Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Daniher Should Walk

mikeod

I blame him for the forward structure, and his persistence with PJ who cannot mark to save himself.

Fair go, PJ wasnt our worst tonight. He worked hard and actually was one of the players who looked like he gave a [censored]. Plus, he can mark and is getting better all the time. He leads well too.

Agree with the rest of your post though.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair go, PJ wasnt our worst tonight. He worked hard and actually was one of the players who looked like he gave a [censored]. Plus, he can mark and is getting better all the time. He leads well too.

Agree with the rest of your post though.

I like PJ and I rate his workrate. Hell, he is even winning ruck contests, but gees he can't mark for [censored].

He is seriously lost as a forward, and his kicking is ordinary too.

He is about as good up forward as White is, minus the ability to take a contest mark and kick.

When Dutchy has a better game up forward than anyone, you know you are in real trouble.

.....but not tonight, this was a defining game showing MFC's lack of ticker and its time to say , enough is enough, if you serve that crap up, then the coach has to go, if not are we condoning that insipidness.

Players (plural) must also go then. As bad as our structure was from the opening bounce (Pickett and Jones on the bench = no hardness at the man & ball) the on field effort or lack thereof was dished up by a bunch of players far more experienced than their opponents.

I am gutted.....I just want this season to be over because I can't do jack about it sitting in the stands. I stayed till the end but dragging myself out each week for more of that will be torture.

You know what we are a financially poor club, the coach won't be sacked,the board don't want to pay him out. Also none of our assist coaches are capable of even being care taker coach. We will have ND until the end of 2007.

My biggest problem with ND is in the 10 years as coach at the MFC every season we have looked the goods at some stage, but also every sesaon we have been the worst team in the comp. There is a huge gap from our best to our worst performances and we dont seem to be able to remain good for long enough. This is every season he has coached us, we are either loooking like serious Premiership contenders for a period of time to then quickly change to look like we belong on the bottom. We are unable to play even average it is good or bad. At least with a team like the Kangas or Bulldogs you know they will always try, not the Dees we give up when it is not our day.

It's time to go.................................................Neale.

And here I was being told that this was not Big Brother!

Just on PJ, I've said it before and I'll say it again - Jamar will never resurface in the red and blue again.

What an incredibly versatile player PJ is. So pleasing to watch tonight.

From the goal square (in which he needs some practise..) back to the centre to ruck, I'm confident that he will only get better and better.

You know what we are a financially poor club, the coach won't be sacked,the board don't want to pay him out. Also none of our assist coaches are capable of even being care taker coach. We will have ND until the end of 2007.

My biggest problem with ND is in the 10 years as coach at the MFC every season we have looked the goods at some stage, but alos every sesaon we have been the worst team in the comp. There is a huge cap from our best to our worst performances and we dont seem to be able to remain good for long enough. This is every season he has coached us, we are either loooking like serious Premiership contenders for a period of time to then quickly change to look like we belong on the bottom. We are unable to play even average it is good or bad. At least with a team like the Kangas or Bulldogs you know they will always try, not the Dees we give up when it is not our day.

Great perception and summing up of our woes.

Bad = shocking ; good = exciting, teasing.

He doesn't know how to get any sort of consistency within a season from the players, despite being paid huge $$$$$$$$$$$ to do so.

Maybe it is the anger talking, it probably is really, but it cannot go on any longer.

We just lost to the worst team in the league with almost our full complement of players.

Robbo, Neitz et al I'm sure you like Daniher, I'm sure you think he is great.

BUt most of us don't and most of us don't live our lives through the very rosey tinted glasses of an AFL footballer.

We have supported this club our whole lives, when we know something stinks, believe me, we know it.

Daniher has to go. What I saw tonight was a disgrace, he was out coached, out played and the players ran around like headless chooks. Holland ended up at full forward, an unfit Yze on the bench and a kid called Michael Newton who should have been playing left in the stands. Utterly ridiculous. We were made to look like fools it was worse than terrible, it was downright embarassing.

I'm sick of the platitudes, I'm sick of the "five finals in six years arguments"

We will not win a premiership with Neale Daniher and he has to go.

Neale either go now with dignity or go in disgrace. Tonight was your acid test and you failed. Miserably.

The Melbourne Football Club must move on and it must move on now.

Gardner if you have any cojones make the hard decision and make it on Monday we can't afford to lose members and we will if Daniher stays.

If we lose a game like that by 6-12 points then coaching tactics can come under scrutiny (as well as er strange umpiring decisions).

But to lose by 50 points to a bottom of the harbour side (credit where credit is due Richmond came to play tonight) the players haven't done their job.

It was [censored] me to tears when my fellow Melbourne supporters were blaming Daniher for the first half debacle when the sole reason we were getting smashed is we couldn't lay hands on the ball at the stoppages and were just generally inept in every facet of the game.

I'd never seen (and never thought I'd see) a team that seemed to man up when we were in possesion of the ball and zone off when the opposition had it.

We were disgraceful, slow, sloppy, uncommitted and cocky.

For mine the coach was not to blame for tonight's result it was the players for not turning up at all in the first half.

Back on topic - if I was Daniher I would walk, not even God Himself could've coached that rabble tonight.

Waited until 11pm on 774 waiting for his press conference - didn't show!!

I guess he has said "didn't come to play"...."outmarked".."outplayed" etc so many times that he had nothing to add.

Has he ever even once admitted to being outcoached or outsmarted, or outslected??????

For our continual amusment (remember if you don't laugh you will cry).......

Tigers break through in style

A livid Melbourne coach Neale Daniher said he was embarrassed by his team's performance.

"That was an embarrassing and insipid effort for the first half of the game, it was really embarrassing,'' Daniher said.

"All credit to Richmond, they came and played some good footy, but I was disgusted with the way we played that first half and I told the players we've got to do something about it.

"Okay, we won the second half, but at half-time it was 12 goals to two and that second quarter, what can you say?

"From a coaching point of view it was embarrassing, nowhere near the standard required for AFL football.

"That's probably one of the worst performances we've put in for a long, long time.''

Daniher said his players clearly went into the game not mentally switched on and every aspect of their play was poor.

"They (Richmond) got far too much space, far too much of the ball and they didn't get any pressure from the Melbourne Football Club in the first half,'' he said.......

You don't have to go to far back, West Coast made us look silly and I dare to say if you look back over the past 10 seasons their is a common theme we struggle after a break, usualy in Adelaide so you can always we can't play at AAMI stadium but this year it s at the MCG

We were never going to win with that forward line...

Juice should have been brought in to give us some size up forward...

PJ is good but cant kick 5 goals in a game... Daniher refuses to play White forward and Robbo is a gun but not when he is getting sought out ecvery thrust forward.....

Daniher is a joke and his selction commitee should have a big look at themselves after tnights selections...

Pickett - crap

Yze - Joke

Alternatively

juice could have been bloodied and at worse we would off known he wasnt ready and Whelan could have came back to play on Brown and psychologicaaly smash him from wanting to go near the ball...

Playing miller would have been better than Yze forward. At least he has some size......

And again when Melbourne are getting beaten and the cameras pan up to th coaches box, how much faith do we recieve looking at Danihers face...

He simply has no idea and needs to move along with some of his friends...

We have spme young tough exciting players in the team in Chook, Bater, Slylvia, Belly, Rivers, Moloney, Flash, Ricky Bobby, Jonesey and Juice and co put someone compatent in the drivers seat of the school bus to direct us to a p-ship contender whilst we still have the champion Neitz to kick our goals...

Neale Daniher after the game ..."However he added that he saw the writing on the wall 10 minutes into the game."

funny so did we.... ROUND 1 that is !!

I really thought this kind of inept footy was behind us. But what a fool I am. It was worse than the round 1 debacle.

This is without doubt the most damning defeat for ND. 80 to 16 at half time against a [censored] house team like Richmond.

And all those players who rallied support for their coach can shut their mouths now. Like their opinion counts for anything after that performance.

He saw the writing on the wall 10 minutes into the game, yet made no tactical changes until half time.

The mind boggles.

If he had time to look at what was being written on some wall then he wasn't doing his job. He should have been looking at what was going on out on the ground.

He saw the writing on the wall 10 minutes into the game, yet made no tactical changes until half time.

The mind boggles.

To be fair, I did notice that he took Bell off Brown late in the first quarter and put him up forward. :wacko: Ward went onto Brown, who somewhat quietened him, but not by too much.

Apart from the pathetic performance from the footballers ball watchers on the field, Daniher got his match-ups wrong and was generally outcoached.

Guest bjs

20 yrs ago we had a club at the forefront of lateral thinking.We turned an Irishman into a star.Our current coach

seems unable to get the best out of a "born to be footballer" like Mclean and has sent a fiery ,unlearned thoroughbread like Miller to the scrapheap.The latter for me the more frustrating to the point of utter confusion.Miller plays as if he suffers from similar befuddlement.Trade no.Sack Daniher yes...

Give us Nathan Buckley in our coachs box,whatever the cost.His precosity as a coach and level of respect is so high now it has made me forget how much I despised him.A fair achievement considering i hated his guts.If Collingwood baulk and keep Buckley in a coaching capacity target Malthouse.If he sees Bucks along side him in the box he will gather his departure is inevitable.

Buckley suffers no fools and yet holds his judgements with a fair amount of circumspect.He knows the game better than anyone and would walk through our doors with that great mix of scary,raw incentive and respect.

Malthouse brings with him a past that includes 2 premierships with one club and a resume at Collingwood of competitiveness.He created a team which was able to mix it with Brisbane with a far inferior list.

Malthouse again has reinvigourated his club.He seems to be in charge of a unit of implementation.The young Irishman a case in point .Imagine what he could do with Miller.Malthouse will be the first to understand that a capable CHF is a necessity for a flag.Look what he did with Mitchell white.Name a premiership team without a CHF.Malthouses success is cyclical.He rejuvinates himself.He will adapt again.

We,as supporters ,would revel in either of aforementioned scenarios and the icing on the cake woul be the knowledge our board has the capacity to outwit our greatest foe.

I have no idea who we should trade.Our coach has created an environment of inconsistancy providing it impossible to draw a line through player names.

I believe Malthouse or Buckley will atlaest give us an indication of who should stay and who should go.

Terrible. Worst ive seen us play in a long time, and its been a shocking year and thats saying alot.

From the outset we're not switched on. Neither was Neale Daniher. Completely outcoached. Didnt bother to man up Polak till the 2nd half when trying to play for any left over pride.

White and Paul Johnson were fantastic last night giving our midfielders first oppurtunity every time. Too bad our entire midfield was asleep all night.

Nathan Jones, alot of great things to say about him, but last night he was terrible. Sure he tries hard but it means nothing if you arent winning. He needs to learn to run intelligently to recieve as soon as he gets the ball hes caught and its a ball up.

Brock Mclean got some heavy duty attention for the prob the first time ever and couldnt handle it, its ok, he will be better for this. This was an example of being completely outcoached. Wallet got his tags right, took mclean and bruce out of the game. The only tag neale decided to even bother about was deledio and that was useless as deledio took godfrey to the forward line and he's not much of a defender.

Just seemed to me that melbourne last night were joggin all night. No chasing. No energy, no talking.

This is the kind of match that makes me want to throw it in and burn my scarf. We get the reverend coming out and saying get behind the club, we need you. Well theres alot of people getting paid alot of money at melbourne to show up and play little leauge brand footy. Seriously almost as bad as Fitzroy in their dying days, tho that had nothing to do with heart, they just weren't good enough. We ARE good enough, but honestly hitler had more heart than the dees showed last night.

Melbourne dont need a new coach, they need a psychiatrist to work out why they are hands down the most mentally weak team of the league.