Rumour going down

Freak

i would 100% say Ryan Murphey is worth pick11...

the player we pick up at 11 would NOT be, Kruiser,cotchin,morton,ebert,masten,henderson,Rance or Mcenvoy...that means we'll be left to pick up the next best midfielder or key position.

ryan murphey is ready to take the competition by storm. he is big, strong and a great kick. AND YOUNG

he will slot straight into CHF which is a massive hole in our team.

that leaves Murphey, Newton, Bate and even Dunn as some seriously good big forwards to take over Neitz who has only 1 season left in him...

people should also remember that we will be getting Meeson for a 3rd rounder, which is an absolute steal. all things equal, Meeson would ussually be worth around pick 21 (a young, talented ruckman drafted at pick 8 only a couple of years ago). so with that steal, we can afford to give up a little more to gain Murphey~

GET MURPHY TO MFC!!!!

trapper is definitely worth sacrifising. he is 27 turning 28, and is a perenial underachiever.

id prefer to start our next generation without him there.

then also we can use pick 4 on Morton, Ebert, Palmer or Cotchin, who will all turn out to be gun midfielders replacing Trapper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may not be Trappers choice in the end. Or am I misinformed ?

on the flip side. Miller is a disadvantage and TJ is over the hill.

You can say many things about TJ but suggesting at 27 going on 28 that he's over the hill is a little unfair - not only to TJ but to any of the Demonlanders who find themselves over the age of 30!

Fremantle will then on-trade this pick 11, as well as their own pick 7 to lure jed adcock to the dockers

hahahha jed adcock is good but if carlton are not prepared to give two first rounders for Judd.....i don't think freo will give them up for adcock...

don't people look at the feaability of trades??

don't get me wrong i love a bit of rumour mongering i love the rumours that come up during trade week....but at least make them somewhat believable

ummm, there is a hell of a big difference between picks 1 and 3 and pick 7 and 11. Nathan Thompson, Brad Ottens acheived two first round picks and Jed Adcock is no exception. Carlton would be prepared to offer 2 first round picks(provided it wasnt their number 1 pick)..but they dont have another pick between 5 and 15 which would help them out.

Can someone please explain to me the difference between an inconsistent foward stuggling to get a run in the firsts for a team that didn't make the finals, who we are going to trade with TJ for Pick 11. To another inconsistent foward who is struggling to get a run in the firsts for a team that didn't make the finals who we are going to receive for pick 11.

Am i missing something. If Ryan Murphy is as good as everyone is saying he is, shouldn't he have been playing and contributing in the Dockers team all year? Was he injured? Or do we think he is better than he is because of last year's final against us? And if that's the case we may as well keep Miller, or trade him outright for pick 11 if we are only getting a similar player in return.

Can someone please explain to me the difference between an inconsistent foward stuggling to get a run in the firsts for a team that didn't make the finals, who we are going to trade with TJ for Pick 11. To another inconsistent foward who is struggling to get a run in the firsts for a team that didn't make the finals who we are going to receive for pick 11.

Am i missing something. If Ryan Murphy is as good as everyone is saying he is, shouldn't he have been playing and contributing in the Dockers team all year? Was he injured? Or do we think he is better than he is because of last year's final against us? And if that's the case we may as well keep Miller, or trade him outright for pick 11 if we are only getting a similar player in return.

I'm with u on this one. Is Ryan Murphy that good?

ppl have being saying Pav and Tarrant's keeping him out but if his that good, shouldn't he be tearing it up on the third defender.

Then they want him to come to MFC to lead our attack which in theory will draw the number 1 defender.

If he struggles with the third defender, good luck beating the number one defenders.

btw don't think his a dud but def. not the superstar everyone here makes him out to be. Pick 11. :lol:

anyone who thinks murphy is not worth pick 11 should have a look at freo's history of trading away gun players. how much were peter bell and james clement giving to freo before they traded them? maybe it's the clubs inability to develop youth thats the problem, not the ability of the player. murphy is a damn good footballer and was a high pick in the draft, he's definately worth pick 11 and if he's on the market freo would want nothing less. as for brad miller........

to reply to the post, im quite happy with that. is murphy better than pick 11, time might tell. however, im a little dissapointed alwyn isnt on the cards

Losing Miller is a must.

Losing Trapper is stupidity, he is one of the only blokes that can spot a target in heavy traffic.

Like Ottens this year for The Cats he is going to click big time eventually & contribute massively towards a flag.

We have invested a decade already & Dean Bailey might just be the Trigger to consistency for Trapper.

Don't do It CAC, I have visions of Trapper winning a Norm Smith in Red & Blue.

Losing Miller is a must.

Losing Trapper is stupidity, he is one of the only blokes that can spot a target in heavy traffic.

Like Ottens this year for The Cats he is going to click big time eventually & contribute massively towards a flag.

We have invested a decade already & Dean Bailey might just be the Trigger to consistency for Trapper.

Don't do It CAC, I have visions of Trapper winning a Norm Smith in Red & Blue.

Quite right you are. However we have invested 5 or so years in Miller, maybe Bailey will get something out of him too?

Okay, Firstly, The blues would not give up Marc Murphy for anything, he didnt want to play for brisbane when they could of got him father/son so what makes you think he would want to now. Secondly, if Symes can't get game time for port how is he gonna get game time for geelong considering there star studded line up. And what do the eagles get out of all this???? they lose judd and end up with nothing, i think not! And also why does everyone want to trade Johnstone and Miller, i think they can both really start to perform well if they work hard in the off season and i think the new coaching staff will get that out of them. As for your source i dont think it is a very reliable one.

Peace!