Chairman Jim Stynes

Guest unstable punt

To be quite frank...id be interested in hearing what Jimmy had in mind before handing over my vote...to him...or anyone. But as you say...an intersting throw away ( line ) isnt it.

If nothing else it must show to a few doubters that there is indeed a future for Melbourne..as Melbourne. ( in much the same way of Gazzas comment on TFS )

Guest unstable punt
To be quite frank...id be interested in hearing what Jimmy had in mind before handing over my vote...to him...or anyone. But as you say...an intersting throw away ( line ) isnt it.

If nothing else it must show to a few doubters that there is indeed a future for Melbourne..as Melbourne. ( in much the same way of Gazzas comment on TFS )

it seems to me that former players are now prepared to get on board and do something about the club, Lyon, Stynes, Greg Healy, Anthony Ingerson etc plus all the blokes who have come back this year, Leoncelli, O'Donnell, Connolly, Lovell. I'm sure Jimmy would be a perfect bloke at the top who would bring even more blokes back to the fold. l reckon with all the changes at the club off-field the place is really changing for the better, it doesn't look that way at the minute but mark my words, change is happening.

it seems to me that former players are now prepared to get on board and do something about the club, Lyon, Stynes, Greg Healy, Anthony Ingerson etc plus all the blokes who have come back this year, Leoncelli, O'Donnell, Connolly, Lovell. I'm sure Jimmy would be a perfect bloke at the top who would bring even more blokes back to the fold. l reckon with all the changes at the club off-field the place is really changing for the better, it doesn't look that way at the minute but mark my words, change is happening.

Look i couldnt give two hoots what Jim Stynes has to say, all that is crap. You look at all election campaigns and you'll see little truth, you look at our current chairman and there is little truth.

I trust Jim, Jim is full of integrity and honesty. With the right people around him he will do a sterling job. I just hope it wont be too late. He's got my vote.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl...0-19742,00.html

this article by Mike Sheahan is mainly about Steve Harris but the last paragraph is interesting where it says Jim Stynes is working at being the next chairman, if he gets there it would be brilliant

It would only be brilliant if has the credentials and ability to do the job. No time for emotional decisions because he is Stynes.

It would only be brilliant if has the credentials and ability to do the job. No time for emotional decisions because he is Stynes.

Jimma and Gazza both on the board.... "now that would be great". Please guys consider.... the club/supporters need you both.

33 is my lucky number and used everywhere ( email address etc)....3 for garry / 11 for Jim.

I'm dreaming already for the survival of our mighty club. :wub: :wub:

this article by Mike Sheahan is mainly about Steve Harris but the last paragraph is interesting where it says Jim Stynes is working at being the next chairman, if he gets there it would be brilliant

Mike Sheehan is correct but there was an approach made to Ron Walker and as I understand it he is very interested if Jimmy declines Walker is just the man to lead us he does not know the meaning of the word FAILURE and would be tough and get on board those with $ and clout

Whilst I think its good that the 'old boys' are feeling warmer about coming in from the cold. I dont see that a club run by favourite sons is necessarily the answer. That same said sons are involved is wonderful but I want to know what they are on about... What is their platform, their vision etc.

Chairman isnt a bloody popularity poll after all <_< Its a role to orchestrate and get things done.

Mike Sheehan is correct but there was an approach made to Ron Walker and as I understand it he is very interested if Jimmy declines Walker is just the man to lead us he does not know the meaning of the word FAILURE and would be tough and get on board those with $ and clout

Yes , Walker would certainly be the ideal man for the job .

As issarab suggests , Walker possesses the ideal mix of business clout , contacts , experience , success and arrogance to take on the toughest role in AFL today ; Stynes , whilst obviously a sentimental club favourite has none of these qualities , as belzebub alludes to .

The fact that Walker is an ardent Melbourne supporter seals the decision .

Yes , Walker would certainly be the ideal man for the job .

As issarab suggests , Walker possesses the ideal mix of business clout , contacts , experience , success and arrogance to take on the toughest role in AFL today ; Stynes , whilst obviously a sentimental club favourite has none of these qualities , as belzebub alludes to .

The fact that Walker is an ardent Melbourne supporter seals the decision .

Damn right JB & BB59, Walker would be a powerful Chairman...perhaps Jimmy Stynes could adopt a role as "official patron saint of the demons" if that title isn't too much of a contradiction in terms.

I wouldnt mind a smidge of arrogance in the club !! Not bucket loads.. but enough that someone say...hey ..backoff..we're Melbourne !!

I wouldnt mind a smidge of arrogance in the club !! Not bucket loads.. but enough that someone say...hey ..backoff..we're Melbourne !!

Be very wary of having too many past players involved with the administration of the club. Remember, as a group, they supported the merger, and later Gabriel with Paul Gardner on the board. The past players have not had a great track record when it comes to decisions as to what is 'best' for the club. While it's good to have them back and involved it may not be good for the club to have them making decisions re the long term future of the club.

the 'arrogance' I refered was Walkers !! :)

Personally I would like a wealthy Businessman like a Ron Walker ( Melbourne supporter ) who would lead by example by putting his hand in his pocket and getting his wealthy mates to do the same.

Actually the thing that would appeal to me about a fellow such as Walker is simply his track record in dealing with the top end of town as well as dealing with the powerbrokers at the highest level of sport.

I agree Redleg...a person of his ilk would be quite impressive...but more than that..I think he'd do things !!

As long as Paul Gardner is the MFC chairman I will support him.

Nevertheless I would like to see somebody with wealth and a lot of influence in the "top end of town" to take over as next MFC chairman. That is why I would support somebody like Ron Walker taking over IF Paul Gardner decided to step down.

Jim Stynes would be a good idea too. But I think he would be better suited as a board-member than as a chairman.

Garry Lyon could be either a board-member or the next MFC chairman. But that is his decision. His co-worker on "The Footy Show" and Triple M radio, James Brayshaw is President of the Kangaroos so I don't know why Garry can't follow suit?

We need more people in the media to be BIAS, one-eyed Melbourne supporters! Eddie and James can do it for their clubs! Why can't we?

I hope that MORE former players put their hand up to help the MFC.

People like Stan Alves, and other former great MFC players should be helping out more too in my opinion.

Does Paul Gardner live here or in Sydney? I was told by someone close to the board that the perception is that he now resides in Sydney. Anybody else heard this?

Nevertheless I would like to see somebody with wealth and a lot of influence in the "top end of town" to take over as next MFC chairman. That is why I would support somebody like Ron Walker taking over IF Paul Gardner decided to step down.

Jim Stynes would be a good idea too. But I think he would be better suited as a board-member than as a chairman.

Garry Lyon could be either a board-member or the next MFC chairman. But that is his decision. His co-worker on "The Footy Show" and Triple M radio, James Brayshaw is President of the Kangaroos so I don't know why Garry can't follow suit?

We need more people in the media to be BIAS, one-eyed Melbourne supporters! Eddie and James can do it for their clubs! Why can't we?

I hope that MORE former players put their hand up to help the MFC.

People like Stan Alves, and other former great MFC players should be helping out more too in my opinion.

I agree with that in general. And I agree with G. Lyon coming on the board.

But Stan Alves has strong links with 3 clubs. And as I recall it, MFC treated he and other stars of his ilk in the 1970s very poorly and I recall him on radio saying that he was not primarily an MFC man.

But Stan Alves has strong links with 3 clubs. And as I recall it, MFC treated he and other stars of his ilk in the 1970s very poorly and I recall him on radio saying that he was not primarily an MFC man.

Bit like Schwarta saying on SEN yesterday that he will be supporting the Dogs this week.

I remember at a club function several years ago that he said he really thanked the MFC for looking after him whilst he was out injured, how quick he forgets.

I'm sick of people saying, "Melbourne think they don't have to re-locate because they are Melbourne la di da"

Exactly why we ain't moving

We are the oldest football club..IN THE WORLD

WE ARE MELBOURNE

If we had won last week, i could guarentee you we wouldn't have any of this re location [censored]

Don;t worry, we'll beat the dogs and it'll turn the tide a bit. Bailey just needs time and so does the team, however we still need to find this passion and aggressive hard running that we have lacked for oh so long

Bailey's only mistake is that he didn't capitalise on his brilliant move of trading TJ- shouldv'e culled Green, Robbo and Yze whilst he could for some decent picks.

Turn the clock back to when Al Clarkson took over the Hawks, he did exactly the same thing for the first few yrs, cull players and draft young kids...look where they are now

We're almost there cos our kids are good ones.

to solve all this mcc crap, it's simple. Slightly lower the price for our mcc/mfc membership (mcc members paying na extra 60 bucks or watever) until we lure them all in- last yr we got 6,000 of them of had never been members previously. and what do you know- we had record membership figures. I'm both full MFC and mcc member, and i've decided that people who aren't members of 'their' football, aren't true supporters/members- they are just barrackers.

Go the dees for tomorrow

I'm sick of people saying, "Melbourne think they don't have to re-locate because they are Melbourne la di da"

Exactly why we ain't moving

We are the oldest football club..IN THE WORLD

WE ARE MELBOURNE

If we had won last week, i could guarentee you we wouldn't have any of this re location [censored]

Don;t worry, we'll beat the dogs and it'll turn the tide a bit. Bailey just needs time and so does the team, however we still need to find this passion and aggressive hard running that we have lacked for oh so long

Bailey's only mistake is that he didn't capitalise on his brilliant move of trading TJ- shouldv'e culled Green, Robbo and Yze whilst he could for some decent picks.

Turn the clock back to when Al Clarkson took over the Hawks, he did exactly the same thing for the first few yrs, cull players and draft young kids...look where they are now

We're almost there cos our kids are good ones.

to solve all this mcc crap, it's simple. Slightly lower the price for our mcc/mfc membership (mcc members paying na extra 60 bucks or watever) until we lure them all in- last yr we got 6,000 of them of had never been members previously. and what do you know- we had record membership figures. I'm both full MFC and mcc member, and i've decided that people who aren't members of 'their' football, aren't true supporters/members- they are just barrackers.

Go the dees for tomorrow

mate whether or not we are the oldest club in the world and we have a name called melbourne wont mean anything if we go bankrupt. we need fire, we need anger and we need to make changes and by doing this, we need to be creative...the move to casey fields, the china investment are all good ideas. the olypic park precinct is going to cost us a lot more than casey fields so it could be a full year idea...i know its not the same as bieng under the MCG, but times are changing, we need to smarten up, we need new fire and we need every bit of help we can get....we cant just think everything is alright because we are called melbourne

in terms of playing matches, we need to play at the G, but their needs to be creativity and spark...we have been hearing this for the last 43 years and just like when joe gutnick took over as our "saviour," we went further downhill...

yes maybe we shouldve traded more players at the end of the year but we shouldnt need onfield success to have members and supporters...melbourne will get better on field in time, dont worry about that.

off field, big things are happening and need to continue to happen because i dont care what are name is, we are in a spot of bother to say the least.

Bit like Schwarta saying on SEN yesterday that he will be supporting the Dogs this week.

I remember at a club function several years ago that he said he really thanked the MFC for looking after him whilst he was out injured, how quick he forgets.

He is employed in some capacity at WB and I have no issue with his preferences for the game.

yencks mate- you should care what our name is- your the exact person i'm talking about- we need more passion

Yes we need fire, yes we need everything but I'm telling you now, the afl getting rid of Melbourne is like getting rid of the New York Yankees. Like getting rid of the LA Lakers

Yes we're struggling, but we need everyone to continue supporting our club- Carlton have finished bottom the past 5 years, and we lose one game by 100 points and everyone's talking about re-location and the end of this fine football club??

I DON't THINK SO

CHINS UP

I dont think there is much dount reading between the lines that PG will stand down at next elections. All the signals are there.. I would go as far as to say had there not beenas many changes already happenig that he might have not beenthere this year. I think he has taken the stance to see these changes through and for this stewardship ( possibly at personal harmonious costs ) I thank him.

Its often charged of one leader to find their replacement and I think thats exactly what Gardner is doing. Im a little non-plussed to be truthful at the notion of Stynes stepping straight in the role of Chairman. In fact I find it bizzare. Some time on the board would be requisite I would have thought. I would welcome gladly both Jim and garry to such positions.. Election time this year might be very interesting.

I dont think there is much dount reading between the lines that PG will stand down at next elections. All the signals are there.. I would go as far as to say had there not beenas many changes already happenig that he might have not beenthere this year. I think he has taken the stance to see these changes through and for this stewardship ( possibly at personal harmonious costs ) I thank him.

Its often charged of one leader to find their replacement and I think thats exactly what Gardner is doing. Im a little non-plussed to be truthful at the notion of Stynes stepping straight in the role of Chairman. In fact I find it bizzare. Some time on the board would be requisite I would have thought. I would welcome gladly both Jim and garry to such positions.. Election time this year might be very interesting.

Thank god someone else agrees with my view on PG !!