James Frawley

titan_uranus

He will be our Leo Barry, good full back with the attacking run

Except bigger and stronger!!! *excuse me while i drool*

p.s. Lets stop comparing people who have played under 50 games to top players

Altough i was impressed with his run(it did remind me of L.Barry), the one play which really surprised me was when the ball came in the passage before Fev kicked his 6th of the ground, i was expecting to see Fev brush Frawley away like a ragdoll and mark the ball easily. Instead, it appeared that young Chip actually worked Fevola out of position with some strength i didn't know he possessed. If he has that sought of strength to go with his speed and athletcism, he and Riv will make a fantastic conerstone of our defense for the next 5- 10 years.

Chip showed us enough to make us htink he will play the season out in defence. As for Carroll, he will also play the year out. The two in defence plus the majestic Rivo give us some chance (slight) at shutting down opposition forwards.

Leo Barry? I think if he could be that sort for the dees we will have drafted well.

AShould never been dropped...

Fast and shows some flair..... He backs himself and we lack confidence....

Better than Wheatley and 10 years younger...

Looks like Jared when he walks and runs.

Imagine having TWO Jared in the backline! :o

Down girl ;) !!!

Nathan Carroll makes me very nervous at Full Back

I really think Frawley should be given the Full Back Position for the rest of the season

Carroll to the back pocket as support

Nothing to lose and experience to gain

Nathan Carroll makes me very nervous at Full Back

I really think Frawley should be given the Full Back Position for the rest of the season

Carroll to the back pocket as support

Nothing to lose and experience to gain

To much pressure for the kid isnt it?

He needs time to develop.

Key defenders almost always take ATLEAST 3 seasons before showing that they are capable of taking on the best forwards in the afl.

He is not ready to take on the best forwards just yet, however he has the skill-set and has shown promising glimpses. that's all you can really ask for in a 19yrold KPP.

He is quick, dashing, effective disposal, strong overhead, and able to spoil. sure, atm he doesn't do this consistently, but again...he's 19 and skinny playing against bigger, more experienced (and better) players atm.

play Frawley for the rest of the yr and fasttrack his developmment

Yep. I like that Syl. Just make sure he's not totally overwhelmed (burnt out) by playing on bigger, stronger opponents every week. May have to leave Carroll there for remainder of this season to share some of the load.

To much pressure for the kid isnt it?

He needs time to develop.

One of Baileys best attributes is his player managment skills and that goes back as far as Mt Gravatt

He isnt a ranter and raver

There isnt many good full forwards at the moment compared to other eras might also help

Worth a shot IMO

One of Baileys best attributes is his player managment skills and that goes back as far as Mt Gravatt

He isnt a ranter and raver

There isnt many good full forwards at the moment compared to other eras might also help

Worth a shot IMO

I've read it all now! WTF do you base this on? The plumber and electrician at Mt. Gravatt may have responded to Bailey, but the professional footballers at the MFC certainly haven't warmed to his management skills.

I've read it all now! WTF do you base this on? The plumber and electrician at Mt. Gravatt may have responded to Bailey, but the professional footballers at the MFC certainly haven't warmed to his management skills.

your basis is zero wins and disgruntled supporters

mine is knowing his history

I even remember him playing but then again i watched Frank Adams play as well :P

I've read it all now! WTF do you base this on? [...] the professional footballers at the MFC certainly haven't warmed to his management skills.

heh!! I love it how you in one line you imply his comment had no basis, then make a comment with no basis yourself. Good stuff.

Oh dear. How little you do know about Carroll? McLean a 22yo bogan that can play footballer. Carroll is a 26yo ongoing concern who can arrange a bad haircut and growl at the opposing FF but little else.

Neaves stiff you say and others blind!

Now I know what the ?? are for in your nom de plume.

Obviously corresponding with the unwashed.

As for jikajika - how long until you get out off that place!!!

I'm amazed at the lack of forethought that go into some of these threads, and am not going to waste any more of my time with imbeciles raving about crap rather than facts.

Oh, and Rhino - you're a [censored]

I'm amazed at the lack of forethought that go into some of these threads, and am not going to waste any more of my time with imbeciles raving about crap rather than facts.

Undoubtedly your best post to date. Although there is not much to put against it.

Lets see if you can actually honour your big big statements not waste any more of any one else's time.

Its ironic you highlight facts as it has been one of the many areas of your posts which have been overrun by hyperbole and stupid snipes.

heh!! I love it how you in one line you imply his comment had no basis, then make a comment with no basis yourself. Good stuff.

yeah maybe the missing ? at the end of it would have helped so not infering he has no clue to Baileys background

not sure why you didnt see my next line though

I see lots of posters on here make judgements on bailey without dellving into his playing and coaching background and base everything on melbourne results only

what most overlook is who he was with along the way and some will even argue its of no consequence

You can say the following

Playing under Sheedy at Essendon has no consequence

Playing under Mark Williams at Glenelg has no consequence

Development coach at Essendon during a successful period has no consequence

Assistant coach at Port Adelaide during a sucessful period has no consequence

If it was no consequence he wouldnt have got the Melbourne Job

but i will agree to disagree and only time will tell if he is a chimp or a chump

in my opinion he has the credentials for the job

the point of my post was to explain that bailey has the expertise to make sure that a kid like Frawley would not be left unsupported on or off the field

I stand by that statement

yeah maybe the missing ? at the end of it would have helped so not infering he has no clue to Baileys background

not sure why you didnt see my next line though

I see lots of posters on here make judgements on bailey without dellving into his playing and coaching background and base everything on melbourne results only

what most overlook is who he was with along the way and some will even argue its of no consequence

You can say the following

Playing under Sheedy at Essendon has no consequence

Playing under Mark Williams at Glenelg has no consequence

Development coach at Essendon during a successful period has no consequence

Assistant coach at Port Adelaide during a sucessful period has no consequence

If it was no consequence he wouldnt have got the Melbourne Job

but i will agree to disagree and only time will tell if he is a chimp or a chump

in my opinion he has the credentials for the job

the point of my post was to explain that bailey has the expertise to make sure that a kid like Frawley would not be left unsupported on or off the field

I stand by that statement

There's a massive divide between being an able assistant and the head honcho. You can't quantify the role of an assistant coach. His track record as a senior AFL coach will determine whether he has good man management skills. And raising his coaching experience at Mt. Gravatt as an example is ridiculous, because the level of expectation in the QAFL is miniscule compared to the AFL.

There's a massive divide between being an able assistant and the head honcho. You can't quantify the role of an assistant coach. His track record as a senior AFL coach will determine whether he has good man management skills. And raising his coaching experience at Mt. Gravatt as an example is ridiculous, because the level of expectation in the QAFL is miniscule compared to the AFL.

good player management skills is learnt and i did say MtGravatt yes but that was when he started his coaching (6 years) as i indicated in my first post

I would have thought his essendon and port adelaide days were known to most melbourne supporters

there isnt a great deal of difference between his coaching resume and a guy called clarkson albeit clarko got a flag with Central Districts

thanks for your response ;)

good player management skills is learnt and i did say MtGravatt yes but that was when he started his coaching (6 years) as i indicated in my first post

I would have thought his essendon and port adelaide days were known to most melbourne supporters

there isnt a great deal of difference between his coaching resume and a guy called clarkson albeit clarko got a flag with Central Districts

thanks for your response ;)

Agree Swampy.