• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

15 Colin Sylvia possessions = 40 Cameron Bruce possessions

Yze_Magic

. Is this sort of display seen as leadership or petulance?

We are a club that has the names Bruce, Miller, Yze and Robertson in the leadership group.

Its not much for the youngsters to look up to.

At least I have seen Colin lay some hip and shoulders and some big tackles. More than I can say for our soft senior core (Neitz and McDonald excluded)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that Sylvia will be the one to lead Melbourne out of that wilderness?

Not on his own, but he will be part of the group that gets us going again.

he needs more responsibility. Hopefully Bruce and Robertson are banished to Sandy for good, and traded at the end of the year

This will open up spots for Sylvia, Morton, Bate, Maric etc.. to really stamp themselves.

You still haven't answered my question!

Bruce has been one of our best and most consistent players over the years.

Colin is showing that he will be one of our best over the years.

On a bad Cameron Bruce day, YM is correct, but over the time Bruce has been great.

Sylvia is improving this year and stepping up. It has taken him a while but at least its happening.

And Dazzle Davey, having a go at Sylvia's first ever game is a bit un-necessary and about 5 years too late.

FYI - 10 of Cameron Bruce's first 19 games resulted in him having under 10 possessions. And he was already 20 at the time.

To put that in comparison to Sylvia after 19 games, Sylvia had 11 games under 10 possessions, but was a year or 2 younger at the same time.

I rate both of these players and looking at the stats of both of these they seem very similar. In my views though, Colin seems to go in my harder for the team.

Click on my myspace.... url: nichoneitz and you will clearly see that i would smash C Bruce....

The bloke is soft.....

I support then MFC and appreciate 90% of of our list... I have my membership and have paid up every year.. That entitles me to voice my opinion on this forum...

"If you cant handle the heat, get out of the kitchen you pansies"

Its not rocket science to acknowledge that Cameron Bruce is a girl, Can be good on occasions, but 5 good games a year doesn’t warrant superstar status that you Bruce lovers seem to think.....

Get in and get some hard ball Cameron Bruce and when its your time to tackle, bump put your head over the ball do so, stop letting blokes like Chook, Jones, Moloney, Bate (Many years your junior) to the hard work for you......

Calling Cameron Bruce to put down his barbies and be a man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the record i am not relates to Yze magic, However i think he calls it as it is and that what the MFC could do more of....

Good to see there are some MFC supporters that dont run and hide when were needed more than ever.

Get in and get some hard ball Cameron Bruce and when its your time to tackle, bump put your head over the ball do so, stop letting blokes like Chook, Jones, Moloney, Bate (Many years your junior) to the hard work for you......

This is where you are wrong. Look at the statistics last year - Bruce was top 5 at the club in tackles. His hard ball get stats from memory were in the top 10.

And on a side note - do you think that a side should have 22 gung ho players who all dive on the ball when it is up for grabs? A team needs a mix of inside and outside players. Just because a player is more of an outside player does not mean they're soft and that they won't go when they need to ... a good example of such a player who has an outstanding career is Adem Yze. While the game has passed him by this year, he played 250 odd games of being a receiver, and doing it to the highest quality.

Football is more than putting your head over the ball.

This is where you are wrong. Look at the statistics last year - Bruce was top 5 at the club in tackles. His hard ball get stats from memory were in the top 10.

And on a side note - do you think that a side should have 22 gung ho players who all dive on the ball when it is up for grabs? A team needs a mix of inside and outside players. Just because a player is more of an outside player does not mean they're soft and that they won't go when they need to ... a good example of such a player who has an outstanding career is Adem Yze. While the game has passed him by this year, he played 250 odd games of being a receiver, and doing it to the highest quality.

Football is more than putting your head over the ball.

I was waiting for this opinion to come up and I’m glad it has...

You are right in saying that we cant have 22 inside players, however when its your time to put the head down you need to...

Cameron Bruce is soft and has never done this...

Top 10 in contested possies in not special... Top 3is!!!

Cameron Bruce use to be my favourite player but for years I have watched him run away from the pack when he needed to run to it...

Quite simply the bloke has never giving a hip and shoulder in his life.

He needs to stand up and i wonder if injury sustained from Guerra’s tough tackle a few years back has changed Cameron Bruce....

Lets also be honest he can butcher the footy as well, like many other Demon players

Use Sydney or the Lions of old as an example... They were all tough, not necc all inside players but when it came there turn to do the team thing and be hard at the footy they were... Where did it get them... As an aggregate since 2001 6 GF appearances and 4 Flags.....

Quite simply the bloke has never giving a hip and shoulder in his life.

I think it's safe to say he has and you just haven't noticed it cos the opponent hasn't gone ass up.

Bruce was never going to be an enforcer but he tackles when needed and I've seen him drop his head no more than any other average AFL player.

Johnstone and Nick Davis are far worse culprits

We are a club that has the names Bruce, Miller, Yze and Robertson in the leadership group.

Its not much for the youngsters to look up to.

At least I have seen Colin lay some hip and shoulders and some big tackles. More than I can say for our soft senior core (Neitz and McDonald excluded)

I was at the GABBA on the weekend also. Miller was the closest thing we had to a captain. He is no star, far from it, but he is a natural leader. On multiple occasions he had to explain to players that have played more games than him where to run, when to switch, where to lead, etc.

I agree Bruce is no captain. Him being named co-captain underlines how crap the leadership is, and has been for a long time at this club!

Queen...think ya put both Bruce and Sylvia nicely in perspective.. Cam doesnt hurt the oppostion really any more. I feel he really only ever played above himself fopr a year and now we get the normal variety). For some of his good work he just as quickly undoes it all...Nett effect. ."not much".

My thoughts 'BUB', are as follows - Cam doesnt hurt the oppostion really any more. I feel he really only ever played above himself fopr a year and now we get the normal variety). For some of his good work he just as quickly undoes it all...Nett effect. ."not much". As you can see, I agree totally with what U said. B)

Yze magic i dont know where your man love for Sylvia comes from but you are clearly blinded by your admiration for him.

He actually uses the ball very poorly. More often than not he kicks the ball over the head of the intended player and is continually providing hospital handballs to people under pressure. I think he really needs to improve his disposal as he wastes a lot of the too few possessions he gets!!! I really hope he gets better though as we need him to become the player he can.

IVE HAD ENOUGH OF CRAP. CAMERON BRUCE IS CRAP.... SOFT, COLLECTS CHEAP POSSIES LATE IN THE GAME ON THE BOUNDRY LINE AND CANT KICK UNDER PRESSURE.....

ANYONE THAT IS A CAMERON BRUCE LOVER MUST OBVIOUSLY [censored] SITTING DOWN LIKE CAM BRUCE HERSELF.....

THERE IS NO PLACE IN THE MFC FOR BLOKES WHO ARE SODT AND CANT LAY A HIP AND SHOULDER....

WERE BRINGIN IN THE KIDS AND THEY HAVE TO LEARN TO BE TOUGH OUT ON THE FIELD.... BLOKES LIKE BRUCE, YZE, ROBBO, WHEATLEY DO NOT DEMONSTRATE THIS

No need to write in capitals your clown. How about you try writing in sentence case to get your point across like everybody else. However given the value of the above response, maybe you should just GIVE UP.

Cameron Bruce use to be my favourite player but for years I have watched him run away from the pack when he needed to run to it...

Ita amazing as you seem to know so little about the way he plays and replace with hyperbole.

I was at the GABBA on the weekend also. Miller was the closest thing we had to a captain. He is no star, far from it, but he is a natural leader. On multiple occasions he had to explain to players that have played more games than him where to run, when to switch, where to lead, etc.

I agree Bruce is no captain. Him being named co-captain underlines how crap the leadership is, and has been for a long time at this club!

Two points on this, firstly I'm horrified that someone of his talent and ability is instructing the rest of the team with the nuances of football. Secondly he obviously needs to start listening to his own advice because if he really knows where to run to, lead and when to switch then averaging just a dozen touches a game is shocking.

I thought Cam played pretty well yesterday.

31 touches, 9 of them contested, 14 possies in the last quarter, only 1 clanger and 6 tackles.

Just as well he wasn't dropped.

If the team keeps this sort of form up, Sylvia might struggle to get back in. ;)

Well, the smart fans knew this kid could would be a star.

Happy to say I am one of those.

Some people in this thread look like gooses right about now.

Could not agree more YM. Keep up the good work. Your unflagging loyalty should be recognised.

unflagging loyalty is right! Persistent knocking is another way of describing it. Watching a super-running Bruce yesterday, knocking up getting hard kicks all over the ground, laying on tackles on people like Pavlich--how on earth could any dill compare him with the supremely talented but never fit Sylvia?
Are Demon supporters the most likely to harshly criticise their own? Yesterday thare was one fool, who in the first half, let fly with a stream of invective towards Bate, and, at times Mc Lean. We looked for this fool during the last quarter but he was missing. And it prompted me to wonder--does Y-M ever actually watch a` game? The evidence suggests not!
Could not agree more YM. Keep up the good work. Your unflagging loyalty should be recognised.

If the team keeps this sort of form up, Sylvia might struggle to get back in. ;)

Sylvia should have to work his way back into the team via Sandy as Bate did after his injury.

Sylvia shouldn't be an automatic inclusion, maybe one day he may, be but not based on anything he has done so far in his spluttering career.

The problem with bruce is as always, 65% effectiveness with his disposals, there is the problem, I think his first 4 were either turn overs or he got the player killed, for soem one of his ability he should be much higher than that but his disposal is awful to good, he should be good to excellent. but has not been for many a year.

I thought Cam played pretty well yesterday.

31 touches, 9 of them contested, 14 possies in the last quarter, only 1 clanger and 6 tackles.

Just as well he wasn't dropped.

1 clanger?

What the hell? The statisticians must be blind and deaf volunteers

Bruce had 4 or 5 clangers in the 1st quarter alone.