• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

My 3 word player analysis V The Cockers

joeboy

Brown - continues to shine

Carroll - barber deserves conviction

Ferguson - devoid of strength

Ward - devoid of ability

Miller - devoid of passion

Green - only classy performer

Jones - quicker decisions needed

Dunn - needs settled position

Johnston - looking towards vacation

Pickett - loved his aggression

Buckley - has shown little

Bode - little to commend

C. Johnson - chances have expired

P. Johnson - lacks football understanding

Neitz - no captain's leadership

Bruce - diabolical foot disposal

Robertson - playing out time

Newton - major disappointment today

White - pointless ruck domination

Sylvia - played without purpose

McLean - fast losing captaincy

Jamar - nothing to commend

Mark Riley - what's a structure?

I thought players deserving commendation were Carrol, Brown, Green, Pickett and Robbo.

CJ and Bode did a few very good things, and massive kudos to Jamar for flattening that Freo player, easily the highlight of the match.

Ward - devoid of ability

Bode - little to commend

Most of those are so off the ball it's not funny, Neita not captain leadership? What the hell? did you see the way he stuck up for young Dunn when he was getting hassled and copped about 4 dockers attacking him?

And CJ, great game today, one of the few shining lights, his disposal and attack on the ball were both very good today, nice change for once. And there was a passage of play where he handballed, received, speared on robbo's chest...

It's always a pleasure watching Jones and McLean throw themselves at the contest.

McLean's game was a huge improvement from last week, when he was clearly underdone.

Thought Green gave us a lot of good movement from the half back line, and Robbo was a good target up forward.

Also thought that CJ stood out with his disposal. We can't be too hard on players who can hit a target.

Very disappointed with everyone else, especially Jeff White. He had no influence around the ground, and his hit- outs went to nobody. I'd rest him next week and start looking at what clubs are willing to offer for an AA ruckman.

i disagree with these. i dont know why but i like what little i see of CJ. Neitz showed his usual leadership, cant throw blame onto him regarding leadership. Robertson was ok, our most dangerous forward. Newton wasnt a 'Major' dissapointment today. a little dissappointing maybe.

Mclean worked his but off today and showed leadership through providing an example of working hard to win the ball. a good game by him. overly critical analysis of Mclean.

otherwize agree with the other alaysis

Ok smartarse what's your opinion of the players ?

ok then buddy... first of all to say Mclean is losing leadership is utter crap! he had 23 possies and if u had watched the game u would have seen that he had to try and man up other opponents because half his teamates were lazy and [censored]! that is true leadership. And newton to be a major disappointment?? wtf! are u expecting to him to kick 5 goals every game. players take time. he has shown us all that he can play and will be a real talent in years to come. robbo playing out time? watever, the guy puts in 100% every game and tries his best. something i admire. and to say CJ chances have expied is why i think u didn't even watch the game. his disposal by foot and hand are lazer like. some that can actually hit a target! the rest i sorta agree but i reckon bode showed a bit. another who can hit a target.

ok then buddy... first of all to say Mclean is losing leadership is utter crap! he had 23 possies and if u had watched the game u would have seen that he had to try and man up other opponents because half his teamates were lazy and [censored]! that is true leadership. And newton to be a major disappointment?? wtf! are u expecting to him to kick 5 goals every game. players take time. he has shown us all that he can play and will be a real talent in years to come. robbo playing out time? watever, the guy puts in 100% every game and tries his best. something i admire. and to say CJ chances have expied is why i think u didn't even watch the game. his disposal by foot and hand are lazer like. some that can actually hit a target! the rest i sorta agree but i reckon bode showed a bit. another who can hit a target.

On reflection I think I may have been over - critical of McLean , but he has set such a high level for himself that we ( I ) expect him to perform herculean efforts each week .

It's always a pleasure watching Jones and McLean throw themselves at the contest.

McLean's game was a huge improvement from last week, when he was clearly underdone.

Thought Green gave us a lot of good movement from the half back line, and Robbo was a good target up forward.

Also thought that CJ stood out with his disposal. We can't be too hard on players who can hit a target.

Very disappointed with everyone else, especially Jeff White. He had no influence around the ground, and his hit- outs went to nobody. I'd rest him next week and start looking at what clubs are willing to offer for an AA ruckman.

We need one of the big boys back @ Sandy next week for the first week of finals, Jamar I think.

Mclean was good today, but the best for me was his 2nd 3rd and 4th efforts

Brown while getting 11 disposals in the first 3 of those were stuff ups until he finally hit robbo, but his opponent bell had 10 possessions and should have had 1 goal if not 2, I'm sorry but he never hurts the opponents enough and bell won the day easily.

Ward, what more can you say.................WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD LET THIS HACK KICK OUT!!!!

Jamar- rucked to freo.

I mean how often did he tap it straight to a freo player, he gave them 2 goals FFS.

You summed White up perfectly.

Agree 100% about Neitz as skipper. Yesterday was his last for the club in that post. It was bad enough when his body was up to it but when he's playing at well below full capacity there's no way he can lead by example as a captain should.

If he plays next year he should be rank and file. Even in that capacity he would give leadership but someone else has to take up the reins.

I can't believe no one has commented on Dunn.... did I miss something.

He tagged Haselby and gave him an absolute bath. The Dockers weren't happy about it and were into him at every stoppage. Too his credit he didn't take a backward step and actually dished a bit back. He had 13 possessions to Haselby's ten... which considering how often he get's the ball in other games is a massive step forward for us finding another run with player (and one who can hit team mates lace out) I thought he was one of our best.

I've been massively undewhelmed by CJ this year.... he had some blinding moments in the game, but he goes missing for very long stretches... I was a big rap because he has skills, size and pace.. he should get one more year, let's hope he develops some consistency.

Newton was again very encouraging, the other forwards could learn a thing or two about second and third efforts from Juice.

Lets face facts everyone was pretty crap. Did loose by 59 points.

I dont know how you can find five positives.

Only 3 I saw.

Miller had agression at the footy again, shame his disposal and skill let him down (cancels each other out, not really a positive)

Pickett had excellent 1 percenters. (Positive)

CJ finally showed me something, he played well (positive).

Otherwise, dull dull day.

I can't believe no one has commented on Dunn.... did I miss something.

He tagged Haselby and gave him an absolute bath.

I only realised that today when i read it in the paper, i actually don't remember hearing Haselby's name at all so big sorry to Dunn!

Jamar- rucked to freo.

I mean how often did he tap it straight to a freo player, he gave them 2 goals FFS.

You summed White up perfectly.

The hitout count for the game was a whopping 53 to 15 in our favour. and yet once

again we got smashed in the clearances, says it all really doesnt it.

Oh, and Mark Jamar had a whopping 1 posessions for the game. Yes 1, and that was in the

fourth quarter. Enjoy the finals series for Sandringham, Mark...

The hitout count for the game was a whopping 53 to 15 in our favour. and yet once

again we got smashed in the clearances, says it all really doesnt it.

Oh, and Mark Jamar had a whopping 1 posessions for the game. Yes 1, and that was in the

fourth quarter. Enjoy the finals series for Sandringham, Mark...

Jamar is injured. Has been all year. carried it through season.

Jamar is injured. Has been all year. carried it through season.

Then what is he still playing for? He should've been booked into season-ending

surgery at the time Yze, Whelan and co were. Carrying an injury is no excuse,

we know Robbo and Neita are nowehere near fit but they are at least competing

to a somewhat acceptable level.

Ward - devoid of ability

Bode - little to commend

Hey JB, you forgot Belly. Didn't site him all day. And talk about loose.