Some things id like to talk about

BrownlowBruce

Where to begin?

So many issues this season that have left me frustrated and angry as much as any of you........

round 1.... melbourne shocking start to the season, bad skillful display cost them dearly.....

The first issue that came up.... THE YZE SAGA..... Adem yze has been a great servent of our club hes been there every week for 10 years thru the hard times and the good times....

Adem Yze inthe end had to ask to be dropped so we read in the papers etc... but the funny thing is .... everyone on here wanted him to be dropped. blaming him of of glory seeking (playin for the record) if anything i belive this would have been motivating him too play..... the lack of respect a veteran of our club gets its dismal, he may not go under and get the ball in the stoppages..... but for how many years were his silky skills soo usefull for us. Now he may be a forward mainly but he still manges to kick the freak goal week in week out, now if thats not enough to lift a team wat is?

People cant understand that u need fringe players or people that wont go under to get the ball if we had 20 of these players whos going to be there to receive the ball?

As for recent talk lets trade him? not in our best 22.....Why didnt we trade him?

Quote from deanox

"i get the feeling that you've decided to take it upon yourself to be illogical and champion a cause just because you think it might even up the discussion or something? there are no reasons why you would defend bruce to the teeth in this discussion. he is tradable without a doubt, if we can get ourselves into a better position with that trade. when was the last time he won a game off his own boot? not recently. and the way you attack other players, including brock mclean is illogical and uninformed. do you have a personal grudge against him? because if not you will realise that brock is a player who can win games off his own boot. bruce can, but hasnt for a while, and at 27 it is getting past him.

consider the careers of bizzel and yze as of today. while biz has produced some honest performances down back this year, he is realistically on his way out, most likely his last year. the game, it seems, has gone past yze. he has struggled for a couple of years now and is really well past it. i would be srprised if he gets more than one year at the end of this season. both players could of been traded a couple of years ago (when they were 27) and we prob would have got great value for them. a couple of years on and we are stuck with them underperforming. if bruces kicking doesnt improve he could well go down this path (laugh if you will but how good was yze 3 years ago?). if we can get a 1st and 2nd round draft pick for bruce, we'd be mad not to take it. the young kids coming through would play with the current group of under 23s for 7+ years, giving us a chance at a premiership that having bruce won't. therin lies the reason why you dont trade mclean. he is part of that next group. even if bruce is a better player in your eyes, bruce will be gone in 5 years, mclean still has 10 at least. maybe 12."

For now i dont think he is worth much at any other club.....

At our club he is worth much more.....experience , leadership with much of u think he lacks , and too many supporters a player they grew up to love...

You look at other clubs.... veteran players would never even be thought about aas trade bate..... as they are the heart and soul of the club.

You may look back and say why didnt we trade him? ill tell u why.... because he has never had a poor season... ever... he always has found the ball and in more recent years has found the goals.... 30 -40 goals? u may not say alot.... but a midfilder/half back flanker to change position is not an easy role. With this the criticism of his kicking came.... only due to the fact he was now takin set shots not on the run which is prefered by most midfield type players....

keep him, or why not trade him.... Jeff Farmer , Shane woewodin, Add adem yze to list .... sure they you might not think they are the best players..... but to younger kids and people who support the MFC these players were all stars and the younger kids on the field im sure would look up to them no matter wat..

soo who to the likes of mclean look up to? noone .... 22 and 23 year old players lookin up to them selves....Trade all the players u like.... and u can see wat happens.. lack of leadership , experience. People arent passionate about just the MFC they are passinoate about the players....

look at half the peopel in this forum... DazzleDavey, BrownlowBruce, Lord Travis. to name a few.... they obviously have a cult follwing for one player or another.... how many supporters do u think have the same... how many supporters do u drive away?

SO do we trade brock mclean when he is 28?

Yze has not struggled for a couple of years... at all. explain urself

i think u are more worried about tryin to develop a premiership side... than worrying about who stays at the club...... ur main focus may be to win a premiership but if this doesnt work , its a hard additude but when u fail u look even worse.... all u are going to lose is supporters and players who serve the club longer than almost anyone (YZE) players that younger players would have watched when they were first wanting to play AFL... Players that may have futures after they leave playing AFL.. are lost.... goodbye.... never seen again

Sure try win ur ..... premiership... but ull lose many supporters hearts along the way. And there is tooo many of u on this site... that lack the passion to defend a player or coach when the team is down. because in the end .... winning is everything for u. not to enjoy the football or the contest.. or a great goal or mark.

Winning :D or .... lets get rid of this player :angry:

5 weeks in ...... the demize of miller & daniher...

I dont have alot to say on danihers behalf..... for a start he has had a tough list to contend with... not only have we had lots of injurie selection problems.... the problem of less players on the bench during most games.....

Really melbourne has played below par in games where they shouldnt have tho.... for example The richmond or earlier this year the st kilda game....

For all those agro supporters on here callin for danihers blood should maybe think about the finals we reached in his 10 years..... and while we may have only won a few finals..... the playing group is much to blame than the coach....

I am neither fussed if he stays or goes..... the only reason i feel he must go.... is Change....

somtimes a change may be good for the club that is just oing thru the motions.... Daniher still has my respect and has been a loyal coach to the club and i am looking forward to the boards decision at years end.... Not now ... or not in a few weeks! why the hell would u put the MFC into more troubles mid seaons.

Miller..... The most hated of alll players at MFC....

I ask u a question....

Wat if we won last year against freo ..

Wat if brad kicked straight in the last qrt.....

bit of luck went our way like the st kilda game.

When abit of luck went brock mcleans way

WE win....

BRAD MILLER is the new captain of MFC

sounds abit like the whole brock mclean situation doesnt it? i know thats a alot of wat ifs? but its exacly the same scenario....

as said in a post recently Brock Mclean is overrated... i dont hate the guy, i love him like all of u, but i am not as stupid as u to rate him so highly .... i rate him high on potential for the future. he has been injury prone his whole career.... he has played some good games... like miller and has played well in one final like miller.

Alot of people called miller a leader as litttle as 1-2 years ago.... JADED u will know wat i am talkin about. (a possibility for next captain)

brad miller has as much potential at the club as anyone..... he was in our best in atleast 3 games this year and only has played about 8 or 9 games....

if we had a much better team effort once again and won.... BRAD miller is a star...

Half the people on this site are on the losing Bandwagon.... everyone is happy and loving untill we lose... Trade this player drop that player...

somtimes u have to be more realistic we arent going to trade 10 players and delist 5 others.

as for others suggesting dunn should get a game this week he was crap in the VFL and miller has been ok and good the last 2 weeks....

EXPLAIN ur self?

Melbourne VS richmond

AS for that game.... pfft... im not surprised we lost.... the amount of supporters that were there for a sat night game was CRAP.... 45 000 or somthin

With about 40 000 richmond supporters.... and by halftime the other half of melbourne supportes where were u ?

Roll over and die... because its evident u cant hack losing like Jack clement said in another post.... a real leader goes down with his ship... u offer nothin to the club and are the reason why our support is soo low.... i dont care if ur been a member since 1889 .... if we want to built the club.... we have to start supporting the club in mass numbers ... noone will follow a minority.....

Lets talk about cameron bruce.... our most versatile player ... our best player and a candidate for next captain.... IMO i think he should and will get it, but im am not fussed if he doesnt, if he gets traded on the other hand ..... ahhh right.... i dont think so. 3 years he has been our most consistant our most damaging and our most prolific player....

But in ur eyes, Not hard enough... i wish i could be stuffed going to get all the stats for u idiots... but i cant.. so i willl generalise

Tackles- he is one of our most prolific players in tackles laid..

Hard ball gets- he was our leader in hard ball gets this season

Marks- Was and still is i think leading marks this season and was in the top 3 last season. ( go on say it.... "cheap possesions on the backline)

Bruce is one of the only midfeilders that has presented every game win or lose week in week out he leads up the middle of the ground presenting for our backmen.... dont belive me ... watch the sydney game classic example....

Bruces kicking has gone abit funny this year i will admit.... but the last 2-3 games it has been clearly not a big factor and many of u contiue to say it in ur weekly thought of the game.... is this just anger? or are u for real?

coz our dispoasal has been [censored] since round 1. People were quick to defend davey against the pies. Bell against any side....

Jaded u wanted me to read ur stat...... on ur signature....

Judd 1.28 points per minute on the ground or watever the ....

to brocks 1.27... Daylight blah blah blah...

great article that.... he lacked hard evidence.... but for memory .... he quoted...

"Cameron Bruce MFC best player" did he not?

so maybe u should pipe down? and as a moderator should you be telling anyone to pipe down? as this is a place where people can place their opinions... can they not?

also i belive u should stop mentioning ur a moderator to every second poster.... because i dont think it means u have more credibilaty than anyone else....

Yze magik... the person i loved to hate..... bizzare but.... i understand somtimes why u say stupid stuff... this site is frustrating and half the people on it..

i know rhino richards will have fun finding every spelling error or punctuation mistake i have made in this entire post..

for now i will finish.... really i dont care how many people read this... how many people hate me.... how many people think this is chidish...

this post is all over the place ... but i dont care

some of u.. should take a look at urself....

hmm..wont adresss all.. could be here all day

firstly had a look at self....yep...just as ugly as this morning.. :-)

Miller isnt hated.. we just question the viability of his inclusion in the 1st's..

Fans dont win or lose games.. players do and by referal coaches do.

MFC might need to build the product... we dont !! and if they build it...they will come :-))

would I trade Brocky at 28?? in a sec if I thought it was best for the club.

Dont trade stalwarts.. ?

then you may not remember clubs trading folk such as Peter Moore or Templeton, Croswell ...and i could go on ... ( showing age a bit )

Players are players.. ..I barrack for a TEAM !! Teams win premierships.. ( well ours doesnt..but.... )

I understnd ( as will many ) you have a liking. for Bruce. Good for you. Many also rate him, just not as high or impervious to criticism as yourself.

Danners may have got us to a few finals...but each time we were woefully underprepared and /or comptent to the task.

When its all shook out...thats all that matters..

BIG RED SIGNING IN:

Can I have confirmation whether this is the longest post ever on this site..

you have a 10-4 there Big Red !! :-)

BIG RED SIGNING IN:

Can I have confirmation whether this is the longest post ever on this site..

DappaDan would be shattered! :lol:

BB, good for you for loving all of our players despite their obvious downfalls (being a true supporter means loving the team despite their flaws), but your obsession with me and my opinions is starting to make me nervous. :unsure:

DappaDan would be shattered! :lol:

BB, good for you for loving all of our players despite their obvious downfalls (being a true supporter means loving the team despite their flaws), but your obsession with me and my opinions is starting to make me nervous. :unsure:

i have no obsession with u or ur opinions- which often i do not agree with...

Well you have correctly identified that there is a core of players that supporters are not happy with!

No one could realistically expect us to win the premiership every year or even be contender every year (pity those that do) but the frustration is valid and it is IMO that, the coaching staff and core of senior players have failed to influence the manner in which the team so spasmodically deviates between brilliant and diabolical over a given number of quarters, weeks, months and years. This frustration is extrapolated into crticisims of individuals.

You really shouldn't be so precious about things BB. Not every post and poster here is about negativity. We are merely reinforcing our posititvity that things can and should be better. I really am starting to think you are related to one of the players (but probably not Brock)?

WE win....

sounds abit like the whole brock mclean situation doesnt it? i know thats a alot of wat ifs? but its exacly the same scenario....

Seriously you are an idiot if you think we all want brock captain just because of that St. Kilda game.

And there is NO WAY anyone would be saying to make brad miller captain after one good game. He had a shocking season last year

He's having another shocking season this year. He should be traded

Brock on the other hand, even i was a doubter of his ability 04/05. But he has performed to a high standard all 06 and the games he has played 07 ( bar richmond game), and Brad Miller wishes he had as much talent as McLeans pinky finger.

Bruce on the other hand i agree with you... except that he is the best player of the mfc. I definately think he is up there but he is not the best.

Why do you think Brock was captain on friday night? Even Daniher can see who's Melbourne future. But Bruce should definately not be traded.

I agree with everything you said apart from we need change, we dont need change its too un-stabilising.

Yes, exactly, awesome.

Let's sit on our hands, close our eyes, wish really really hard and then we'll win a premiership.

Let's not change anything. We might as well re-sign Daniher for another 10 years, because you know, like in 10 years maybe not winning a flag will still not be his fault. And of course we can't trade any of our really cool players, because it's not like it's their fault that we're losing either.

Change is un-stabilising (it's destabilising btw) for who exactly?

For our supporters who have been along for the ride, season after season?

Maybe for David Neitz who will retire without a premiership?

Oh I know, it's un-stabilising for some of our down-hill skiers who get an easy ride as long as Daniher is there, because he keeps playing them even when they don't perform.

You came back to tell us that we shouldn't do anything but ride out yet another disappointing season? Totally awesome!

Totally bite me. As you said in one of your recent posts if you have a god damn problem with me IM me

No problem at all.

Just trying to make you accountable for what you say. Clearly you think that nobody is at fault and that it is pure bad luck that we've won 2 games, are currently 15th and just lost to the worse team in the competition.

Being optimistic is great... until it turns you delusional.

That is not what I said. I think its easy to blame ND because he is the front man and the easiest target. Where do u look first with the rest of the team? St Kilda changed coach, have exactly the same team where has it got them? Nowhere. So obviously the problem wasnt the coach its just the easiest thing to get rid of, Ross Lyon was just a band aid for St Kilda and band aids always fall off. I dont think we should make the same stupid decision just because ND is the easiest person to blame

That is not what I said. I think its easy to blame ND because he is the front man and the easiest target. Where do u look first with the rest of the team? St Kilda changed coach, have exactly the same team where has it got them? Nowhere. So obviously the problem wasnt the coach its just the easiest thing to get rid of, Ross Lyon was just a band aid for St Kilda and band aids always fall off. I dont think we should make the same stupid decision just because ND is the easiest person to blame

You can't compare Daniher to Thomas.

The Saints made the finals the year they sacked him, and he wasn't at the Saints nearly as long as Daniher has been at Melbourne. His sacking had as much to do with his friendship with Butterss, as it did with is coaching ability.

So you say Daniher shouldn't be blamed, as he is just an easy target.

But then we can't blame senior players either like Bruce or Yze because they are fantastic footballers.

Tell me, if change is so destabilising, what does continuous failure do?

You can't compare Daniher to Thomas.

The Saints made the finals the year they sacked him, and he wasn't at the Saints nearly as long as Daniher has been at Melbourne. His sacking had as much to do with his friendship with Butterss, as it did with is coaching ability.

So you say Daniher shouldn't be blamed, as he is just an easy target.

But then we can't blame senior players either like Bruce or Yze because they are fantastic footballers.

Tell me, if change is so destabilising, what does continuous failure do?

The comparison between Daniher and Thomas has some validity - both had massively underperforming teams with decent lists. I would say that St Kilda's list is/was significantly better than Melbourne's. Clearly personality conflicts had a lot to do with it but you could still find some justification.

The Ross Lyon charge by OTDB is harsh though as it generally takes at least 2-3 years to get a team playing the style of football a coach wants. Also the win over the eagles at Subiaco wasn't bad ;)

The jury is out as to whether he can take the saints to a flag in the next 3 years but I'm convinced ND can't with Melbourne.

Id go as far as to say Thomas's exit was nearer 75% to do with the estrangement with Butterrs. StKilda is not....how shall we say it, a club where harmony and co-operation is the norm. It's a club where quiet is but an agreed truce !! That can haemorage at any moment.

it will come as no surprise to anyone now that danners may be released. But it was a hell of a shock to many at the Sainters that Thomas was bundled out. They're a strange mob down at ol Linton Ave :-) I I say that nicely as I have a soft spot for the Saints.

wow. where do i start? i will first of all say that i agree with a lot of what you wrote, and that it is a breath of fresh air for one of your posts to be so reasonably constructed and based on a logical argument, rather than an emotional out-pour. although i believe you probably wrote this post in frustration, which means the logic was probably an accident :P

Adem Yze inthe end had to ask to be dropped so we read in the papers etc... but the funny thing is .... everyone on here wanted him to be dropped. blaming him of of glory seeking (playin for the record) if anything i belive this would have been motivating him too play..... the lack of respect a veteran of our club gets its dismal, he may not go under and get the ball in the stoppages..... but for how many years were his silky skills soo usefull for us. Now he may be a forward mainly but he still manges to kick the freak goal week in week out, now if thats not enough to lift a team wat is?

People cant understand that u need fringe players or people that wont go under to get the ball if we had 20 of these players whos going to be there to receive the ball?

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-melb...emons--adem-yze

here are yzes stats the last few years. the last 3 have been his lowest years for average disposals since 2000, he is also averaging .5 goals per game this season. hardly 1 freak goal per game. he is lucky to kick one. players like yze are, when on song, damaging players with the ability to turn a match. he can kick freak goals, he can take great marks. he no longer does either often enough, and when you arent doing enough of the good things (kicking goals) your deficiency's become glaringly obvious. your lack of chase, the choice you make to kick off the ground instead of trying to pick it up, the selfish snap instead of the pass to an open player become the focus if you havnt kicked 4 goals yourself. that is what is happening with yze.

As for recent talk lets trade him? not in our best 22.....Why didnt we trade him?

i think if you read what i said, you will find that i never said he wasnt in our best 22 3 years ago. in fact read it again and you'll find i wrote "how good was yze 3 years ago?" it is a rhetorical question. he was fantastic when he was kicking bags and getting close to 20 kicks a game. and you will find that this is the crux of my argument about why you would trade bruce if the right trade came along. bruce, while playing good football, his kicking isnt up to scratch. i dont believe we will win a premiership while he is around. we need a new ruck and a new FF before that will happen, we are still just a bit away from it. IF we can get a great trade for bruce, i advocate taking it. only if its a great trade for good draft picks, because then we can build for the future.

i liked my quote about the trading of bruce and the comparison with yze so much that i decided to leave it in here again. the argument for trading bruce for good value is made well in this quote:

...there are no reasons why you would defend bruce to the teeth in this discussion. he is tradable without a doubt, if we can get ourselves into a better position with that trade. when was the last time he won a game off his own boot? not recently. and the way you attack other players, including brock mclean is illogical and uninformed. do you have a personal grudge against him? because if not you will realise that brock is a player who can win games off his own boot. bruce can, but hasnt for a while, and at 27 it is getting past him.

consider the careers of bizzel and yze as of today. while biz has produced some honest performances down back this year, he is realistically on his way out, most likely his last year. the game, it seems, has gone past yze. he has struggled for a couple of years now and is really well past it. i would be surprised if he gets more than one year at the end of this season. both players could of been traded a couple of years ago (when they were 27) and we prob would have got great value for them. a couple of years on and we are stuck with them underperforming. if bruces kicking doesnt improve he could well go down this path (laugh if you will but how good was yze 3 years ago?). if we can get a 1st and 2nd round draft pick for bruce, we'd be mad not to take it. the young kids coming through would play with the current group of under 23s for 7+ years, giving us a chance at a premiership that having bruce won't. therin lies the reason why you dont trade mclean. he is part of that next group. even if bruce is a better player in your eyes, bruce will be gone in 5 years, mclean still has 10 at least. maybe 12.

and now back to your post...

For now i dont think he is worth much at any other club.....

At our club he is worth much more.....experience , leadership with much of u think he lacks , and too many supporters a player they grew up to love...

that sounds to me like you are saying bruce isnt much chop? i disagree and think many other clubs would find him valuable. i think the bulldogs, fremantle, geelong, essendon and hawthorn would all jump at the chance to get bruce for various reason. he would add to all their lists, freeing up other players to play in other positions, helping to teach the younger kids. the bulldogs and freo think they could win it this year or next, bruce would add to that.

what would they pay for him?

im not sure. if it was a good deal i'd take it. if they offered a first round and a 2nd round we'd be silly to say no.

You look at other clubs.... veteran players would never even be thought about aas trade bate..... as they are the heart and soul of the club.

You may look back and say why didnt we trade him? ill tell u why.... because he has never had a poor season... ever... he always has found the ball and in more recent years has found the goals.... 30 -40 goals? u may not say alot.... but a midfilder/half back flanker to change position is not an easy role. With this the criticism of his kicking came.... only due to the fact he was now takin set shots not on the run which is prefered by most midfield type players....

bruce has kicked more than 30 goals in a season only twice since 2000, in 2001 and 2004. in fact he average 1.1 goal a game, about 22 a season if he plays all the games. not 30 to 40 like you claim. this year he is averaging .4 goals per game, well done on his career average.

keep him, or why not trade him.... Jeff Farmer , Shane woewodin, Add adem yze to list .... sure they you might not think they are the best players..... but to younger kids and people who support the MFC these players were all stars and the younger kids on the field im sure would look up to them no matter wat..

soo who to the likes of mclean look up to? noone .... 22 and 23 year old players lookin up to them selves....Trade all the players u like.... and u can see wat happens.. lack of leadership , experience. People arent passionate about just the MFC they are passinoate about the players....

look at half the peopel in this forum... DazzleDavey, BrownlowBruce, Lord Travis. to name a few.... they obviously have a cult follwing for one player or another.... how many supporters do u think have the same... how many supporters do u drive away?

i agree and believe you have a valid point here regarding supporters favourites. however i think that a premiership is more important than a player. maybe not as important as david neitz, but more important than cameron bruce or adem yze. if bruce finishes his career with the dees and get 250 games then he will be in a different situation, but at this stage he has played 150 and is still up for trade.

who will brock look up to you ask? well there are a plethora of senior players at this club, neitz, white, yze, bruce, green, godfrey, the list goes on, who have all been here for a while. brock is now in the leadership group. while he is still learning, i dont think he is in a position where he needs instruction from elders. he will learn leadership from neitz not bruce.

SO do we trade brock mclean when he is 28?

yes, if he is underperforming and it is to the betterment of our team. but i dont think we will have to.

Yze has not struggled for a couple of years... at all. explain urself

yes he has. everyone here agrees that he has, in fact it has been a subject of debate for a number of years. check the link i posted above if you want stats, or start a thread asking opinions on this topic, but i am confident on this one.

i think u are more worried about tryin to develop a premiership side... than worrying about who stays at the club...... ur main focus may be to win a premiership but if this doesnt work , its a hard additude but when u fail u look even worse.... all u are going to lose is supporters and players who serve the club longer than almost anyone (YZE) players that younger players would have watched when they were first wanting to play AFL... Players that may have futures after they leave playing AFL.. are lost.... goodbye.... never seen again

yep. 100%. i want a premiership, i want success. i want our club to be the best. if we are good enough to win a premiership we will have 22 players who will replace bruce in the eyes of supporters. we will have new kids to watch coming through the ranks that we can be excited about, just like we are with the current batch. players careers are finite, the team is always melbourne.

winning is everything for u. not to enjoy the football or the contest.. or a great goal or mark.

Winning :D or .... lets get rid of this player :angry:

the great mark and great goal are mere highlights on the way to success. if you like highlights, watch you tube and 'the season that was' videos, dont waste your time watching a team play, because those highlights rarely happen. i love when players do great things, but i love it more when they win, and i take a premiership above almost anything.

answer me this, would you take a premiership, or a package of 'goal of the year' 'mark of the year' and a brownlow for bruce? i'd take a premiership, because thats why you play, for the team, not for individual glory.

I dont have alot to say on danihers behalf..... for a start he has had a tough list to contend with... not only have we had lots of injurie selection problems.... the problem of less players on the bench during most games.....

Really melbourne has played below par in games where they shouldnt have tho.... for example The richmond or earlier this year the st kilda game....

For all those agro supporters on here callin for danihers blood should maybe think about the finals we reached in his 10 years..... and while we may have only won a few finals..... the playing group is much to blame than the coach....

I am neither fussed if he stays or goes..... the only reason i feel he must go.... is Change....

somtimes a change may be good for the club that is just oing thru the motions.... Daniher still has my respect and has been a loyal coach to the club and i am looking forward to the boards decision at years end.... Not now ... or not in a few weeks! why the hell would u put the MFC into more troubles mid seaons.

i agree with your assesment of ND 100% and have nothing further to add.

Miller..... The most hated of alll players at MFC....

I ask u a question....

Wat if we won last year against freo ..

Wat if brad kicked straight in the last qrt.....

WE win....

brad miller would not have been captain based on one game. it might have put him back on track. but are you suggesting that that one game, the fact that we lost a final where brad played well has consigned him to being an average player in the sandy team? but if we won he'd be the captain of the mfc? you're kidding yourself.

as said in a post recently Brock Mclean is overrated... i dont hate the guy, i love him like all of u, but i am not as stupid as u to rate him so highly .... i rate him high on potential for the future. he has been injury prone his whole career.... he has played some good games... like miller and has played well in one final like miller.

he has played a lot more games than miller, is only 21 and has a brighter future. if you want this to be a miller versus brock argument you are going to lose. you also loose the brock versus bruce argument because brock is 6 years younger and is only going to get better. bruce is coming to the end of his career and his kicking is currently off.

Alot of people called miller a leader as litttle as 1-2 years ago.... JADED u will know wat i am talkin about. (a possibility for next captain)

brad miller has as much potential at the club as anyone..... he was in our best in atleast 3 games this year and only has played about 8 or 9 games....

i said the same thing about miller, i was wrong. he was among our best in 3 games, but he has been horrible in other games and has hardly had a touch at sandy. maybe his form was at the wrong time, maybe he looks good when everyone else plays badly. maybe when we play good footy it shows him up as being average. i dont know, but what i do know is that he is not best 22 material atm. i dont wanna see him sacked. i wanna see him traded (if we can get good value) or kept.

as for others suggesting dunn should get a game this week he was crap in the VFL and miller has been ok and good the last 2 weeks....

EXPLAIN ur self?

thats wrong. not sure where you got that idea, butmiller kicked 6 and hasnt done anything since, has looked poor in fact, while dunn has played well.

Melbourne VS richmond

Lets talk about cameron bruce.... our most versatile player ... our best player and a candidate for next captain.... IMO i think he should and will get it, but im am not fussed if he doesnt, if he gets traded on the other hand ..... ahhh right.... i dont think so. 3 years he has been our most consistant our most damaging and our most prolific player....

But in ur eyes, Not hard enough... i wish i could be stuffed going to get all the stats for u idiots... but i cant.. so i willl generalise

Tackles- he is one of our most prolific players in tackles laid..

Hard ball gets- he was our leader in hard ball gets this season

Marks- Was and still is i think leading marks this season and was in the top 3 last season. ( go on say it.... "cheap possesions on the backline)

Bruce is one of the only midfeilders that has presented every game win or lose week in week out he leads up the middle of the ground presenting for our backmen.... dont belive me ... watch the sydney game classic example....

Bruces kicking has gone abit funny this year i will admit.... but the last 2-3 games it has been clearly not a big factor and many of u contiue to say it in ur weekly thought of the game.... is this just anger? or are u for real?

he is our most versatile, and one of our best. he might well get captain next year. i have never said he isnt good. i have said id trade him in the right deal. oh yeah, and his kicking has been terrible. and yes it has been obvious. he is missing set shots, his field kicking is poor. days gone by he has kicked 7 goals in a game. now he is lucky to snare 2. it has been a big factor, you just havnt noticed it because we won 2 games and then everyone got smashed last week. thats the last 3 games.

coz our dispoasal has been [censored] since round 1. People were quick to defend davey against the pies. Bell against any side....

dont get me started on bell, who has had a wonderful year.

hope that clears some stuff up. any problems? post em, its all up for debate.

just do me a favour, if you're going to post, make it a post like this. this was a reasonable well thought out post, and you made your points without attacking, and without carrying on without reason. im always open to discussion.

Edited by deanox
Merged posts, dodged the "max quotes" thing !

just thought i'd make a note, sorry that response was in four posts, it wouldnt allow me to have that many quotes in one post. sorry about any spelling mistakes, i was a bit rushed, and didnt have a chance to read over it...

Deanox footy isnt just about winning the premiership, its sooo much more than that, yes that is the big prize at the end but footy is more than that & its sad for you and anyone else that cant see that. Call me what you want but I wouldnt sacrifice some of our best and some of my favourite and other supporters favourite players just to hold the shiny cup. I love MFC because I always have, and its not a conditional love unlike some others seem to have.

Deanox footy isnt just about winning the premiership, its sooo much more than that, yes that is the big prize at the end but footy is more than that & its sad for you and anyone else that cant see that. Call me what you want but I wouldnt sacrifice some of our best and some of my favourite and other supporters favourite players just to hold the shiny cup. I love MFC because I always have, and its not a conditional love unlike some others seem to have.

i suppose there are two sides to the coin. but i am not talking about gutting the team. about trading all the players, about sacking the coach and starting from square one. but if trading one player meant we had a better chance at a flag in 4 years time i'd do it. because i will watch and follow the new players career with as much anticipation as i have bruces. everyone loves to see kids come through, so i believe the general population would get over the trading of a favourite or two.

but personally, i barrack for the Melbourne Football Club. Not for cameron bruce, not for david neitz, and not for james mcdonald, although i do love these boys for representing MY club. if they were to chase money or go to another club, i am not very interested in them any more because i don't have a passion for them to win. it is why i dont follow tennis. who cares if hewitt wins? i just want an aussie to get up, i'd rather watch the davis cup...

and just so you know my love is not conditional either, but my love is for the MFC, not for the players. and i think that if we won a flag, you'd love which ever players were holding that cup. and then we'd all get drunk together, and these arguments would seem futile ;)

actually that sounds like a decent argument to me. if we won a flag we would have nothing to argue about would we? so by extension we should do anything we can to win a flag lol

Deanox footy isnt just about winning the premiership, ................

I beg to differ. At the elit ellevel that is exactly what it is about. As spectators its not...as a team it bloody wel lbetter be. To aim any lower is to not only do the club and spectators a diservice but surely the players themsleves deserve to aspire to this greatness.

Any player in red and blue ( and by asscoiation all coaches etc ) had better have that as its goal....or they can bloody well **** off !!