The HUN 3/6/08 Page 84

Guest Peter Griffin

Guest MFC4Life
Thank you, My mate sent me a text this morning asking if I was condemned 84 (figuring it could only be me) and saying that I had a quote in the paper, I will be signing autographs at big W highpoint from 3pm today. :)

Yes you are correct, apologies about leaving the 84 out.

In light of the fact that we have to wear a away jumper for 2 years you would think that it would be in the clubs interest to come up with a few design and maybe place them on a site that we can go to and comment on which we like best etc, surely they want a jumper that

A. looks good and is a jumper that does not clash with the other darker coloured jumpers

B. The fans would be willing to purchase, if you have an away jumper and it looks good then people will be willing to buy them and that would generate more money for the club,

times like this the club needs to listen and consult with its members and supporters not some stiff twats who come up with these hideous designs, seriously who ever designed this would not be a Melbourne supporter.

seriously who ever designed this would not be a Melbourne supporter.

agreed but somebody at the club obviously gave it the tick of approval.

Also McNammee saying we are stuck with it is a cop out IMO. The AFL changed the interchange rules in the space of a couple weeks. Surely if we presented the AFL with an alternative (like reverse the colours or the royal blue version) they would allow us to change.

There has to be some flexibility surely? Also glad Garry criticised it and a touch of arrogance from Gaz 'we don't want to see it again'.

They had a survey that they sent out to members asking them what they wanted in the away jumper. The survey was a crock in that they gave you a set of horrible choices that led you to selecting the only colour that was in anyway liveable with - silver.

I got another survey from them last night and they are up to their old tricks again; they give you three options, none of which you want, and you cannot proceed until you select one. They will then come out with their platitudes that say the outcomes that they give us are a result of member feedback.

They had a survey that they sent out to members asking them what they wanted in the away jumper. The survey was a crock in that they gave you a set of horrible choices that led you to selecting the only colour that was in anyway liveable with - silver.

I got another survey from them last night and they are up to their old tricks again; they give you three options, none of which you want, and you cannot proceed until you select one. They will then come out with their platitudes that say the outcomes that they give us are a result of member feedback.

Long wasn't it! :o But got the impression that it was designed by the AFL to then be distributed by the clubs.

Like you, I voted silver. The jumper v St. Kilda was a disgrace, and was probably more of a clash than we'd have had otherwise - certainly more of a clash than if we'd worn dark shorts and St. Kilda the white shorts. Frustrating.

Anything interesting with the new survey? I didn't get one this time.

Also McNammee saying we are stuck with it is a cop out IMO. The AFL changed the interchange rules in the space of a couple weeks. Surely if we presented the AFL with an alternative (like reverse the colours or the royal blue version) they would allow us to change.

There has to be some flexibility surely? Also glad Garry criticised it and a touch of arrogance from Gaz 'we don't want to see it again'.

Agree - why do we have to stick with it for another year - surely the competition will not come to a grinding halt if it is changed - who cares !! And I repeat my question from yesterday - who on earth came up with it in the first place ??

Is that the membership one where concession members only get 3 questions but full members do the full survey? Or a different one?

Agree - why do we have to stick with it for another year - surely the competition will not come to a grinding halt if it is changed - who cares !! And I repeat my question from yesterday - who on earth came up with it in the first place ??

It seems to me that this is a commercial thing so the manufacturers wouldn't be too pleased about having a clash jumper that's not going to sell anyway because the members think its [censored].

Why not do a redesign for the years 09-10 and then everybody should be happy. A simple redesign would probably do the trick. Replace the silver with red and you have an almost all red jumper not that dissimilar to the one we had last year and which wouldn't clash with anyone else. I could live with that because it would be all red and blue.

and whats the bet THAT person is no longer with the club !! ;)

It seems to me that this is a commercial thing so the manufacturers wouldn't be too pleased about having a clash jumper that's not going to sell anyway because the members think its [censored].

Why not do a redesign for the years 09-10 and then everybody should be happy. A simple redesign would probably do the trick. Replace the silver with red and you have an almost all red jumper not that dissimilar to the one we had last year and which wouldn't clash with anyone else. I could live with that because it would be all red and blue.

BINGO Sydney Pennski...as things stand it is a Lose-Lose situation for Reebok and the MFC

If you've got a product that you are being told is sh1te and no one wants it then pull it off the shelf and start again pronto.

This jumper will become a collectors item in 20yrs as worse jumper ever. So go and buy 2 so you can put them on ebay in 20yrs.

Condemned84 I know who you are but you don't know who I'am. Hehehehe ;)

Ahh yes but people want to know me :)

Actually in reality the alt jumpers were almost appropriate with their silvery backs... very Gorillas in the mist down one end !! lol

Any contract can be dismissed if both parties agree..thats LAW!!! if both parties can agree to the merits of ANOTHER jumper then a new one can be developed.

its not rocket stuf is it. This isnt the too hard basket unless there are some weak bastards in the club. Lets see some mettle down there ! That jumper as one G Lyon saw fit to denounce, aught never be seen again.

Being probly the only person slightly fond of the clash jumper ..... i was unaware that it was 2 year stint.....

which changes my opinion slightly, i think its good to have somthin different , an i enjoy buying a new jumper every year especially if its different.

i dont like to compare football to soccer but .... soccer teams usually bring out a new strip every year and a clash strip and usually clash #2,

and i strongly believe soccer supporters would own more jumpers on average than football supporters... which may not seem really important but that is alot of potential money to the club.

just a few problems with releasing a new jumper every year ... .. would the jumpers sell? how much would they need to sell to make profit?

Also those who have suggested to change the jumper mid season or now .... in the article it says they prob could but once again Cost is an issue,

The jumper may not look that great, but im proud to own one.... somthin else of the club i can own

Actually in reality the alt jumpers were almost appropriate with their silvery backs... very Gorillas in the mist down one end !! lol

Any contract can be dismissed if both parties agree..thats LAW!!! if both parties can agree to the merits of ANOTHER jumper then a new one can be developed.

its not rocket stuf is it. This isnt the too hard basket unless there are some weak bastards in the club. Lets see some mettle down there ! That jumper as one G Lyon saw firt to denounce , ought never be seen again.

Pretty sure its an AFL rule to do with merchandising. Don't want clubs creating new strips each year just to make money, want the fans to get some 'value' in their purchase.

Pretty sure its an AFL rule to do with merchandising. Don't want clubs creating new strips each year just to make money, want the fans to get some 'value' in their purchase.

They won't have sold any of these shockers..admit the mistake and try again !