Daniel Bell

deanox

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the players we were bagging earlier this year have really risen to the challenge, Bell, Bate and Jones have all lifted brilliantly, also impressed with Nathan Carroll, the backline is looking much sounder. PJ contributing well in the ruck, we now no longer look hopeless when White is off the ball. Wheatley was good today also. Go Dee's

Great Talent !

Probably the best game he has played and the best thing is that there will be plenty more to come, and he will only get better.

His tackles on Welsh were phenomanol - amazing - in awe I am. And if I recall correctly he laid a similar one against a Port bloke, could have been Ebert? His last line of defence pressure is top notch.

Long time member of Bell fan club here. Bell has developed nicely. Drafted bottom age as a very skinny kid who was always going to take time to develop. Is quick, has a strong body and good disposal, and his spoiling today was fantastic.

I will watch with interest for the mea culpas!

I heard 11 ;)

There are a few of us who have been behind Belly since the start. I'm glad that today, his 38th career game, he has stuck it up all those who didn't believe he could make it.

Well done Belly, an absolutely brilliant defensive job today.

You are as brave, as honest, as hard and as exciting as they come.

:wub::wub::wub:

Couldnt of said it better! All I said all day was "My moneys on Belly"

Alan, you have been here for 5 minutes, don't tell me what to do. The amount of crap Bell has got around here has been horrendus, those posters need to stand up and say they were wrong.

Fair enough Brocky. Don't take it as a personal attack.

I have been reading these and other boards for years now and 5 minutes of post time on Demonland is not a true representation of what I know and from what I've been reading on this site.

I know Belly has copped a significant dump from all angles. But I can also understand the frustration from the fence. Not all supporters are as patient or logical as others.

Good to see you kept the faith.

Its clear channel seven dont know him though as on the channel 7 news "maloney stopped a certain goal to welsh" :wacko::wacko:

Heard that too. Channel 7 really are pushing the boundaries with their football coverage :unsure:

Great to hear Belly was awesome. Fast, attacking and accountable - always happy to have that.

Didn't see the game but apparently Wheatley was good too. 19 kicks to 3 handballs for him is good to see.

I heard 11 ;)

There are a few of us who have been behind Belly since the start. I'm glad that today, his 38th career game, he has stuck it up all those who didn't believe he could make it.

Well said Jaded and I could not agree with you more.......

You and Dan have every reason to scream "I told you so" from the highest roof top, as you guys have been supporting, and campaigning for this, kid of a hell of a long time now. You should be very proud that he is (and has been all year) showing everyone else what he is actually capable of.

It also goes to show that there are a hell of a lot of folk who will just right our players off with no real understanding that it takes an individual time and effort for a player to come good, and frankly that lack of faith is unbelievably sad and they should be hanging their heads in shame.

Daniel Bell was simply awesome yesterday and should be congratulated for shoring up our back line and giving the opposition absolutely nothing.

Brilliant game, well done Daniel :wub:;) !!!

Not all supporters are as patient or logical as others.

Ain't that the truth.....

Good to see you kept the faith.

But asking for a bit more faith in some of our younger players would not be out of line for a hell of a lot of people.

Where are all you 'Belly will never make it' posters now?????

Stand up and take your [censored] medicine!!

Exactly right!

Where are the heroes who put the boots into him now????????

Have a think before you post........you look like fools now!

Previous negative Belly posts should be found and re-posted for a public shaming!!!!!

I heard 11 ;)

lets not get too carried away just yet, i remember seeing a young brent grgic take a game by the scruff of the neck and wondering just how good he was going to be. bell was great and i tip my hat to him, but it's only one game. now we know how good he can be......lets see more of it before the "told you so's" come out.

lets not get too carried away just yet, i remember seeing a young brent grgic take a game by the scruff of the neck and wondering just how good he was going to be. bell was great and i tip my hat to him, but it's only one game. now we know how good he can be......lets see more of it before the "told you so's" come out.

Give me a break........Bell has been one of our most consistent players this year, and yesterday was a standout game for him. It was his best game, but he has been good all year!

You haven't been watching him much this year if you think it's only one game!

If I could sew, I'd be heading down to th Demon Shop and purchasing the numbers 2 and 1 for my guernsey. I haven't been so excited by the game of a defender since Jared Rivers routinely obliterated opposing forward lines throughout 2004. Chasing, tackling, spoiling, all-round desperation, and twenty touches to boot. I was particularly pleased that it was on Scott Welsh too. The clown usually reserves his one good game of the season for Melbourne. Great job, Belly!

The whole defence was sensational yesterday, too. Carroll was very, very good. The amount of pressure applied by the backline was terrific. The all-round pressure applied by the team yesterday has been sorely missing through most of this season.

Ok, you just compared Belly to Brent Grgic. I can no longer take anything you say seriously.

From now on, refer to my signature for my opinion on all Belly bashers.

Bell's played some great patches of footy last year n has been brilliant this year.

He has been our best/most consistent backmen all year.

I've said it b4 but i think his taken the mantle of best small defender of Whelan.

Whelan can pick up the 2nd small. :rolleyes:

I heard 11 ;)

Puts it all in perspective really when you realise he has only played 38 games! Terrific game and expect bigger things. May get the job on Buckley this week assuming he returns.

Ok, you just compared Belly to Brent Grgic. I can no longer take anything you say seriously.

From now on, refer to my signature for my opinion on all Belly bashers.

my credibilty must be in trouble then.i'm shattered.

it's a very simple analogy, not a direct comparison of the 2 players. if you missed the point i'll explain a different way; few good performances does not a quality a.f.l footballer make. it's taken until round 10 for the pro bell supporters to bring out the "i told you so" line.........what do you read into that? besides all that, all i said about bell was that he had a long way to go and that he was crap against west coast......and he was. it's great to be supportive of players and defend them, but every player who pulls on a red and blue jumper is not necessarily going to be gun.

If I could sew, I'd be heading down to th Demon Shop and purchasing the numbers 2 and 1 for my guernsey.

no need mate, just go online and order one and you get the proper jumper with them printed on them like the players have

Guest redandbluethruandthru
all i said about bell was that he had a long way to go and that he was crap against west coast......and he was.

dude nearly the whole side was crap against west coast