in the National draft

Pick 1 in the PSD

No doubt R.Warnock is worth around pick 10 in his true value. Proof---- Cam Wood= pick 14, Jolly= pick 14. Both were young promising back up rucks like Warnock.

So essentially...

We will have 4 top 20 picks next year.

Pick 1- Watts--- an absolute certainly to become a super key forward

pick 17 and 19- 2 quick and skilled midfielders... apparently pick 19 in this draft is like pick 12 in previous drafts...

pick 35- best available

pick 1 PSD- R.Warnock--- sets up our ruck for the next 8 years with Warnock and PJ, with Jamar and Spenser in reserve.

I wouldn't be completely against trading for Warnock (under valued)--- perhaps pick 35 + White could get it over the line??? That's better than nothing for freo i reckon....

And then we could use our PSD for the best available uncontracted player...

who knows we could get lucky and nab ourselves a prismall, mundy, thorp or Dowler....?

Thanks Sylvinator.

By the time the final siren was heard today nearly all the optimism was drained out of me.

But your post put a bit of perspective back on things for me and I can now face going to work next week!

PSD Pick 1 should be Cousins.

Cousins only suits a team with a window

we've just got doors.. all closed !! :rolleyes:

Yep, I saw that.

And it wasn't a 'do this thing better by doing it this way' yell either.

Aahh yes, but that may have shown some leadership and we can't have that now ;) !!!

I also find it baffling how demonlanders are so angry that we have crap players yet to get better players we need to lose this game. Its catch 22. We have davey, mclean, robbo, rivers, moloney and paul johnson out of our best team so lets just relax.

You can add to that we had 2 senior players in the team who just would not get a game anywhere else.

This team is on the whole very young, very inexperienced and in some areas lacking the requisite skills and maturity to compete effectively week in and week out.

No one likes the outcomes but we need to understand some of the key issues.

I just want the team to focus and hopefully rebound and beat the Tigers on the last kick of the day next week.

And like some other posters I look forward to the drafting period.

I watched the game on Fox today....I saw Melbourne in the pre season game at Casey Fields against North Melbourne and the skill level was bad...handballing to players under pressure..poor kicking...decision making bad.....

Unfortunately today was like watching a repeat of that match but we're talking 6 months down the track...when you would hope to see improvement in basic areas of the game...

I was really hoping that Melbourne would put up a decent show today...maybe even snatch a suprise win against a side with a very poor home record this year

There is a huge amount of work to do before the D's start that climb up the ladder...it's hard to believe that I think Melbourne finished 7th in 2006...3 games ahead of Geelong......fast forward 18 moths...what a different story...

I watched the game on Fox today....I saw Melbourne in the pre season game at Casey Fields against North Melbourne and the skill level was bad...handballing to players under pressure..poor kicking...decision making bad.....

Unfortunately today was like watching a repeat of that match but we're talking 6 months down the track...when you would hope to see improvement in basic areas of the game...

I was really hoping that Melbourne would put up a decent show today...maybe even snatch a suprise win against a side with a very poor home record this year

There is a huge amount of work to do before the D's start that climb up the ladder...it's hard to believe that I think Melbourne finished 7th in 2006...3 games ahead of Geelong......fast forward 18 moths...what a different story...

even harder to believe that the premiers of 2 years ago scored 1 goal in the last 2 1/2 quarters against us last week and lost by 5 goals. if they were tanking surely you can make it look better than that.

I bet you were one of those tools that dug into Neitz in his last season...

Nope, not once. I go back to 05, check my posts.

Great assumption though, champ.

http://demonland.ugbox.net/forum/index.php...;hl=allegiances

Post #26

White's time has come.

daniel bell is useless

I agree, but The Age had him as our best player... How sad.

Can't say i have ever seen as many tackles not stick in my life. We both lack desire to lay an effective tackle and we are P*SS WEAK!

This was something I noticed last week. It's such a big problem IMO. Too many of our players look scared when they attempt a tackle, and as a result the opponent just runs out of it. We are so soft it's not funny.

That proves that things can turn around quickly. Two seasons is a very long time in football.