• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

SEN states Moloney out for the year

Neita3000

The same report said that Rivers would miss one week (at best.)

I'm not holding my breath on that one though.

Rivers strained his abdomenal muscles... strange injury... hope it's not code for OP...

as for beamer, not good news, his form had been better... should see Valenti come back into the side to replace him in that inside midfielder role...

gives zomer the opportunity to claim a spot... if he can kick some goals in the sandy 1's there's no reason he can't be promoted and get a game...

if this happens CC did a great job with his rookie drafting last season... would any club have elevated 3 rookies all in the one season before?

AFL.com.au just confirmed it.

Really is such a shame. Beamer whilst starting the season like a headless chook was really coming into some good form and showing plenty of leadership.

AFL.com.au just confirmed it.

Really is such a shame. Beamer whilst starting the season like a headless chook was really coming into some good form and showing plenty of leadership.

Too right, he looked like a bloke who loved playing for his club, and he was showing more every week. I hope the club keeps the faith.

i think he is out of contract at years end.

gotta wonder if he is worth keeping on the list.

I love the guys passion and work ethic and when he is good he's very good.

Unfortunately his constant injuries have him out of the side far too often, and it doesn't look like he is ever going to get a constant run to start producing his best.

no way...keep him on the list...the kid is a legend and bleeds for this club

i have met him a couple of times and he is great, he deserves to get his contract renewed

so now that neits is retired (due to a long term injury)...valenti or presumably wonna can play on

and now that grimes is coming back moloney will allow for valenti/zomer to play

i dont think it is possible for us to promote a third rookie unless we have another LTI

also, a player retiring or getting de-listed mid season doesnt allow a player to get promoted unless i think they were already on the LTI list like neitz

ps good to hear rivers isnt out for tooo long

Good luck to him in getting back.

Does anyone know his contract status? I hope the club keep the faith in him, he wouldnt cost much. Knowing Beamer, he loves Melbourne so much he'd probably play for free (or base salary, i'm sure, rather than go to another club)!

It's such an absolute shame for a great bloke who gives his heart and soul to the club every time he plays. Was certainly starting to show more passion after that quarter time spray DB gave him against Freo, and hasn't looked back. It's a real shame because i felt the continuity he had had over the last 6 weeks was starting to pay off and he was getting closer to full fitness again.

He and Riv have got to be two of the unluckiest players in the league with regard to injury.

I know this will sound callous..but you have to wonder in overall terms what value some players are. Please spare me the hysteriscs of, he bleeds red and blue, what an inspiration , what a this and that. The reality IS he's been out of action as long as hes been in action. He reflects poor return for investment.

Some no doubt already sharpening the knife . How dare I put things in such context.

Well wake up and smell the flowers people , this the ONLY context you apply!!

I actually quite like Beamer as a player. He has guts and despite a sorta one dimensionality about his play he does put in. But the reality is if he's only available 50% of the time.. I question keeping him.

I will lay exactly tghe same criteria ar Jared's feet.

No one wants to make the hard calls.. its alltoo mushy.. But that just flies in teh face of practicalities.

Injured players quite frankly are worth NOTHING going forward. Thats just life..

now..line up in orderly fashion over there >>>>>>>>>>

Beamer really showed just what he is made of after receiving a massive spray from Dean Bailey at quarter time of the Freo game.

Since that moment on, he has played great footy and has pretty much eliminated the low percentage long kick to no mans land from his game.

it tells me that Beamer is a quick learner, and also tells me thank God we got Dean Bailey.

i dont think it is possible for us to promote a third rookie unless we have another LTI

Moloney, Neitz and Robertson make three. If Zomer plays well enough for Sandy we may as well promote him too. Both Valenti and Wonaeamirri have shown plenty.

It'd hardly be the first time that a Club hadn't provided true and correct info re: a player's injury...

I find it unlikely that they'd say he has an abdomen injury if it's anything other than an abdomen injury though, it seems a little too specific. Usually if they're playing funny buggers it'll say something ambiguous like "groin", "hamstring" or in Newton's case, nothing at all.

I find it unlikely that they'd say he has an abdomen injury if it's anything other than an abdomen injury though, it seems a little too specific. Usually if they're playing funny buggers it'll say something ambiguous like "groin", "hamstring" or in Newton's case, nothing at all.

He had a hip injury a couple of weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Moloney should be put on the long term injury list for this year (Hant he been there before?) and they should elevated Grimes off the LT injury list.

At seasons end they wont delist Moloney. He is not tradeable but his future contract terms are negotiable.

The pleasing thing that i have noticed in recent weeks with moloney is the fact that he has started to lower his eyes.............we all know that he can kick the thing a mile.............but maybe it's just me but i think the fact that he was running into good form was because he started kicking it to our guys advantage rather than a 65m kick to no where.

Hopefully he can always keep that booming kick up his sleeeve. Hopefully he can continue to develop his radar. Hopefully he can get fit.

However should he not.. a hard call simply has to be made. Unpleasant yes.. pragmatic yes.. palatable ..NO

We cant be a team any more of the walking wounded. The upset to the team dynamics is far too important to have so many players constantly on the doubtful list.

The brutal reality is players are our assetts, they need to be out their working not taking up hospital space.

edit ..hopefully he's all mended in time to put in a solid preseason.

My preference is to have him.. my comments above are just about facing realities should he ( and others ) not come up to speeed.

He's too young to be written off due to constant injury IMO. As RR said, his contract terms will be more negotiable now.

Semi-related note: Someone said he grew up supporting Melbourne (I didn't know that). At the 150 dinner Saturday night he looked like a kid in a candy store around all the ex-players, getting autographs etc.

Get well soon Beamer!

Maybe you're right - I hope so.