Help Keep DEMONLAND Alive!!!

Demonland

Hi Guys,

As you know over the last 8 years DEMONLAND has always been (and always will remain) FREE despite the fact that it costs us to run the site. We have to pay hosting fees, domain name registration as well as the time it takes to upload and maintain the site. I have set up a donation link on the homepage in order to encourage the members of this site to help us contribute towards the maintaining of this site that you all love. It will direct you to the PAY PAL site which is completely secure. I don't expect to make money from this and any funds not used directly towards covering the costs of this site will be donated back to the club. I appreciate and thank everyone who assists us in this. Cheers and GO DEMONS,

Andy

--- In order to donate please visit www.demonland.com and click on the Donate buttons to Donate.

Quick query, for those who have no idea (read me!), how much does it actually cost a year to run a site like this one?

It personally cost me $30 each month for the hosting of the site.

The domain name registration costs me about $150 every 2 years.

When our message board was with Aimoo, it used to cost me about $360 a year so that we wouldn't have any pop up ads.

Now that Nasher is hosting the Message Boards I'm not sure what his costs are but I would like to send some of the donation money his way to attempt to cover his costs.

I reckon I have spent approx. $5,000 over the last 8 years not to mention the countless hours creating, updating, moderating and maintaining this site.

I know I have probably overspent over the years but I did it all for the love of our great club.

I hope that helps.

Cheers and thanks to those of you who have already donated. It is greatly appreciated.

Andy

It personally cost me $30 each month for the hosting of the site.

The domain name registration costs me about $150 every 2 years.

When our message board was with Aimoo, it used to cost me about $360 a year so that we wouldn't have any pop up ads.

Now that Nasher is hosting the Message Boards I'm not sure what his costs are but I would like to send some of the donation money his way to attempt to cover his costs.

I reckon I have spent approx. $5,000 over the last 8 years not to mention the countless hours creating, updating, moderating and maintaining this site.

I know I have probably overspent over the years but I did it all for the love of our great club.

I hope that helps.

Cheers and thanks to those of you who have already donated. It is greatly appreciated.

Andy

Thanks Andy...just put some money in the "tin"

Now that Nasher is hosting the Message Boards I'm not sure what his costs are but I would like to send some of the donation money his way to attempt to cover his

It costs me less than what you pay. I didn't actually know you were still paying for hosting. We can probably come to some arrangement for that at some point in the future if you want, let me know.

It costs me less than what you pay. I didn't actually know you were still paying for hosting. We can probably come to some arrangement for that at some point in the future if you want, let me know.

Definitely! PM me and I'm sure we can arrange something.

Sent few bucks over hope it helps.

Me too, happy to help you guys out......

Me too, happy to help you guys out......

Is it possible to give you a cash donation this Saturday at Casey Fields?

Maybe we can organise a meeting spot at half time. Maybe behind the goals that Melbourne were kicking towards in the 2nd quarter.

Also tell me what you will be wearing.

Very much appreciated what Andy and Nasher have done and are doing for MFC to get Demonland up and running. Very interesting to find out what sucha site cost to run. Is this at bare bones level? Demonland at its new home certainly looks more than that! Would you guys add more if had the financial backing?

I was talking to a couple of Admin people at the Family day and noting again the number of MFC members who as always ready to put in hours and personal effort to help our beloved club. you guys and those over at 'ology do gr8 job

Have never understood why MFC could not "afford" to have an official MFC site run properly or efficiently. Now not an option due to Telstra/AFL deal.

Very much appreciated what Andy and Nasher have done and are doing for MFC to get Demonland up and running. Very interesting to find out what sucha site cost to run. Is this at bare bones level? Demonland at its new home certainly looks more than that! Would you guys add more if had the financial backing?

Cheers Tony. There's been a million different things that we've wanted to do over time, such as re-integrate the forums with the main site, to ease the publishing of articles etc. The real issue with the things we have wanted to do has been more time than cash flow related, I find it especially hard to juggle a young family, work and other commitments. Of course we could hire someone else to do this stuff, but then the costs blow out exponentially and I doubt any amount of tin rattling would raise the cash.

We actually paid for a "forever" licence for the forum software which gives us all the features you see. It was pretty good value IMO, especially given how much the old Aimoo forum a> sucked and b> cost.

Tim_ over at Demonology went for his own home brew forum solution, which costs him nothing financially but heaps in time required for development and maintenance. We took the view that shelling out a few hundred bucks was probably the better option for the sake of our sanity!

Cheers Tony. There's been a million different things that we've wanted to do over time, such as re-integrate the forums with the main site, to ease the publishing of articles etc. The real issue with the things we have wanted to do has been more time than cash flow related, I find it especially hard to juggle a young family, work and other commitments. Of course we could hire someone else to do this stuff, but then the costs blow out exponentially and I doubt any amount of tin rattling would raise the cash.

We actually paid for a "forever" licence for the forum software which gives us all the features you see. It was pretty good value IMO, especially given how much the old Aimoo forum a> sucked and b> cost.

Tim_ over at Demonology went for his own home brew forum solution, which costs him nothing financially but heaps in time required for development and maintenance. We took the view that shelling out a few hundred bucks was probably the better option for the sake of our sanity!

The software for Demonland definitely very good value!! No doubt you made the right choice.

Note of course that volunteering to do something for the MFC always ends up requiring many hours work! Its a labour of love after all!! Not that any of us mind if it helps the Dees.

Thank you to everyone who has donated so far. You know who you are. It definitely goes along way to keeping DEMONLAND around and is greartly appreciated by the site administrators and contributors.

Cheers and Go Dees,

Andy

Done! Happy to help a worthy cause. I don't know where I'd be without my daily Demonland visit.

To all Demonland users, please help the guys who work tirelessly to bring us this site. It is very easy to set up and use PayPal to donate to these guys. Every dollar helps.

Thank you Demonland!!!

Another donation here.

I just want to say that I have been an almost daily visitor to this site for the past 8 seasons and it has helped to keep me sane and to get through the day at work. I'm happy to finally be able to give something back to help keep this site online. I don't know where I'd be without it.

Another donation here.

I just want to say that I have been an almost daily visitor to this site for the past 8 seasons and it has helped to keep me sane and to get through the day at work. I'm happy to finally be able to give something back to help keep this site online. I don't know where I'd be without it.

what he said

Howdy Neighbours

Just dropped in to donate some dosh

As a spasmodic poster on 'ology I also read this site a lot lately, so its only fair to give you lot a hand

So all you slackers reading and posting on here get involved and reach for the plastic, its faily painless and you'll feel "special" afterwards

I only recently discovered DEMONLAND and regret that I didn't come across it years ago. You guys are doing a great job ... keep up the good work!

$$ on the way.