DEMONS DRAFT BID IN JUDD BATTLE

Pinball Wizard

Greg Denham of The Australian discloses that Melbourne has held discussions with the Eagles in the hope that both clubs could come to a deal if Chris Judd nominates the club as a relocation option - DEMONS DRAFT BID IN JUDD BATTLE.

"Melbourne has the fourth pick in the November national draft, behind the Blues (one and three) and Richmond (two).

The Demons chairman, who was not part of Melbourne's presentation to Judd last Friday at the MCG, said he believed Judd had been impressed by the Demons' level of passion.

Next month, Melbourne could be in a better position to satisfy the Eagles as it has several top players who could be traded to other clubs.

Forward Russell Robertson, who is managed by Judd's agent Paul Connors, is out of contract and has attracted the interest of the Western Bulldogs, who have selection No5 in the draft.

Melbourne has made it clear it will not budge on a two-year offer it made this month to Robertson, and the Bulldogs are tempting him with a three-year deal.

Other players, including midfielder Travis Johnstone, could be off-loaded by new coach Dean Bailey and general manager of football operations Chris Connolly. Gardner confirmed Melbourne would consider any offers for players, including Johnstone."

Can't help but think that Robbo has probably chosen to play hard ball with his contract at the worst possible time with Judd in the market at present.

Talking highly of the Bulldogs, and holding out for 3 years has put his name well and truly on the trade table.

If Robbo really does want to stay, and was calling the clubs bluff, then it could backfire on him badly.

Can't help but think that Robbo has probably chosen to play hard ball with his contract at the worst possible time with Judd in the market at present.

Talking highly of the Bulldogs, and holding out for 3 years has put his name well and truly on the trade table.

If Robbo really does want to stay, and was calling the clubs bluff, then it could backfire on him badly.

i also have the feeling that if judd wants the demons robbo is gone for sure, not only for draft pick reasons but also salary cap and money reasons!

I believe that Robbo is as good as gone.

I just hope that his departure, helps us get Judd, otherwise it will be a very bitter pill to swallow for supporters.

He should have taken the 2 years. I am surprised that he's being so stubborn.

Guest unstable punt
For some, maybe. Personally I'll find it fairly easy to swallow given his stubborness and the way he plays.

yeah, I don't think its too heartbreaking that he's going to go

I agree. I love what he's done at the club over 200 plus games, and would miss his highlight reel plays next year, but if he wants to hold the club to ransom, let him go.

That's his call, not the clubs.

Any news on when Judd meets with the McPies?

For some, maybe. Personally I'll find it fairly easy to swallow given his stubborness and the way he plays.

Amen to that. :rolleyes:

He has been good for the club in many respects such as drawing-in supporters and so forth, but over the last few years I've grown to.. strongly dislike the way he rolls on the field, and now off with this contract business.

Sure he kicks bags of goals, takes awesome marks and acts as the footy hero for many young Demon fans, but we'll be better off without him for reasons I personally have made known in other topics.

....we'll be better off without him for reasons I personally have made known in other topics.

I think you take the thought of trading Robbo as part of a Judd deal to an extreme here. If Robbo cannot come at a 2 year deal then I agree look to sending him elsewhere whether or not it is part of deal for Judd.

To say we would be better of without him is off the mark. The question is whether or not we need him. IMO we can get by without him.

Maybe he has been told or believes that he will only get another season out of his body and he is looking for a payday. Maybe he is only looking for security if his form tapers off. Who knows?

I think you take the thought of trading Robbo as part of a Judd deal to an extreme here. If Robbo cannot come at a 2 year deal then I agree look to sending him elsewhere whether or not it is part of deal for Judd.

This very true. Robbo is a sideshow, not the main event. events surrounding Robbo may or may not become part of teh overall dealings of the club in relation to Judd but they are not because of it.... Only real similarity or connection is they are both possible trades in trade week..Thats about it :)

Go back a year and I would have been totally devastated at the mere thought of Robbo in anything but red and blue.....now, thanks for all the wonderful memories, you really did put your heart and soul into the club, but - SEE YA!

He has always been one of my favourites but I get really frustrated the way everytime he cops a knock he rolls around on the ground like they are going to have to bring the screen out and shoot him. 5 minutes later he is up running around again. I know he has been struck with the injury curse this year but you watch any game he is in and see what i mean.

Having said that, I am still a huge fan - the guy is one massive spunk and Chris Judd can't compete with him there!!!

To say we would be better of without him is off the mark. The question is whether or not we need him. IMO we can get by without him.

Sorry, I didn't really make myself clear. It all made sense in my head!

I meant that regardless of whether he ends up being part of the Judd deal through a trade to the Bulldogs for picks which can then be handed over to the Eagles for the Lord Judd or not, the thought of getting rid of Robbo has crossed my mind long before Judd was put on the market.

I'm saying we would be better off without him, really meaning that I would be better off without him.

But you're right in saying that we could get by without him.

After all, we have Juice Newton. ;)

He has always been one of my favourites but I get really frustrated the way everytime he cops a knock he rolls around on the ground like they are going to have to bring the screen out and shoot him. 5 minutes later he is up running around again. I know he has been struck with the injury curse this year but you watch any game he is in and see what i mean.

Having said that, I am still a huge fan - the guy is one massive spunk and Chris Judd can't compete with him there!!!

Hmm yeah he's OK... :lol:

I'm saying we would be better off without him, really meaning that I would be better off without him.

How does trading/keeping Robbo affects you personally? Isn't this about whether or not trading him helps improve our list in the short and long run?

I'm so confused! :wacko:

How does trading/keeping Robbo affects you personally? Isn't this about whether or not trading him helps improve our list in the short and long run?

Don't you understand? He is the Melbourne Football Club

It's COS I DON'T LIKE HIM!

That's it.

I don't want him at Melbourne cos I don't like him.

And I hate seeing him play like a selfish brat in the red and blue.

Granted I shouldn't be making personal attacks on Robbo but I can't hold back when there's all this talk of getting rid of him/letting him go.

That's all. :rolleyes:

It's COS I DON'T LIKE HIM!

That's it.

I don't want him at Melbourne cos I don't like him.

And I hate seeing him play like a selfish brat in the red and blue.

Granted I shouldn't be making personal attacks on Robbo but I can't hold back when there's all this talk of getting rid of him/letting him go.

That's all. :rolleyes:

Ok then...

I don't think I've ever met a Melbourne supporter who had such strong negative feelings about Robbo!

:mellow:

Jaded is almost MRS ROBERTSON - if she can accept he might need to move on, we all can.......

Ha, not quite!

But yes, Robbo has been a favourite of mine for a long long time. I never want to see him play for another club, but he does not deserve 3 years.

If he doesn't want to accept the 2, he can go.

I love Melbourne more than I love any individual player.