• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

15 Colin Sylvia possessions = 40 Cameron Bruce possessions

Yze_Magic

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think hes done a tad more than that, Eastie

By all means tell me about what he has done then.

Could be a decent half back flanker by the sounds of it but even now has only show me (and I will admit I don't watch AFL matches very often) he can do the odd good thing here and there but then gives away a needless free or murders a handball.

I was a fan up until the start of last year but now he's lost me

I agree 5 Sylvia possied are better than 30 Bruce cheap touches out on the boundry line uncontested........

Anyone care to disagree with me?

I dare you to.

Looks like you haven't got too many agreeing with you if any BRUCE BASHER! ( Haven't changed your name yet?) Your usual RUBBISH again! We watch the footy mate and we're damn sure you don't know much about the game.Some stats from Brisbane game might interest you. BLACK (not a bad player) 36 possessions 72% efficiency. BRUCE 33 possessions 73% efficiency. POWER (another useful player), 29 possessions 59% efficiency. And then this one, JOHNSTONE 15 possessions 53 % efficiency. So Cam doesn't stack up too badly does he?

BRUCE 33 possessions 73% efficiency.

Id love to what the statisticians class as an 'effective' possession

What a joke.

He had 33 touches, and around 15-20% were effective. And they werent damaging touches.

Id love to what the statisticians class as an 'effective' possession

What a joke.

He had 33 touches, and around 15-20% were effective. And they werent damaging touches.

You keep an accurate tally do you? Cut the crap mate you are a BULLSHITTER of the highest order. I reckon when Bruce kicked 3 goals recently you had them all listed as INEFFECTIVE disposals. YOU are the JOKE on this forum. By the way, you still haven't answered my question on your football playing background. I also dare you to go up to Cameron Bruce and call him a coward. I know who I'd back. Sad to say,you are a very DISLOYAL supporter? of the MFC. Back our players don't bag them.

You keep an accurate tally do you? Cut the crap mate you are a BULLSHITTER of the highest order. I reckon when Bruce kicked 3 goals recently you had them all listed as INEFFECTIVE disposals. YOU are the JOKE on this forum. By the way, you still haven't answered my question on your football playing background. I also dare you to go up to Cameron Bruce and call him a coward. I know who I'd back. Sad to say,you are a very DISLOYAL supporter? of the MFC. Back our players don't bag them.

It is supporters like you that are quite happy to let our 44 years in the wilderness continue into the future.

If you are happy with mediocrity, then thats your problem.

Back our playes blah blah blah.. we are 16th with zero wins you cretin. I will point the finger at whoever deserves it.

I wont blindly back everyone like a complete and utter pansy.

IVE HAD ENOUGH OF CRAP. CAMERON BRUCE IS CRAP.... SOFT, COLLECTS CHEAP POSSIES LATE IN THE GAME ON THE BOUNDRY LINE AND CANT KICK UNDER PRESSURE.....

ANYONE THAT IS A CAMERON BRUCE LOVER MUST OBVIOUSLY [censored] SITTING DOWN LIKE CAM BRUCE HERSELF.....

THERE IS NO PLACE IN THE MFC FOR BLOKES WHO ARE SODT AND CANT LAY A HIP AND SHOULDER....

WERE BRINGIN IN THE KIDS AND THEY HAVE TO LEARN TO BE TOUGH OUT ON THE FIELD.... BLOKES LIKE BRUCE, YZE, ROBBO, WHEATLEY DO NOT DEMONSTRATE THIS

Well well what a hero! Almost the EXACT words used by your good mate YZE. Can't you be a bit original? I challenge you to go and tell Cameron Bruce that he is a girl. TALK IS CHEAP! (And in your case very nasty and unfair).

It is supporters like you that are quite happy to let our 44 years in the wilderness continue into the future.

If you are happy with mediocrity, then thats your problem.

Back our playes blah blah blah.. we are 16th with zero wins you cretin. I will point the finger at whoever deserves it.

I wont blindly back everyone like a complete and utter pansy.

You still haven't answered my question!

WHAT IS YOUR FOOTBALL PLAYING BACKGROUND? AND NO [censored]! IS THE QUESTION CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND?

Bobby

if you had been around the forums a few years ago you would kow my background.

In short, outstanding junior that won 4 Best and Fairests and captained the side to 2 flags playing as a midfiilder/half forward. Strengths were an uncanny goal sense, and a great hunger for the contested ball. In my final year of Under 18's I averaged 25 possies and 7 tackles a game. Booted 37 goals in 11 games, missing a chunk of games due to a knee injury,

Subsequently, was drafted late in the National draft by an AFL club, where I played a handful of games in my rookie season. At the start of my 2nd preseason I injured my knee, requiring a full knee reco. I had ongoing problems, and never played AFL again.

Had I not been so unlucky, I wouldnt be sitting here chatting to you. Id be at the tail end of a glorious AFL career and in all likelihood would be a Brownlow Medallist and one of the games most respected players.

Bobby

if you had been around the forums a few years ago you would kow my background.

In short, outstanding junior that won 4 Best and Fairests and captained the side to 2 flags playing as a midfiilder/half forward. Strengths were an uncanny goal sense, and a great hunger for the contested ball. In my final year of Under 18's I averaged 25 possies and 7 tackles a game. Booted 37 goals in 11 games, missing a chunk of games due to a knee injury,

Subsequently, was drafted late in the National draft by an AFL club, where I played a handful of games in my rookie season. At the start of my 2nd preseason I injured my knee, requiring a full knee reco. I had ongoing problems, and never played AFL again.

Had I not been so unlucky, I wouldnt be sitting here chatting to you. Id be at the tail end of a glorious AFL career and in all likelihood would be a Brownlow Medallist and one of the games most respected players.

I thought I said no [censored]! Just in case some of your story is true, which AFL club?

My opinion for what it is worth and not just because I want to have my head bitten off........

I thought Cameron Bruce was decidedly wasteful on Sunday. I honestly didn't see a hell of lot from our new captain (which is an entirely different argument) despite his actually getting the ball in the first place, which granted is a big plus in a team of people who don't seem to want it at all.

I have real issues, along with just about every other person here, with our midfield. There is no drive forward, which leaves the forwards with nothing to do, and subsequently puts our defence under enormous pressure. I am not telling anyone anything they don't already know, but that drive should be coming from players like Bruce, but he seemed to either miss a hell of a lot of targets or find the target under the most amount of pressure.

I am not in the YM camp of hunt, kill, destroy but for someone of his alleged quality and apparent leadership the output really should be greater.

Although this does of course translate across the entire list at this point in time.

I also thought that Sylvia was quite good. But that happy feeling I get is tempered by the years of inconsistent crap he has thrown our way. A player with his latent ability also needs to show a hell of a lot more or it will be his name on the trade list at the end of the year. And I like Col, but as a top draft pick he needs to start living up to the reputation that has been built around him. Hopefully he will in the coming weeks.....or else.

But as I said, just my opinion :) !!!

Queen, i think the problem is not with our midfield drive, it's that whenever they get the ball and look up there is seldom anyone to kick to.

I haven't been able to watch a replay all season unfortunately, but not i have a vcr woohoo!, so i'm not sure how well it comes up on tv. But certainly i think the problem is in the forwardline not presenting/existing. Love seeing Sylvia and Green there, along with davey and aussie, and wouldn't mind maric coming in.

What's put our defence under pressure all season is the lightning speed at which the ball bounces off our forwardline and is waltzed into the backline, not helped because no one likes to man up

No-one is soft - that is the first thing!!

He is one of the first players tagged each week...

he can play forward, midfield or in defence...

did a brilliant job on brad johnson the other week, when the ball came in 100 times!!

he can win clearances at the stoppages...

has also been able to kick bags of goals...

cam's form is not a worry and will only get better...

sylvia needs to prove himself - he has started but now can he continue it!! i have thought that sylvia has it all but to date we have seen glimpses!! when he is able to run a game out, well....

Do you think that Sylvia will be the one to lead Melbourne out of that wilderness?

Queen...think ya put both Bruce and Sylvia nicely in perspective.. Cam doesnt hurt the oppostion really any more. I feel he really only ever played above himself fopr a year and now we get the normal variety). For some of his good work he just as quickly undoes it all...Nett effect. ."not much".

Col has been discussed to the nth degree here etc. I agree.. its put up..or.............

As an aside to this debate, I was at the Gabba on Sunday, and one incident I particularly took notice of with Sylvia.

The ball was quickly switched out of defence by the Lions, and there were 2 Brisbane players in the clear, and Col.

Sylvia, instead of going to the man, summed up the situation, and instead ran away from the player who'd gathered, following him inbound, the Lions player (I think it was Rischitelli, not 100%) then strolled in, and from 45 metres out completely unguarded kicked the easiest of goals. All Sylvia had to do was make a contest, and force the two Lions players to commit to a give'n'go scenario. Eventually Bartram ran back to place to man up on the Lions player who'd kicked the goal, and Sylvia jogged upto him and gave him a fierce tongue-lashing that lasted for a good 20 seconds, which was a somewhat puzzling and petulant display given Sylvias decision making in the contest. Is this sort of display seen as leadership or petulance?