David Schwarz-isms

titan_uranus

He's the AFL's equivalent of George W. Bush. On yesterday's coverage he said: 'That's one thing about Andrew Welsh. You just can't question his courageousness'

Last week he said: 'He's just a former shadow of himself' (as opposed to a shadow of his former self)

I remember seeing someone's signature here which has Schwarz saying 'On what?' in regards to writing his autobiography.

Any more to add to the collection?

I remember seeing someone's signature here which has Schwarz saying 'On what?' in regards to writing his autobiography?

He might have been suggesting that his life isn't worthy of a book.

No excuse for the others, though :P

This probably isn't quite what you are looking for, but he tipped West Coast to beat Geelong last thursday night saying that WCE would apply good pressure to Geelong.

I don't think I've seen a team apply less pressure in an AFL match in my life.

He's the AFL's equivalent of George W. Bush. On yesterday's coverage he said: 'That's one thing about Andrew Welsh. You just can't question his courageousness'

In Ox's defence courageousness is a proper word describing the quality of being courageous. However I agree, 'you just can't question his courage' would have been better.

the man is a dead set legend, give him a break.

he is a good commentator to listen too aswell, in comparison to some of the shockers getting airtime these days

David Schwartz is the worst commentator I have ever heard in my life.

GL

Try talking into a microphone for hours on end and not saying something stupid. You people are pathetic

The unfortunate point is that he rarely says anything insightful or even interesting to make up for it. He is hands down the most pants special comments man going around right now, and there are some bad ones. Compare him to Nathan Buckley, Jason Dunstall or Garry Lyon. All brilliant special comments men who genuinely give you an innovative take on the game at times.

Just because he was a gun footy player doesn't mean you have to like him as a commentator. Its just not his strong suit.

Buckley, Dunstan and Lyon have a tad too much of the smugs for my liking. The Ox is down to earth and I have enjoyed his rise and rise post football. I like a lot of the individuals and teams on SEN and The Ox ranks high on my list because I admire him. There have always been a mixture of flavours in the footy press. I go back to Charlton, Dyer, Richards, Bietzal (spelling?), Davis, Casey, Williamson and a few of the ABC boys whose names escape me. There have always been clowns (Richards) and less educated formers (Dyer). I prefer to listen to ex-players, and I particularly enjoy listening to ex-MFC players because we haven't had many over the distance. The Ox stocks are on the rise... good luck to him... You can always listen to Rex if you can't stomach my boy!

Yeah... He's no Robert Walls with the annoyingly bad calls, but he does say some silly things...

But I can't hate him. He defends us at every opportunity, despite not having much to get excited about at MFC. And most of all he's worked out the magic formula to being a successful media personality/ex footballer: It's a game, and there is almost no aspect of footy that you CAN'T approach with a sense of humour. Newman and Kekovich have made a pretty penny by realising this fact...

2 minutes in the Ess v Carl game, he said "Carlton have not touched it yet, have not got near it, not even laid a tackle", just after we watch Mcphee getting up from a high tackle.

he must have photos of someone at ch7. he is completely sh1thouse.

he was probably right. the stat sheets dont count every time a player trys to tackle another player, they only count effective tackles that force the player to dispose of the ball or lose possession. if it was a high tackle it wouldnt have counted as one of those.

Try talking into a microphone for hours on end and not saying something stupid. You people are pathetic

Try talking into a microphone for hours on end and not saying something intelligent. It's tough, but Schwarter is the man for the job.

His 'umms' and 'ahhs' are the fitting accompaniment to the worst television broadcasting license ever whored.

I would listen to 10 Schwarz's before I would listen to 1 Malcom Blight.

He is better on radio than TV though for some reason. He clowns it up on radio and is quite funny sometimes. I guess you can't get away with that on TV...

"he was probably right. the stat sheets dont count every time a player trys to tackle another player, they only count effective tackles that force the player to dispose of the ball or lose possession. if it was a high tackle it wouldnt have counted as one of those. "

thats a long bow to draw. I think he just f$cked up.

let's face it, he is not the smartest cookie in the packet and is lucky to be broadcasting. McAvaney must just ignore him in his own mind when he goes to work.

let's face it, he is not the smartest cookie in the packet and is lucky to be broadcasting. McAvaney must just ignore him in his own mind when he goes to work.

Your kidding me right ;) McAvaney only has two stock words...cleeevvvveeer, speeeecialll.

Certified card carrying F*&^wit.

Oh, did I mention I don't like Bruce McAvaney's commentary style. :angry:

Your kidding me right ;) McAvaney only has two stock words...cleeevvvveeer, speeeecialll.

Certified card carrying F*&^wit.

Oh, did I mention I don't like Bruce McAvaney's commentary style. :angry:

McAvaney: "....he can play the boy.." this comment makes me cringe, I need to go to the fridge for a beer every time he says this! :angry:

McAvaney: "....he can play the boy.." this comment makes me cringe, I need to go to the fridge for a beer every time he says this! :angry:

equal best caller in the business with Commetti, as he does not always say the obvious and actually talks tactics and football during a game. Schwartz next to him however, sounds like a punch drunk wannabe commentator who keeps saying "If he thinks he can. blah blah...then he needs to have good hard look at himself", or the most overused phrase by footballers commentating - "Thats an absolute disgrace".