Can we beat Geelong?

H_T

Can we beat Geelong?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree we'll probably flood back and frustrate them and it won't be pretty. But the thing that excites me is what our players can learn from this game. Fantastic opportunity to play the standout team, on the 'G, Friday night, and learn and learn from the experience.

Wonder who we'll play as a target up forward? It's been a shame recently to see all the good work down back and through the centre fizzle because of missing forward targets. But hey, there's been great improvement and real promise. I hope lots of us get along to the 'G and stuff the opening ceremony...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree we'll probably flood back and frustrate them and it won't be pretty. But the thing that excites me is what our players can learn from this game. Fantastic opportunity to play the standout team, on the 'G, Friday night, and learn and learn from the experience.

Wonder who we'll play as a target up forward? It's been a shame recently to see all the good work down back and through the centre fizzle because of missing forward targets. But hey, there's been great improvement and real promise. I hope lots of us get along to the 'G and stuff the opening ceremony...

It has not been Bailey's style to flood and try and kill the game and against sides as good as Geelong they will just pressure you until they crack you open and you end up with a flogging. Bailey will back his players to take the game on and will be wanting accountability and pressure in the centre clearances which has been lacking alot this year.

Hopefully by taking the game the players will back themselves and be rewarded if there disposal is not poor. If we have our usual skill errors and turnovers then Geelong will methodically belt us.

With Miller missing (is he back this well) and Newton giving us little, the lacking of marking options hurts us. I expect they will play Sylvia and Bate forward.

I hope we do ourselves proud and give them a good run for their money.

Given what MFC have shown to date and the way Geelong have dismantled the best put before them, if Geelong actually go at 80% they will burn MFC. MFC might nullify them for a quarter or two but it aint going to be a good standard of footy.

Don't underestimate our boys on a big stage on Friday. If they can keep with them for a half like they did at Skilled, and then put some scoreboard pressure on them somehow? whilst it might appear on paper impossible....you never know...

....have I sold you it, yet?

Don't underestimate our boys on a big stage on Friday. If they can keep with them for a half like they did at Skilled, and then put some scoreboard pressure on them somehow? whilst it might appear on paper impossible....you never know...

Dont overestimate it either. MFC have proven little this year. On form there is daylight between the sides. How the match will be decided is not really in MFC's hands. MFC could win if Geelong rolled over for 4 quarters, the planets line up.........

I'm don't think we'll go out to flood, we might at some stage drop one player back. Sure, if the floodgates open for the Cats we might have to, but I think DB will let the youth go at it one on one for the 1st quarter at least.

Dont overestimate it either. MFC have proven little this year. On form there is daylight between the sides. How the match will be decided is not really in MFC's hands. MFC could win if Geelong rolled over for 4 quarters, the planets line up.........

Tell me, would you like to see Melbourne beat Geelong?

What I would like to happen and what I believe will happen are two different outcomes and I dont confuse them like your good self.

It was a simple question. And you managed to not answer it.

I'll simplify it for you: -

Pick A/ YES

or B/ NO

really the poll should be 100% yes... we can beat Geelong...

they only won by 5 goals down at the cattery earlier in the year, and we gave them a run for their money... it is possible...

do I think we'll beat Geelong? no... what's the line this week?

It's what's called a 'rhetorical question' High Tower.

Either you have no brain or you're just trying to attract attention.

What the? Its a Poll you numb skull! Hardly trying to attract attention by polling Yes or No - Can we beat Geelong?

You fruitcake!

If anyone can do it, it will be us and this week.

We need everyone to be there. Its a huge game for the club.

This is the kind of answer we like to see, well done Grimesy! I wonder if 'Maximum Bob' (aka Numb Skull) can take a leaf out of your book!

I have a gut feeling that the boys will be inspired by the sensational support at the Debt Demolition dinner ..... and they'll be on a mission to reward supporters and members for the faith shown in them and our great Club.

Geelong might be flat, with nothing to gain from thrashing a lowly team .......... and the result may be a lot closer than most people think.

Just occasionally, my gut feelings bear fruit.

C'mon Dees. Go for the jugular!

Can we beat them? Yes.

Will we beat them? Extremely doubtful.

Will we take it to them? I think so.

My prediction: Melbourne to loose by 28 points.

Sylvia to kick 4 goals, Morton to play well and earn the nomination he deserves.

Can we beat them? Yes.

Will we beat them? Extremely doubtful.

Will we take it to them? I think so.

My prediction: Melbourne to loose by 28 points.

Sylvia to kick 4 goals, Morton to play well and earn the nomination he deserves.

I'm new, but I agree with this guy!!!

to knock off geelong would be as close to a finals win the list will get this year

if they want to gain any respect this is where it can be done

The past 24 hours should spur the boys on and have them switched on come 7:05pm Friday.

Like essendon last week, we the MFC will match Geelong for a period of time. The question of "for How long" will determine how close we get. We have some great Talent in this new team, but they have a lot to learn about continuous Mental strength. Norm Smith knew about that stuff 50 years ago. I got a feeling Bailey does too. Watch the game in small segments, its what i did last week. Proved to me that we will have a good team-In 2008 the scoreboard is irrelevant.