2 minutes ago, Melbournepotter said:

"Talking to this masthead on the condition of anonymity, multiple sources spoke to an internal conflict between members of the board "........  i could get a few mates to say all sorts of [censored] to me about any football club to suit my narrative as well....and write that sentence. This anonymous [censored] is getting tiresome. 

Modern journalism is more about opinion than fact. That’s a fact!!!!!

• Thanks 1

On 03/10/2024 at 21:24, Ausrak said:

Peter Jackson must be laughing at the farce. Having turned the MFC from a basket case to on the right path to its first grand final win in 57 years, he reportedly warned the club about Gary Pert (Josh Mahoney being his well documented choice to be his successor) and was ignored. Now the club has turned full circle back to basket case, with Gary Pert reported to be shopping around one of the greatest footballers to ever pull on the MFC jumper in Clayton Oliver. Totally bizarre.

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/75468/jackson-to-retire-as-melbourne-ceo

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/125361/melbourne-announce-gary-pert-as-next-ceo

He's not laughing, I can tell you that much.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

So I take it that Pert was recieved that well by those in attendance?

lots of people spoke well of Pert. So im not buying the commentary around him trying to shop Clayton

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, seventyfour said:

How is he still CEO

I just don't understand how he isn't being forced out

will find out soon enough i guess. but lots of people spoke glowingly of him last night

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FreedFromDesire said:

I'm in favour of Pert going, and I think he will by the start of our 2025 season, but to be fair here - Pert was given permission by list management to sound it out, then the board had a vote about trading Oliver some time later and the idea was voted against.

I wonder who "voted". The new doctor replaced Janette Kendall on 30 September. Was the vote after that? Did she vote - interesting first decision to make - with 7 members, she may even have had the casting vote.....

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Hawk the Demon said:

I wonder who "voted". The new doctor replaced Janette Kendall on 30 September. Was the vote after that? Did she vote - interesting first decision to make - with 7 members, she may even have had the casting vote.....

You know I've said multiple times that I think your friend Mr Lawrence has done some good throughout his crusade, but this is completely tiresome now when you make every single matter about your narrative. It does your cause no good.

• Like 7
  • Clap 1
  • Angry 1

I'm in favour of Pert going, and I think he will by the start of our 2025 season, but to be fair here - Pert was given permission by list management to sound it out, then the board had a vote about trading Oliver some time later and the idea was voted against.

Are you sure about that?

i have heard differently….

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Are you sure about that?

i have heard differently….

Which part Sir? The parts I have heard as, reasonably informed, gossip are Pert is a fair chance to depart and the board voted down the Oliver trade. Pert sounding out the list management team was reported in the media, so perhaps that is the part you may know better on? I would take your word for it if so.

8 minutes ago, FreedFromDesire said:

Which part Sir? The parts I have heard as, reasonably informed, gossip are Pert is a fair chance to depart and the board voted down the Oliver trade. Pert sounding out the list management team was reported in the media, so perhaps that is the part you may know better on? I would take your word for it if so.

Initially Pert was flying solo, i was very surprised ro see him take the stage last night 

Should be cleaning out the Desk today 

Edited by Sir Why You Little
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dee Viney Intervention said:

Modern journalism is more about opinion than fact. That’s a fact!!!!!

Most of the so called journalists are commentators. They would not know journalism if it bit them on the [censored]!

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FreedFromDesire said:

You know I've said multiple times that I think your friend Mr Lawrence has done some good throughout his crusade, but this is completely tiresome now when you make every single matter about your narrative. It does your cause no good.

There was no intention in my original post of crusading FFD. You mentioned the Board has "voted". If indeed it came to a vote I would be interested to know when that vote took place and who made it? It's a pretty big decision - right? Kate departed on 6 Sep and Janette left on 30 Sep (replaced by Angela). So we now have a Board of 7 at a time when the Board is itself, being reviewed externally. Critical decisions and complex timing. If this review is happening in October will the review examine the decision you say has just been voted on by the Board? Any light you may be able to shed would be appreciated.

• Haha 1

And this from a person who runs a communications company.

1 hour ago, FreedFromDesire said:

Gossip, gossip, gossip ever heard the saying “Loose Lips Sink Ships” and undermine the fabric of the club based on nothing concrete at all. Pert spoke well at the B& F his only Blunder was saying No. 38 instead of Benny Brown’s No. 50, hardly a hanging offence. The club is in the middle of two Reviews where everyone will be scrutinised so I would imagine that he has been asking and answering some very intimate and harsh questions. So despite what accusations are being hurled around by those “in the know”, I thought that he handles himself quite dignified.

I should mention that I don't have "the knives out" for Gary Pert. Up until recently I thought he has done an excellent job as CEO of the Melbourne Demons.

I just wanted to keep Clayton Oliver at the Demons. Interim President Brad Green has said that Clayton Oliver isn't going anywhere, so I am relieved.

However, this news article (if true) does have me greatly concerned: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-tensions-between-melbourne-ceo-gary-pert-key-club-officials-coach-simon-goodwin-future-questioned-alan-richardson-problems-at-demons/news-story/464bd24e03de5dbad68e6920037dff36

13 minutes ago, Supreme_Demon said:

I should mention that I don't have "the knives out" for Gary Pert. Up until recently I thought he has done an excellent job as CEO of the Melbourne Demons.

I just wanted to keep Clayton Oliver at the Demons. Interim President Brad Green has said that Clayton Oliver isn't going anywhere, so I am relieved.

However, this news article (if true) does have me greatly concerned: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-tensions-between-melbourne-ceo-gary-pert-key-club-officials-coach-simon-goodwin-future-questioned-alan-richardson-problems-at-demons/news-story/464bd24e03de5dbad68e6920037dff36

Well Sam McLure has been mentioned again about July concerns but it was just a repeat of his usual statements trying to stir up trouble. 

As for the action of approaching other Clubs  the Board and other personnel may not always agree but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong if agreed by the relevant committee/officers involved.

Plus last nights statement from President Brad Green indicates that a decision on Clarry has been made and he will not be cleared. Deep down I believe he is happy with that show of support and I have no doubt that with his strong mind once training commences he will get to work.  
When Clarry commits it’s a 100% all in and I see no reason for that to alter now that a decision has been made. 

The Board cannot pre determine findings in the Reviews and the staff and other stakeholders would be well served having the same attitude. After all that’s what you have a review isn’t it? 

4 hours ago, FreedFromDesire said:

To be fair it appears Pert's Oliver fiasco was shut down by a board that perhaps in future could of made that decision prior to the fiasco beginning. We seem quite disjointed as a club and the leaking is hurting everyone.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

To be fair it appears Pert's Oliver fiasco was shut down by a board that perhaps in future could of made that decision prior to the fiasco beginning. We seem quite disjointed as a club and the leaking is hurting everyone.

Yes that's a very fair point! And perhaps while looking at board to football connection they can try and find where all the information leaks are coming from also.