Cousins and his Woes!

Guest wheres_jacka

Guest wheres_jacka

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/10...m?section=sport

Police have questioned West Coast Eagles midfielder Ben Cousins in East Perth after pulling over his car.

Police spoke to Cousins for some time while he sat in the back of his four wheel drive.

Officers searched the vehicle and reportedly interviewed Cousins on video camera.

He has been taken by police to the Perth traffic branch

Edited by Demonland
Fixed your link

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Ben Cousins was arrested in Perth 45 mins ago [it's now 4.00pm Melb time] after he was pulled over by police and they searched his car.

Daniel Chick is also being interviewed by police.

Don't know any more details.

apparently there was a female in the car with him, and he was shirtless (dunno if thats a crime in WA or something, but it was reported)...

Haha.

Maybe there's an implication there. He was in the back seat of the car with his shirt off, and there was also a female in the car.

*shrug

i very much doubt cousins will enter the PSD, he'll either be at WCE or retire... also interesting to note daniel chick is being looked at too... i ask what do the two clubs he has played for (WCE and Hawthorn) have in common?

He should enter rehab first....... :unsure:

i very much doubt cousins will enter the PSD, he'll either be at WCE or retire... also interesting to note daniel chick is being looked at too... i ask what do the two clubs he has played for (WCE and Hawthorn) have in common?

They both have birds as mascots and Chris Judd didnt want to play for both of them.......

Cousins will not leave WCE with 1 year of a very lucative contract left. He will play on or his career is over. A pity because he is a great talent.

He might not have a choice. I imagine that there was a clause added to his contract re: behaviour off-field.

...all those playing for the eagles take one step forward ! BEN ...where do you think you're going ??? pppmsl !! :P

He might not have a choice. I imagine that there was a clause added to his contract re: behaviour off-field.

I would have thought WCE would sack him if they had any morals left.

**Meanwhile the AFL buries head deeper in the sand thinking this will all blow over......***

apparently Chick too...and his ( Chicks ) house searched..

Birds of a feather.....***k together..lol

beat me to it.

reporters were all over it before it happened almost. apparently there was a female in the car with him, and he was shirtless (dunno if thats a crime in WA or something, but it was reported)...

Ben Cousins without a shirt is most definitely not a crime.

If they were arresting Whitnall it'll be a different matter.

What a fall from grace for a guy who is an absolute champion on the field, and a complete head case off it.

Anyone advocating that we should possibly look at getting him (sounds to me as if retirement/ jail/ rehab are the more likely options), should think whether they ever want to see one of our boys in this sort of mess.

At this point, I think everyone is getting sick of feeling sorry for him.

Time to face up to your mistakes, you can't hide behind your AFL identity forever.

At this point, I think everyone is getting sick of feeling sorry for him.

Time to face up to your mistakes, you can't hide behind your AFL identity forever.

Not me... never felt sorry for him... I can reserve my sorrow for victims of physical and sexual abuse - people that've had their innocence robbed from them and had to fight real demons. What's Cousin's excuse... too much money, the wrong friends... He's an out and out shitbag. He hangs out with criminals, he shits all over people that care about him and who are trying to help him.

He was taken away in handcuffs - his car was searched and items seized (well you don't have to be Einstein to realise that it wasn't Eagles memrobilia) He was not wearing a shirt so that he could show off his way-cool gangsta tatt. As a result Police are apparently knocking over his friend/accomplice Daniel-dumb-as-dog-[censored] Chick's house. The Eagles will be holding their breath.... the house built on sand!

West Coast have been warned about loss of draft picks if they didnt clean up their drug problems

So in other words

WELCOME TO THE MFC, TRENT COTCHIN

West Coast have been warned about loss of draft picks if they didnt clean up their drug problems

So in other words

WELCOME TO THE MFC, TRENT COTCHIN

Yeah someone on Bigfooty posted this link which makes reference in the last paragraph to potential sanctions:

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200704/s1910049.htm

Picks 3, 12 and 18 certainly sounds good. But the reality is this is a sad situation that has been dealt with poorly by both West Coast and the AFL.

And YM if WC did lose their pick 3 I'd reckon Richmond would no longer feel obliged to pick Morton and go for Cotchin anyway. But, hey, we're allowed to dream. Cotchin would be a just reward for a terrible season.

Yeah someone on Bigfooty posted this link which makes reference in the last paragraph to potential sanctions:

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200704/s1910049.htm

Picks 3, 12 and 18 certainly sounds good. But the reality is this is a sad situation that has been dealt with poorly by both West Coast and the AFL.

And YM if WC did lose their pick 3 I'd reckon Richmond would no longer feel obliged to pick Morton and go for Cotchin anyway. But, hey, we're allowed to dream. Cotchin would be a just reward for a terrible season.

"The Eagles have been put on notice that if they appear before the Commission again they could face a fine, suspension, the loss of draft picks or premiership points."

The WCE were warned and if Cousins has been up to no good it's time for the AFL to act.

Take away their first draft pick at the very least. The Eagles have by their inaction in the past and their tolerance of this all pervading sickness invited action by the AFL. The only question now is whether the Commission and Demetriou have the cahunas to actually do something to this club. They've slapped major santions on us and Carlton for salary cap breaches now let's see if they can walk the walk over the issues that Benny has raised.

My bet is they will do nada.