What 2 do with Mr Sylvia?

Tolstoys Nudge

Trade him or persevere?  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Give sylvia his time, he still hasn't had a full preseason. Once his injuries are gone, rate him. iF I was the coaching staff, i reckon we should take care of whatever injuries he has and keep him on ice til next years pre season. Theres really no point for him to play,except for experience, considering this year is shot.

He did a full pre season this year. There is no certainty all his injury issues will be gone.

Given how much football he has missed and if he is fit to play, he plays. He needs the experience and to develop the nous to play good consistent football

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him at present.

I agree - earlier in the thread I said we probably wouldn't get what we think he's worth, given his output and injuries.

I was simply replying to a post that intimated a second round pick wouldn't be fair for us :)

Keep him.

He's time will come. We need to be patient with his body and give him the chance at a full pre-season before offloading him.

If we do trade him he will become a superstar at another club.

What was the injury?

*Please don't say groin*

Cerebrum !!! :rolleyes:

Keep him.

He's time will come. We need to be patient with his body and give him the chance at a full pre-season before offloading him.

If we do trade him he will become a superstar at another club.

What like Travis? Did you see him play this week, worse than when he was with us...

I say we put him on notice and scare the crap out of him because that would be the only way to get a player who is too lazy and takes his position for granted to work for his spot.

But he is still better than nothing... i hope :blink:

Getting very thin on this .. this bloke or that bloke is obviously not 100% .. so what..they signup.. they cross the line..they take the money..If they are NOT up to it..dont play..If you play youre up for scrutiny.

Most of Col problems are nothig about whats between his hips..its whats between his ears !! Get rid of him now while he still has currency !!

Thats exactly my current train of thought!

Hes in my side, will prove his worth over time, reminds me so much of Ryan O'Keefe in Sydney, and if he can be as good as him we will all be happy.

The remainder of the year will tell us the direction he is heading. When you put alot in a player you dont want to get rid of them until you are absolutly positive they are no good.

How many players have gone from the club, only to turn out good.

Was surprised to see this weekend that Basset at Crows started with us.

Guest fatty

Was surprised to see this weekend that Basset at Crows started with us.

Given the current list of available players and "where we are at as a club", Sylvia makes the 22.

What I don't understand is the constant, "I'd hate to see him dominate elsewhere". I like seeing exDemons play well at other clubs. For whatever reasons, players that have not been able to shine at the MFC get an opportunity to prove themselves at other clubs. If they thrive in a different environment then good luck to them. But I would never hold onto a player for fear of what he might or might not do at a different club. Its gutless.

(Fact is that he is not going to anyway)

What does it matter if he's no good with us ??

What are we playing...keepings off ??

Youd think anyone with a brain would be playing the best they can right now..as there are only so many spots for next year with as many kids coming on board as drafting will and trade allow. He ought to be looking over his shoulder Big Time ought Col !!

Earlier in the season I would have said trade him, but playing forward I think he's demonstrated he's got a lot of value. I like his competitive nature and would only trade him for a ridiculously good offer.

Having said that I'll be interested to see if he can't iron out some of the more 'individual' habits in his play. Ox made mention of him bouncing the ball after two steps and putting a team mate out of position. It's a pet hate of mine. I know coaches urge players to run and take the game on, but if you're going to bounce the ball, then you absolutely have to hit a team mate and you don't do it after you take two steps.

I know coaches urge players to run and take the game on, but if you're going to bounce the ball, then you absolutely have to hit a team mate and you don't do it after you take two steps.

You've nailed it with the last bit. You can 'run and take the game on' for 15-odd steps before you need to bounce it. Many players bounce the ball almost as a habit - I think Pickett enjoyed bouncing the ball every five steps at times.

IMO, When the development seminars have been happening, or the teaching of team rules and game plan stuff, Col's mind must of been elsewhere......(is that harsh? If that's harsh.....apologies....)

What like Travis? Did you see him play this week, worse than when he was with us...

I say we put him on notice and scare the crap out of him because that would be the only way to get a player who is too lazy and takes his position for granted to work for his spot.

But he is still better than nothing... i hope :blink:

gee travis had a bad game didnt he? everything he touched fell apart...

I think we need to judge him on the rest of the season, not just last week. If DB can turn it around for him, then great. If DB can't get any development out of him then trade him, straight swap for Warnock would be good. Imagine Sylvia running around Tarrants feet! Who knows what would happen more importantly, who knows when!

Lets not forget that this is actually his first season.

The four years under Daniher and Fagan dont counbt, as their player development skills were the worst in the AFL and set us back 5 years.

Colin will be starring by the end of next year, as he now has a coach that knows how to get the best out of his players.

Sylvia HAS the skills.. What he doesnt have is the right attitude. This kid's a leopard ;)

I would only trade him if offered something very enticing. He's starting to show signs of becoming a good footballer for us, it's amazing that his 4 goals v Lions wern't that highly recognised on this site. The best thing about that was that he could do much better.