We won a game!!!

Bring-Back-Powell

How good does if feel guys!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I've turned the "sarcastic - a - metre" back down to 2.

Sounds like it was one of the worst games in years. But I want to hear positives after such a crap year. Just looking at the stats, it sounds like Morton, Bruce, Wheatley, Buckley, Jones, Mc Donald and Green all had good games. Can people verify this?

We must lose to Port next week so we can go into the Richmond game desperate for a win without the risk of losing our bonus Priority Pick. I'm sure most of you would prefer to beat Richmond in front of the home crowd as opposed to an away game at AAMI

Cheers

BBP

(Diehard Demon in Seattle!!)

[censored] poor form MFC. I dont barrack for MFC for 40 years, pay my money, pay extra in debt demolition, and need to put up with this [censored].

Like last years Carltank game, this was one to lose. We can't win when we want to. And we can't lose when it is necessary to shaft another club.

This is not being critical of the players on the ground. When you're playing you play to win.

This is f'ing [censored] poor effort by the Club and football dept.

You [censored] me!

Steady on champ.

I know what you mean - finally winning when it doesn't count. But we still have another win in the bank before we exceed our PP entitlement, and I'm fairly sure that Bailey and Co have written Port Adelaide off as a loss - purely due our inability to be competitive at the venue.

If we end up winning 5 games, then yes you have a right to be angry.

Chillax dude.

Unless you reckon we'll win both of Port at Aami and Richmond at the 'G, the Priority pick is safe.

And I for one can cope with the idea of finishing the season with three wins, even if it costs us pick 17.

And the idea of finishing the season with more wins in a row than we won over the rest of the year kind of illustrates how likely that is.

[censored] poor effort from a supporter if you complain about winning a game that hasn't even cost us anything.

Positive- maric's first win

Spoken like a true novice supporter.

You new age blokes carp on about draft picks, being a proper knowledgeable supporter, cane us old blokes for not being fair dinkum supporters because we 'may like to keep Bruce, Green etc',

then have the gaul to tell me I'm complaining about a win. FO!

Love Maric, by the way. And you're ok too 45.

So if it's not the players faults, it's the footy department's, how could they have lost the game today against a woeful WC who were nevergoing to win it.

We were never going to lose this game, and it hasn't cost us anything, so i say just take the win and i hope you feel better after Port beat us.

I'll personally enjoy the win because i like seeing my boys get the 4 points, especially when it doesn't cost us anything

And when did i say anything about this "You new age blokes carp on about draft picks, being a proper knowledgeable supporter, cane us old blokes for not being fair dinkum supporters because we 'may like to keep Bruce, Green etc'"

You [censored] me!

..............and comments like this from people who call themselves Melbourne supporters have the same effect on me!

So if it's not the players faults, it's the footy department's, how could they have lost the game today against a woeful WC who were nevergoing to win it.

So you're saying their football department can beat our football department?

That's what you're saying 45. We have a long way to go off the field!

And what you said I said about what you said. Well, no you didn't say that. Sorry readers for that shite.

This is not being critical of the players on the ground. When you're playing you play to win.

This is f'ing [censored] poor effort by the Club and football dept

That is what you wrote, so you're saying it's our football department's "fault" for winning today. How could they have lost the match against a team that never wanted to win it?

You're showing yourself to be pretty clueless.

Spoken like a true novice supporter.

You new age blokes carp on about draft picks, being a proper knowledgeable supporter, cane us old blokes for not being fair dinkum supporters because we 'may like to keep Bruce, Green etc',

then have the gaul to tell me I'm complaining about a win. FO!

Love Maric, by the way. And you're ok too 45.

If you think we're going to win our last three games of this year your either the ultimate optomist, or the ultimate doomsayer. We haven't won in Adelaide even when we're playing well, Port have a MUCH better team than us, they should be higher than they are so i can't see us pulling it out when we've got one of the youngest and most inexperienced side out there.

Once the sirens sounded at AAMI we will have nothing to think or worry about, and Dees Dayz, if you're getting hung up over getting either the no.1 or no.2 draft pick than just need to take a breath and put things in perspective. Very few no.1 draft picks have become bonafide stars, look at Travis.

There was no reason for us to lose, and i'm glad we didn't. We won, i'm happy. If you can't celebrate a win, then drown your sorrows with a fine glass of wiskey!

If you think we're going to win our last three games of this year your either the ultimate optomist, or the ultimate doomsayer. We haven't won in Adelaide even when we're playing well, Port have a MUCH better team than us, they should be higher than they are so i can't see us pulling it out when we've got one of the youngest and most inexperienced side out there.

Once the sirens sounded at AAMI we will have nothing to think or worry about, and Dees Dayz, if you're getting hung up over getting either the no.1 or no.2 draft pick than just need to take a breath and put things in perspective. Very few no.1 draft picks have become bonafide stars, look at Travis.

There was no reason for us to lose, and i'm glad we didn't. We won, i'm happy. If you can't celebrate a win, then drown your sorrows with a fine glass of wiskey!

Thanscks Pates

[censored] poor form MFC. I dont barrack for MFC for 40 years, pay my money, pay extra in debt demolition, and need to put up with this [censored].

Like last years Carltank game, this was one to lose. We can't win when we want to. And we can't lose when it is necessary to shaft another club.

This is f'ing [censored] poor effort by the Club and football dept.

You [censored] me!

You're pathetic! You may as well go somewhere else.

All winning did for us yesterday was going from having pick 18 to having pick 19. Even if you're a fan of tanking for picks, there wasn't a whole lot to gain from a loss from our point of view.

And in the whole scheme of things, winning is more valuable than moving down from 18 to 19. Seriously, anyone who is angry we won today has to get some perspective. We moved from 18 to 19 - big deal! If we were to win the next 2 games that would be a completely different story, but there is no doubt we won more than we lost yesterday.

Guest unstable punt
How good does if feel guys!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I've turned the "sarcastic - a - metre" back down to 2.

Sounds like it was one of the worst games in years. But I want to hear positives after such a crap year. Just looking at the stats, it sounds like Morton, Bruce, Wheatley, Buckley, Jones, Mc Donald and Green all had good games. Can people verify this?

We must lose to Port next week so we can go into the Richmond game desperate for a win without the risk of losing our bonus Priority Pick. I'm sure most of you would prefer to beat Richmond in front of the home crowd as opposed to an away game at AAMI

Cheers

BBP

(Diehard Demon in Seattle!!)

don't think we'll win either of the next 2, we never win in Adelaide and Toygs look okay at the minute

We will not beat Port at AAMI.

But we will break the hearts if all Tiger supporters with a Round 22 win to destroy their Finals dream.

We will not beat Port at AAMI.

But we will break the hearts if all Tiger supporters with a Round 22 win to destroy their Finals dream.

Welcome back, buddy. It'd be good to go out with a win against 9thmond, but they did well today against Tassie.

Welcome back, buddy. It'd be good to go out with a win against 9thmond, but they did well today against Tassie.

Thanks Chook.

We will smash Richmond!

one thing is for sure,

we don't what Jack Watts

He will take too long to develop, still in Year 11 and watched him recently playing for Brighton grammar against Melbourne Grammar, and he got slaughtered..kicked 0 4, and had 5 kicks.

the previous week against the bottom side he struggled.

Naitanui or Rich is our best option, taking Tyron Vickery or the like with our bonus draft pick

one thing is for sure,

we don't what Jack Watts

He will take too long to develop, still in Year 11 and watched him recently playing for Brighton grammar against Melbourne Grammar, and he got slaughtered..kicked 0 4, and had 5 kicks.

Naitanui or Rich is our best option, taking Tyron Vickery or the like with our bonus draft pick

Bad day at the office? Looked superb at the National Championships. Read on the weekend we are meeting with Naitinui in the next couple of weeks as well. Maybe it isn't as clear cut as we thought. No doubt Barry P would have someone watching Watts at every opportunity.

one thing is for sure,

we don't what Jack Watts

I've seen Watts 'live' now 3 times. He's all class. He's fast, moves beautifully, his coach David Dickson at Metro says he's the best mark he's seen at junior level, he has superb kicking skills and at 194cms he's the best mover through traffic you'd hope to see.

Another poster on here that rates his own opinion very highly says that "he's possibly the best decision maker I've seen and that it's virtually impossible to tackle him. Unlike Judd, he doesn't break tackles, his opponents can't lay a hand on him".

The fact that you think he'll take too long to develop and that he had 5 kicks when you saw him means nothing. Some people look for far more important aspects of a footballers makeup when they're judging junior talent. Although I accept that deeper thinking or analysis may well be beyond your current capabilities.