Team Vs Crows

Finks

Is 'wrist' the new word for 'dropped'? <_<

Not happy to see Dunny dropped, he hardly deserves it considering how many poor performers we have been carrying for weeks/months/years.

Excellent ins with Sylvia and Bate back. Sylvia to CHF in the absence of Miller?

Still no CJ.....

Is 'wrist' the new word for 'dropped'? <_<

Not happy to see Dunny dropped, he hardly deserves it considering how many poor performers we have been carrying for weeks/months/years.

Excellent ins with Sylvia and Bate back.

Still no CJ.....

still no Wheels

good for sylvia to be back in and frawley to retain spot

ROFL at Wheatley getting a game ahead of Newton

Champagne comedy

But anyway

SYLVIA IS BACK!! YES!!!!

Averaging 3 goals a game in his last 2 outings

None of those games were at the MCG

my prediction

COLIN WILL ARRIVE THIS WEEK!!

Demons get their first win of the season behind an 8 goal haul from the KID

my prediction

COLIN WILL ARRIVE THIS WEEK!!

Demons get their first win of the season behind an 8 goal haul from the KID

If this happens my prediction:

YM will have to buy a new pair of pants

No rivers is a concern, but i'd rather he miss 6 games now, and then play 22 games next year with a full pre-season

Good to see Bate back. Sylvia a bonus. Wheatley needs to step up or else...

Can't wait to see Bizz in full flight. Neitz needs to move into CHF....for Miller.

Excellent ins with Sylvia and Bate back. Sylvia to CHF in the absence of Miller?

Jaded, I too was initially unhappy to see Dunn out. However we must remember he is just learning how to play on the ball. So far he has only really played up forward. Its a huge ask for him to learn a totally foreign position at the highest level. A couple of full games playing on the wing and in the middle for Sandy could be greatly beneficial. However, if Sandy decided their greatest chance of winning is with Dunn at CHF well ...........

Probably Bate and Sylvia to both play across half-forward. If last week (and sandy the week before) is anything to go by Robbo will be sticking very close to home.

On Wheatley- I am a fan, was great in his come back game for Sandy. When fully fit he is a better future option to join Frawley, Wheels, Bell as mid sized defenders then Biz, Brown and Ward are.

wat a bummer with rivers...

i like the changes, i think wheatley definitely deserves a chance to atleast try to prove he is up to afl level...he could be a good player when playing at his best, and deserves a go as much as anyone else.

i would like to see dunne back in the seniors very very soon, and newton to debut within the next couple of weeks

How about Wheatley at FB ? Move Chopper onto the second key forward now that Rivers could be a long term absentee.

Send Wheaters a compilation of Dustin Fletcher's best defensive work and I'm sure he'd learn from it. They're remarkably similar in build and both have Go Go Gadget arms. And they both kick a country mile.

Put a couple of heavy hitters next to him and Wheaters might finally find his position at the MFC which he has struggled to do to date.

This season's belly up already. Time to use some imagination.

Reasonably happy with the in's considering most of the other guys I'd like to see are probably injured. Newton must be close though.

As for outs I'm surprised Holland was omitted considering Rivers hasn't come up, but I guess it means Frawley should get a decent run in the backline (which is good). I probably would have played Dunn over Ward but it's good to see relatively young players return in his place. A break might be good for Dunn anyhow.

Sylvia to CHF in the absence of Miller?

Bate would be my preferred candidate but Sylvia should play up forward.

How about Wheatley at FB ? Move Chopper onto the second key forward now that Rivers could be a long term absentee.

I don't think Wheatley is strong enough and that's probably my biggest criticism of him as he uses the ball pretty well. He'd be better in a more creative position IMHO. I posted in another thread that he was reported as saying he'd prefer to play in a more attacking position like the wing.

Happy with those changes.

I think Dunn has dropped off recently and needs a run at Sandy.

Last chance for Wheatley.

1st game back and his last chance..HA!. Dunn needs a run at Sandy. Bate being a walk up start says alot.

Full team line-up:

Melbourne Team

Backs: D.Ward, N.Carroll, R.Petterd

Half backs: J.Frawley, C.Bizzell, D.Bell

Centreline: T.Johnstone, J.McDonald, A.Davey

Half forwards: B.Green, R.Robertson, C.Bruce

Forwards: C.Sylvia, D.Neitz, M.Bate

Followers: J.White, S.Godfrey, N.Jones

I/C: P.Johnson, B.McLean, P.Wheatley, N.Brown

Emergencies: C.Johnson, B.Holland, L.Dunn

Brock McLean named on the bench...

I know it's probably me being paranoid, but why can I foresee a late change with McLean pulling out of the team in the last minute? :(

Also, that forward line should kick us at least 20 goals... if we can win the ball in the middle and move it quickly!

Great to see Sylvia and Bate back, though i am still a bit iffy about Wheatley.

Bate at CHF and Sylvia on the ball and resting up forward

Finally Miller has been dropped, should be traded at the end of the season, he has been pretty much useless over the weeks.

That's not the problem, Godfrey is just better than him...

best qoute of the year! i laughed so hard i pee'd my pants

killer!

seriously i think they are going to nurse mclean in the next few weeks

could still start in the ground though, but maybe ND likes the great cheer chooka gets when he runs on in front of his adoring fans

In: Sylvia, Bate, Wheatley

Out: Miller (wrist), Dunn, Holland

Looks like a good side on paper. Maybe our best for the year?? Would question why Dunn has been dropped though - especially with Miller out. Wrist??? If his wrist complaint means he can't handball anymore and is forced to go back quickly and 'KICK IT', that could be a good thing.